Night Changes

Twelve

Sidney’s POV- Mid September 2014
I had coffee with Aria this morning and I did not like what she told me. She told me that Joanna had gone out two nights in a row with a guy. He was in his Thirties according to Aria, and he worked with Joanna. His name was Robert, and he would pick her up and drop her off late at night. He even stayed for dinner one night, Beau wouldn’t tell me anything on him and Olli knew nothing.

She obviously was moving on but then again I did say we were better off as friends. Now I was sitting in the locker room, in my spot staring at the ground. My leg was bobbing up and down as I tried to think of something. We hadn’t got a chance to get on the ice it was all dry exercise. No one really kept up with me; Jealousy was running through my veins.

I needed an excuse to see Joanna, any excuse honestly. Flower noticed my restlessness and he tapped me with his foot. I looked up and offered him a smile.

“You ok?”

I nodded and he hummed.

“Fine, don’t tell me”

I sighed and I waited until everyone left. He turned to me and smiled.

“Yes?”

“Remember Joanna?” I asked him.

He looked at me a little confused as he tried to remember.

“The one that showed us around. The blonde right?”

I nodded.

“Yea, I know her” I said.

He looked at me.

“How do you know an Engineer Sidney?”

I looked at him and he grinned.

“Look at you Sid”

I sighed and looked at him.

“We talked and got to know each other this summer and I never told her what I really did” I told her.

“What did she assume you did?”

“She thought I was a CEO or businessman of some kind” I said.

He nodded slowly and clicked his tongue.

“Continue”

“We slept with each other and I was going to ask her out but I freaked out and told her we should remain friends because I thought I was never going to see her again” I said.

He looked at me and nodded.

“Ok, so she lives in California? What’s she doing in Pittsburgh?”

“She got a job offering and the city practically told her who I was” I told him earning a laugh from him.

“Ok, wow you’re and idiot for basically making her think you only see her as a friend”

“She didn’t say anything” I defended myself.

“Most girls don’t Sidney! Think gosh”

I rolled my eyes.

“You married the only girl you dated” I told him.

“Well yea, but I know my wife real well”

He wiggled his eyebrows at me and then sat up straight.

“Tell her how you feel”

I looked at him and he smiled.

“Because she’s a beautiful girl who could easily get wooed by someone else”

I nodded at him and let out a deep breath as I slipped out my phone. I texted Joanna something and she responded right away. She also apologized for not responding but the reason she didn’t respond was because she was at work and had gotten home a while ago but didn’t know where her phone was.

Flower got my phone and texted her.

“Go”

I looked at him and he pushed me towards the door.

“Go!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy February all! I have a midterm tomorrow so i need to study for that. I leave you guys with this chapter though. Bye now