Stalked

Chapter 19

As she watches Theo asleep on the sofa, she thinks back to the first time she met him, When he approached her first, hoping that he could help. And he did. Her life since then had been a whirlwind of change and emotion. Even though she finds him frustrating at times, she's a little thankful that she has him there to help her. From now on, she'll try to make the effort to get along with him.

And it starts with breakfast. She raids the kitchen for the ingredients to make pancakes. She also grabs the strawberry and syrup.

Mixing everything together she takes a ladleful of the mixture and drops it into the pan. After cooking more than she was planning, she chops the strawberries, dropping them onto the plate and drizzling maple syrup onto the pancakes with a sprinkle of confectioners sugar. After sitting the plates on the dinner table, and pouring the coffee and a glass of fresh orange juice, she walks into the living-room to wake Theo. Gently poking at his arm, he moans quietly in his sleep.

"Wake up!' She snaps, clapping her hands together. He lifts his head off the pillow, with one eye shut, eyeing amy.

"Breakfast is ready." She smiles, walking back into the kitchen waiting for him. A minute or two later, Theo walks in after changing into his grey sweat pants.

"What's this?" He asks as he rubs his eyes. His hair is messy and sticking up everywhere. Amy pretends not to notice. She also pretends not to notice that he is shirtless.

"I thought I'd cook breakfast." Amy explains, sitting down at the table.

"I don't think I've ever had this kind of breakfast made for me! It looks amazing." He says, sitting down across from amy.

"Yeah well.. It's kind of my fault that you had to sleep on the couch.." Amy says as she rolls her eyes.

"Sorry.." She says, taking a bite of her pancakes.

"Don't worry about it. That clicking sound is irritating. I'll get it sorted."

Silence fills the room as they both eat. She watches Theo, stuffing as many pancakes and strawberries in his mouth as he can.

"Hungry much?" She asks.

"Mm.. It's really good." Amy can just about make him out over the chewing.

"So how was your date?" Amy asks. She smiles, wondering that if he has listened to the message on his answering machine.

He shrugs, shaking his head as he swallows.

"Ok I guess. I was home early. Pretty tired."

"Oh.."

"Mel always wants to see me and.. Hang out and stuff. I guess I'm not that keen."

"Is that a bad thing that she wants to see you?" Amy asks, confused.

"I dunno.." He mumbles. He sips his coffee and then takes a sip of orange juice.

"This orange juice is great." He points, taking another gulp.

"Theo.." Amy says, wondering how to ask him.

"Hmm?" He asks.

"Don't you ever get tired of dating all the time? Or, hooking up?"

"Huh?" He asks.

"I mean you are with a different girl almost every day of the week. I don't know you all that well but I've noticed that you sorta, mingle.. Doesn't it get tiring?" She asks, hoping she's not over stepped the mark.

"Why are you asking?" He asks, folding his arms on the table, leaning forward slightly, intrigued.

"Well.. I just wondered. And besides. You know about all my ex's.. You wrote a list, remember? You know more about me than I do about you."

Amy shrugs as she sticks her fork into a strawberry. Feeling her face going red as she can feel his eyes on her, she doesn't look up at him.

Theo watches as Amy stares at her plate, playing with her food. Stunned that she would ask such a thing, he can understand why she's curious. He does know her better, than she knows him. Not wanting to divulge too much, or why he hooks up so much, he considers telling her part of the reason.

"I guess I had a bad experience with a girl, long time ago. I just decided to try something different."

"As in hooking up all the time? Do you actually enjoy it? Actually, don't answer that.." She says, holding up her hand, avoiding the image of him with girls.

"Is this twenty questions?" He asks laughing as he drinks his coffee.

"Ok I'm sorry. I won't ask anymore." She says, annoyed that he doesn't tell her anything.

"I'll tell you what. Let's make it twenty question. I'll answer yours as long as you answer mine."

Feeling intimidated, curious at what he'll ask, amy bites her bottom lip as They both do a state down.

"Ok, fine." She agrees.

"I'll go first!" Theo says. "Umm.. What do you really feel about living here with me? And be honest."

"Ok. I find you annoying sometimes. But the apartment is amazing so I guess I can live with your annoyance. But I do feel safe, with you." She answers, shyly.

Theo laughs as he sits back in his chair staring at amy.

"You did tell me to be honest!" She snaps.

"Atleast you added the safe part.. That was nice. I guess.." He says.

"My turn!" Amy squeaks in a playful voice.

"If you could would you rather settle down with a lady or continue this.. charade of a different lady each day of the week?!" Amy asks.

Theo can tell she doesn't agree with the one night stand scenario. She did tell him that she had a one night stand, only one. He secretly admires this.

"I guess i wouldn't mind, eventually.. But. I'm picky. I guess I like not having responsibility in a relationship, that's why I don't have any. My turn. What's your longest relationship?"

"A few years. What's yours? She asks.

"Same."

"Can we get personal?" Theo asks. Amy shifts in her seat, not liking the sound of getting personal.

"Ok.."

"Why don't you get on with your dad?"

Amy sighs with relief, thinking he would ask a question about her sex life.

"I told you. We moved around a lot. It was hard." Theo raises his eyebrow, knowing that she isn't telling the truth .

"Fine." Amy gives in. "We don't get along with each for a few reasons. One being that my Mother left is when I was little. He never told me why. He wouldn't let me try to find her. We argued so much when I was growing up, he would just go crazy whenever I mentioned her."

"What was her name? Was she french?" Theo asks.

"I don't know her name. French, yeah." Amy thinks back to her earliest memory of her mother. She remembers sitting on her lap while her mother read her a story. Other memories are a little fuzzy.

"And the other reason we don't get along is.. I went through a really difficult relationship. He wasn't there to help me. And I've never forgiven him for it."

"I'm sorry.." Theo whispers. Knowing about the relationship. Rather than asking about it he decides to wait for amy to yell him in her own time.

"Who is Lesley and why haven't you asked her out yet??" Amy suddenly asks.

"Lesley?" He asks inquisitively.

"Uh huh. So you haven't listened to the message yet?" She asks, sticking out her tongue.

"Message?" He asks, staring down the hall, wondering what's waiting for him on the answering machine.

"Hmm. How did it go again.." Amy teases. She gets up and jogs into the livingroom.

"Don't you dare play that message!" He shouts as he chases her into the living Room. She stands at the phone with her finger at the ready.

"Nu uh! Don't come any closer or ill press play. Or I'll delete it.. One of the two." She sticks out her tongue again.

"So? Who is she? She sounds nice."

"Lesley from work. That's all you need to know. Now beat it so I can listen!" Theo jumps forward, playfully pushing amy out the way.

"You're no fun!" She moans as he presses play. Amy goes back into the kitchen to clean up.

Theo returns with a smirk on his face.

"Hah. I guess you have your next floozy lined up then." Amy says, winking. Theo picks up the towel and whips her with it.

"Ouch! Help me clean up!" She demands.

Doing as she says, theo clears the plates.

"I need to ask a favour." Theo says, filling the sink with soapy water.

"Name it." Amy says, drying the plates after he washes them.

"It's my little sisters sixteenth birthday today. I need you to come out with me to help pick a present, cause you're a girl."

"Oh really? Jeez. I hadn't noticed." She sarcastically answers, looking down at her body.

"Very funny. So, can you help?"

"Why can't you pick it out? And why have you waited till the day of her birthday? Whats her name?"

"Alexa. And like you, I don't get on so well with the parents."

"Oh. Why?" She asks. He looks at her questioningly.

"Twenty questions, remember?" She reminds him. Gently slapping his arm.

"My mother and I don't agree on certain things. She's strict. I hate how she's raising Alexa. She never did agree with me joining the law enforcement. She wanted me to become a doctor."

"And your dad?" She asks.

"My dad is.. Quiet. Doesn't have much to say. Let's leave it at that."

Glad that he told her, she leaves it be.

"I guess I can help. But. You have to do something for me."

Theo eyes Amy, not liking the sound of that.

"I want to have that driver all day tomorrow. And I want Lisa to come out with me. Not you. Lisa.."

Amy feels different around Theo. Since this morning, since the twenty questions, things have lightened up. Like they cleared the air. He's not as annoying as she thought he was.

Theo stares at Amy as she dries the plates. Considering it, he wonders what she'll be getting up to. She looks up at him, her eyes begging him to say yes. Holding back, he doesn't answer her right away. He hands her another plate. He notices her standing closer to him, staring. As he looks down at her, he glares, watching her pout her lips.

"Stop it!" He snaps, playfully pushing her away with his shoulder.

"Please..." She moans.

Sighing, he gives in and nods.

"Fine. But the rules stay the same. Call me every hour!"

"Yeah yeah. Thank you! Im gonna call Lisa." She runs off, humming a tune as she does so.

Wondering why he can't resist her when she pouts, he finishes tidying up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not sure where I'm going with this story......