Stalked

Chapter 6

i have an hour till I have to go meet theo. I'm hoping my house has the all clear, even though I can't stand the thought of someone trying to break in, I miss my own space. I hate staying in someone else's house

"Hey girly!" Lisa squeals as she comes in the livingroom, sitting on the chair.

"Heey.." I mumble.

"What's wrong with you?" She asks.

"Just nervous about going back to my house."

"Well, I wouldn't worry. This detective james seems to know what he's doing. So sweet of him to help you."

"I guess.." I whisper, not really paying attention.

"What's he like?" She asks as she sits on the floor and practices some weird yoga positions.

"He's fine." I say.

"Cute?" She asks.

Yes.. "No." I quickly say.

"Not even a little?"

"Nope."

"Damn, that's ashame."

"Whatever.." I casually say and get up to grab my leather jacket.

"Are you going already?" She asks, standing up.

"Yeah. I guess I'll pick up a few things before I meet him. Thanks for letting me stay."

"You know you can stay here anything, right?" I nod, hugging her before I go.

I lied. I didn't need to pick up anything. I just wanted to take a drive before meeting him.

Finally, it's time to drive to my house. I pull up, and wait in the car. I don't know what he drives. A car arrives, an Audi. Theo gets out. I take a deep breath and get out the car, walking towards him to my front door.

"I'm not late am I?" He asks.

"No, on time." I I grab my keys and before putting it into the lock, theo reaches out and takes them from me.

"I'll open it, stay behind me." I nod and do as he says. "Actually, you wait out here.." He says.

I feel confused. But I agree anyway. I wait out in the garden, folding my arms. Finally he comes back out.

"Clear." He says, inviting me in. To my own home..

"So, the bedroom. Which is it?" He asks. I lead him upstairs.

"This one." We enter my room. First thing we notice is the base lying in pieces on my floor. My bedroom table has been moved again.

"It's been moved.. Again!" I snap.

"Bedside table?" He asks. I nod.

"It's always up against the wall. It keeps moving forward."

"Hm.." He mumbles. He walks towards the open window above the bedside table. He sticks his head out, looking up and down the outside wall.

"You need to get new locks, these can easily be broken into..and there's black scrapes along your wall and pipe as if someone has climbed up. You're not paranoid, Amy. Someone has definitely tried something."

"Tried? Haven't they succeeded? If my table has been moved doesn't that mean they've been in?" I ask. He takes a clear bag and gloves, tools out his brief case.

"I'll take prints. See if we find anything. Do you notice if anything is missing?" He asks. As he stands beside me, I look around the room. Something on my chest of drawers looks missing but I don't know what. I stare at it, trying to remember.

"Amy?" Theo says, looking at the drawers. "Anything missing from there?"

I step closer, trying to find the spot where the missing item used to be.

"A photo.." I whisper. "I had a picture, there.. It was.. Um.." I struggle to remember. I take out my phone, I know it's saved in my photo album.

"That one.. Why would it be stolen?" I ask confused. Theo stands close to me and looks at the photo. It's me and Lisa, on my 25th birthday.

"Who is that?" He asks.

"Lisa.." I give theo my phone, noticing that my drawer is open.

"Hey, my drawer is open.. My underwear drawer. I didn't leave that open."

"Great don't tell me he's stealing your underwear!" Theo whispers under his breath.

"I can't tell if any are missing.." I say, going through them.

"Anything else?" He asks, handing me my phone.

"Will we check downstairs?" I ask.

"Hm. Usually it's the bedroom that this person would steal from. It's your most personal room."

"I guess." I say.

"Come on, let's go over that.. Normal sized list.." Theo says laughing. I sigh and follow him downstairs.

"You want some juice?" I ask. Theo nods, sitting down at my kitchen counter. I give him a can, and sit on the High stool beside him.

"Ok. I need names.. Dates.. Picture if you have them."

"Ok. I'll go grab my photos. How far back we talking here?" I ask curiously.

"First boyfriend I guess." He says, holding his pen at the ready.

"Oh.." I mutter. I have a photo box in my room full of old pictures and ex boyfriends.

"Don't you normally have help from your partner?" I ask as I sit next to him.

"Not this time. He got demoted."

"What for?" I ask.

"He fell for this girl that we were helping in a case. She was a witness. They started dating and the boss found out. Demoted right away."

"Wow.." I say. "At least he wasn't fired.." I say, hopeful. Theo looks at me and smiles.

"I guess. I'm meeting him tonight actually, catch up. See how he and the Mrs are doing. So, is this the box?"

"Yeah.."

"Ok. First boyfriend."

"Hold on a sec. Are you only needing names of boyfriends, and that's all? Or are you also needing names of guys that I've, seen.." I ask, embarrassed. I can feel my face going bright red. Maybe I worded that wrong. Theo clears his throat and smiles, shuffling his papers about.

"We'll start off with the boyfriends.."

Crap. He thinks I'm a slut.