Stalked

Chapter 9

Only a week after Amy had her new locks put in and a security light fitted outside she hasn't had any trouble. No sleepless nights and no strange noises to be heard. A couple of times she noticed the outside light turn on. She would run to the window, peering out curiously, terrified incase it was happening again, but it was only a cat, she told herself. Having not heard from Detective James, she figured it was all over and that he found nothing suspicious. As she stands in a dark room at work, developing her photographs, she looks at the time. Only an hour to go. Jumping, she see's Andrew coming in.

"God you scared me!" She snaps, placing her hand on her chest.

"Sorry. Hey, did you hear about the opening of that job that you were after, last year?" Amy turns to face him, taking in every word he just said.

"Don't mess with me. Are they looking for someone?" She asks excitedly.

"Apparently so. You should ask George. He is interviewing."

Last year Amy was devastated when she didn't get the job. Her current job, she takes pictures of pretty houses and the countryside, rich families and rich employers. She wanted something more exciting, more challenging. She knows she's perfect for the job. It's not for a magazine company, it's for the local paper. She knows she'll never get her dream job at the New York Times, but this is close enough. Whenever something is happening, good or bad, she'd be sent to the scene. She would be hated by most, she thought. No one likes a photographer taking pictures Snooping around to get a better view.

"I have no idea why you would want to run around taking pictures of a crime scene.."

"It's more exciting than this! Honestly if I meet another rich employer and have to take his picture, listening to how he wants to pose and that he doesn't like this side of his face.." Amy poses, demonstrating the rich employer.

Laughing, Andrew copies her.

"Oh, not this side of my face my dear. The left side of my face is the much more handsomer." Andrew giggles as he speaks in a British accent, turning his face to right, touching his left cheek. Amy chuckles, slapping his arm gently nudging him away.

"Exactly!" She grins. "I need to see George!!" She runs away excitedly.

Amy returns home frustrated that George told her to come back next week. Her phone rings, knowing that it's Lisa by the ring tone, she answers as she unlocks her front door.

"Hello?"

"Hey girl!"

"What do you want?" Amy jokes.

"Well, we've been invited to Jill's party tomorrow night."

"Oh yeah? Yay.." Amy rolls her eyes. She isn't a fan of Jill.

"Yeah it's at the Monty Club. And you have to dress up."

"What's the theme?" Amy asks.

"Rock chick. I'm excited!"

"Rock chick? I guess there'll be rock music playing?" Amy asked, not feeling very thrilled.

"No.. I thinks it's mostly 80's music. And pop, I think. She mentioned that her friend is in a band and he would be playing a few songs. Should be fun. So will I head to your house and get ready there?"

"Sure, why not. What time?"

"I'll come over at 6. We've to be there for 7:30."

"Ok, catch ya." Amy hangs up.

"Hmm. Rock chick.. Rock chick.." Amy raids her wardrobe.

---

Theo sits with mark, having just finished work they both grabbed some pizza before getting ready for the party tonight. Taking a sip of beer after taking a bite of pepperoni pizza, Theo wonders what mark will be wearing.

"Do you have a costume for tonight?" He asks mark.

"I borrowed a leather jacket from a guy at work. That with Black jeans I guess." Mark says whilst munching on the pizza. They are both still dressed in suits. With mark being a lawyer, he wasn't sure if he would make tonight.

"Hey, haven't you hooked up with Jill?" He asks Theo.

"Yeah.. Why?" Theo asks as if it's nothing.

"Just asking. Is she seeing anybody?"

"I don't know. She's a little wild, Jill." Theo smirks, taking a sip of beer. "I don't think you could handle her."

Mark laughs as he finishes off his beer.

"Whatever man. We'll see!"

After mark leaves to change, Theo gets his clothes sorted for tonight. He changes into blue jeans, a black v neck t-shirt and a black leather jacket. It's as rockerish as he'll get. Picking up his guitar, he places it in the case.

---

Amy and Lisa stand side by side, both looking in the mirror as they admire the outfits for tonight. Amy has her hair big and wavy, her black smokey eyeshadow brings out the colour in her eyes. Very little blusher and a nude lipstick, she is happy with her make up. Not feeling like the rocker type, she settled for black skin tight jeans, with rips on the knees. A black low cut baggy vest with gold lining, and a gold belt around her small waist covered by a black fitted leather jacket with silver studs on the collar. She wobbles as she looks down at her black high heels. Lisa sighs, turning round to look at her back.

"Do I look ok?" She asks, unsure.

"You look amazing! Better than me!" Amy takes another look at her outfit. She wears the same black skin tight jeans as Amy, but without the rips, and her jeans are high waisted, stopping beneath her silver studded black bra top, slightly covered by her leather jacket. Her high ankle boots make her almost taller than Amy. Lisa's hair is blonde and big, with pink chalk on the ends. Her eye make up is heavy, with nude lips like Amy's.

"Oh you have to sign the birthday card!" Lisa reminds her, much to Amy's disgust.

"Do I have to?" Amy asks. Lisa tilts her head and sighs at Amy.

"Yes! I still don't get why you don't like her!" Amy takes the card from Lisa, looking around for a pen.

"I don't.. I think she's slutty."

"You don't like her because she's slutty?"

"Not just because of that.. She's just full of herself. She wears the most skimpiest clothes ever!"

"Hello?!" Lisa shouts, pointing at her own outfit. "Look at me! Jeez I'm more skimpier than Jill has ever been!"

"Just for tonight, though!" Amy moans as she signs her name on the card.

Amy and Lisa pay the cab driver, getting out Amy see's people heading into the club. They have wigs on and face paint, imitating KISS.

Lisa grabs her hand and pulls her into the club. As they sign their names at the check in, Amy can hear a band playing. Lisa is dancing as she signs her name. Moving into the large hall, spot lights float across the room as the multi coloured disco lights create a dark but colourful reception. So far there are a lot of guests, Amy see's men wearing leather jackets. It seems to be the most obvious thing to wear, she thinks.

"Great band!" Lisa shouts into Amy's ear. Turning to face the stage, she sees a familiar face at the mic. Amy stops in her tracks, staring at the man she knows as Theo, detective James. Lisa looks round to see why Amy has stopped.

"What's wrong?" Lisa asks, staring at the stage. A speechless Amy stutters as she points. But just as she begins to point, Theo looks her way. Damn.. Has he seen me? She thinks. His expression shows that he recognises her but isn't sure. Once he looks away, Amy grabs Lisa's hand and drags her outside.

"Hey!" Lisa shouts, keeping up with a running Amy.

"Sorry.. I need to get out for fresh air." Amy lies.

"What's going on? Who is that?" Lisa asks.

"That's detective James!" Amy points to the club. "He's here.. Singing!"

"Wow, he's cute!" Lisa says in a shocked tone. "Why are you going bright red?" She asks, pointing at Amy's face.

"I am not!" Amy snaps, touching her warm cheeks.

"You like him!" Lisa teases.

"No I don't. I'm kind of embarrassed actually.." Amy admits. "He knows of all my past relationships, and my one night stand! And then after he left last week with all of their names, he said that he would look into each one of them and get back to me."

"But he didn't?" Lisa asks.

"No. He didn't. So he has a list of all my ex's. I'm so embarrassed!" She holds her face, cringing at the thought.

"I wouldn't worry about it Amy. He was doing his job. Maybe he isn't thinking about it the way that you are.. After all he is an FBI agent.. A cute one."

"I guess." Amy agrees.

---

As Theo finished the song, he jokingly bows and jumps off the stage. Feeling positive that he saw a familiar face, he looks around for the girl. Interrupted, Jill throws her arms around Theo's neck.

"That was awesome!" She shouts over the crowd.

"Thanks. Happy birthday!" He kisses Jill on her cheek.

---

Amy and Lisa return to the party. Near the stage, Amy see's Jill and Theo. Her arms are wrapped around his neck and he gives her a kiss on the cheek. Amy shakes her head as she follows Lisa to the bar.

"Vodka coke?" Lisa asks Amy. Amy nods, looking over at Theo and Jill. She is whispering in his ear, he laughs as she continued to obviously flirt with him.

As Amy and Lisa talk, Theo glances over. Amy.. He thinks. Not sure what to do, go over to talk to her or stay talking to Jill, Jill see's her friends waving. She runs over to them, leaving Theo deciding on what to do. He stares, admiring her outfit. She looks, different.. He eyes up her legs in those jeans, in the high heels, her leather jacket fitting tightly on her tiny figure.

Amy laughs at Lisa's joke. She casually looks over in Theo's direction, Meeting his stare. Nervously, she smiles as he walks over.

"Amy, hi." He greets her.

"Hi, didn't think I'd bump into you here!" She says, feeling stupid. Wishing she never said that, what if he thinks she wanted to bump into him..

"Like wise.." He says, laughing. Standing looking at each other, an awkward silence emerged.

"Uh, this is Lisa.."" Amy breaks the silence.

"Hey Lisa." Theo shakes her hand. Lisa, grinning at Theo, shakes his hand.

"Hi.." She says.

Again, there is an awkward silence. Amy, wondering why this is so hard, tries to think of something to say. But theo beats her to it.

"Uh. I didn't find anything on those names so.. Nothing out of the ordinary." Theo tells her. Knowing that it was a stupid thing to say in a club, he wishes he kept his mouth shut. He notices Amy's nervous laugh, her face going red as her eyes search the room.

"Oh that's over with.. I'm sorry I waisted your time." She says, feeling embarrassed.