Night Changes

Ten

Sidney’s POV- September 2014
“Who’s Joanna?”

I looked up from my phone to see Pascal looking at me. He was also grinning and I wanted to punch Beau who waved at me with a smile on his face and Olli who grinned at me and gave me two thumbs up. Those two were getting close and getting into a lot of trouble, I didn’t like it one bit.

“What are you talking about?” I asked him.

He walked next to me and grinned at me. He raised a thick eyebrow

“Beau said that you know Aria’s housemate. How do you know her? Olli wouldn’t tell me even when I bribed him with dinner…his favorite”

I walked into the bus with Pascal on my tail and he even sat next to me.

“She’s the girl I met in LA during the summer” I said.

His eyes widened and I looked at him. He knew I was talking with someone in LA because he was Pascal and he was nosey. My love life was the topic of many here in Pittsburgh.

“You slept with her”

I shushed him quietly and he grinned.

“Is she smart?”

I nodded and looked at him.

“Extremely, she’s an engineer” I said making him nod.

“What else?”

“She’s beautiful but I fucked up” I said.

He raised a thick eyebrow and leaned on the seat as the bus began moving.

“What do you mean?”

“She thought I was a business man, and I made her believe it” I said.

He smacked my arm.

“She knows I play hockey and she’s ok with it, but the last night in LA I told her I wasn’t seeking a relationship” I told him.

“Well are you?”

“After seeing her again, yes I am” I confessed making him look at me surprised.

I leaned back and looked at him.

“What do I do?” I asked him.

He smacked my arm again and I frowned at him.

“I can’t hit your head because you might get a concussion but I say tell her how you feel. Maybe she wanted a relationship”

I nodded and the bus ride was quiet. We got off the bus and I let out a deep breath as I looked around. I followed the crowd and I chuckled when I saw the hardhats with our numbers on them. I slipped mine and I heard light heel sounds making me turn around. There she was in slacks and a ruffled blouse, along with black heels. Her hair was up and out of her face and she wore a hard hat as well. She had her arms crossed with a clipboard tucked in her arms, and I noticed a guy was standing beside her.

“Good morning!”

She followed him quietly and I looked at her. She was pissed by the looks of it, and the guy showed us a video of how the practice facility would look like.

“Jovanna, give them the tour”

She bit her lip and smiled at us.

“Hello guys, I’m Joanna and if you guys can follow me please”

Pascal looked at me and I nodded slowly. He grinned and went ahead. I looked around and noticed the camera crew wasn’t taking shots. We went around the location and she stopped walking and turned to look at us.

“To my right you see what will be the ice rink”

“I got this”

Beau looked at the guy.

“She was speaking”

The guy went on to tell us what we already knew, the length of the rink and all. Joanna just let out a deep breath and rubbed her temple. Pascal got close to me and nodded.

“She’s pretty”

I nodded slowly and he made his way over to her. He tapped her shoulder making her turn. She offered him a smile and he said something to her making her nod and say something to him. She nodded and looked at the clipboard she had. She handed him the paper and a marker, which he used to write something on it. He left for a bit and Beau made his way over to her. He bumped into her lightly making her look at him. She smiled at him and moved away from him when her coworker mentioned her.

“If you guys have any questions you want to ask us you guys can do it now?”

Olli raised his hand and she smiled at him.

“First of all, hi”

She laughed and her coworker looked at her.

“Hi Olli”

Olli smiled at her.

“Will you be working hands on with the construction workers?”

The guy snorted and Joanna looked at him.

“Well Fernando here won’t because he’s not licensed for it and is an intern as well, but I will be working with the construction workers. I wasn’t here when the project was started but I have seen the prints and a visual of how it’s going to look and I’m going to say that we are on schedule”

Olli nodded and Fernando looked at her and rolled his eyes. She answered some questions and then her and the guy had to go. Beau stopped her and told her something to which she nodded and smiled at him. She the excused herself and I looked at Pascal who grinned at me.

“Sid! Did you see they’re making a bedroom for you here?”

I looked at him and he grinned. I rolled my eyes and looked around. She wasn’t here anymore, so I decided to go talk with the rest my teammates.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello guys! I just finished doing laundry and after a long day i am happy my roommate brought me some Angry Orchard to drink as I begin to Binge watch Netflix. It's been a long day and as much as i am ready for bed i still need to shower.
Tell me about your week, and also what you guys think about this chapter