Night Changes

Eighteen

Sidney’s POV- September 2014
“I’m remember how she looks. Very pretty for you Sid”

I laughed and looked down at my phone that received a text from her. I pressed the button to let her in and Geno stood up.

“You stay here” I told him as I stood up.

He frowned and I made my way outside. By the time I made my way over to her she was making her way over to me. She wore a blue hoodie that said CAL on it and her hair was up in a bun. She had make up on considering she did have work today. She had lost weight but she had gained some since I had started dating her.

“I bring food”

I side hugged her and kissed her cheek as she handed me the Chipotle bag. She looked up at me and smiled after she kissed my jaw.

“You said one of them followed you so I brought him a burrito. I hope he likes Chicken”

I smiled down at her and pecked her lips. She smiled and wiped my mouth.

“Thanks” I told her as we walked inside.

I closed the door and she turned to me as she slipped off her shoes. With regular shoes she was pretty short. Not Lucy short who stood at 5’1 but shorter than me.

“How was conditioning?”

“It was well, how were your meetings?” I asked her as I made my way to the kitchen.

I followed her into the kitchen and I couldn’t help but glance down at her waist. The jeans she wore really brought out her waist. She might be small but it sure looked like she did squats quite often.

“I’m glad they’re over. We hired two new people. Jason and Andrea, although Andrea seems like a bitch”

I laughed and she smiled.

“It’s true, she was too damn cocky about her work and I don’t like that at all”

I nodded at her and I looked up when I heard a throat clear. Joanna turned around to see a Russian standing on the doorway with a stupid cocky smile on his lips.

“Sid take too long. Not patient”

She laughed and nodded slowly at him as she glanced at me. He made his way over to her and she smiled.

“You must be Geno right?”

He smiled and nodded over the fact she knew his name.

“Sid talk about me?”

She shook her head and I laughed when he frowned.

“No, Beau does”

He huffed lightly and looked at me.

“Sunshine is nicer, he passes puck”

I rolled my eyes a little and watched as he looked down at her. I cleared my throat and his eyes stopped roaming her body. She had slipped off her hoodie now to reveal a purple V-neck. You could see some of her cleavage and she seemed to notice that because as soon as she slipped off her hoodie she fixed her blouse. She did not seem to notice or care because she just smiled up at him

“You’re so tall”

He smiled at her and shook his head at her.

“Nah, you tiny and short like Sid”

She laughed and shrugged as he tapped her shoulder trying to see his boundaries. You see if she let him then he was going to hug her eventually.

“I guess”

“Let’s eat in the living room” I told them.

She nodded and grabbed the bag. Geno took the time to pull her closer to him and begin to lead her to the living room.

“Come on. we go while he gets cups”

She nodded at him and followed him to the living room. He then turned to her and smiled.

“You blind?”

She looked up at him and raised an eyebrow as they left the kitchen.

“No, why do you ask?”

“You like Sid”

She laughed like full on HAHahaha laughed. I laughed a little because she squeaked a little as she covered her mouth.

“I like you”

She laughed lightly and I made my way to the living room with the water pitcher and three cups.

“Where from?”

I noticed she was sitting on the floor across from Geno who was doing the same. I guess we were sitting on the floor and using the coffee table as a dinner table.

She began opening her burrito as she glanced at him.

“I’m from California”

He looked at her and smiled.

“Like sunshine”

She nodded.

“Yes, like Beau”

“You’re smart though”

She laughed and looked at him.

“What is that supposed to mean?”

He looked at her.

“Stereotype is blonde surfer”

She smiled.

“I am kinda both but no I’m not an airhead. At least I hope I’m not”
He laughed and nodded.

“Most people get offended”

She waved him off and laughed.

“I don’t. I like proving people wrong”

He smiled at her and nodded. She then looked up at him and smiled.

“You are really talented at Hockey. So I’m told, Beau was telling me you play on the same line from time to time”

He nodded as she got a tortilla chip and ate it.

“Yes, Lazy got traded though”

She looked at me.

“James Neal” I said.

She nodded slowly.

“That’s a shame”

He nodded.

“He’d be all over”

She raised an eyebrow.

“Eww”

He laughed and she bit her burrito.

“What’s name again?”

She took a sip of her water and looked at him.

“Joanna”

“Pretty name”

“I’ve never met an Evgeni”

He smiled.

“I’m special”

She nodded and looked at me.

“So, any stories you want to tell me that will make Sidney blush?”

“No” I said.

Joanna and Geno both looked at me and she smiled at me.

“No?”

Geno grinned at me and looked at Joanna.

“Yes, but he’s captain”

I laughed and Geno looked at her as he chewed his food.

“What makes you study engineering?”

She perked up a little.

“I was good at Math and Science. Why risk it?”

He nodded and smiled at her.

“You too pretty for Sidney”

She looked at me and smiled.

“Nah, he’s too pretty”

They both laughed and he looked at her.

“I didn’t think you were real”

I frowned and she started laughing. She covered her mouth as she continued laughing and Geno watched amused.

“I’m very real”

“How much he pay?”

She looked at him and smiled.

“Not much”

I rolled my eyes as he laughed.

“I’m kidding. When you get passed these weird superstitions he has he’s actually pretty normal”

I laughed and she smiled at me. She rubbed my bicep and went back to eating her burrito.

“I like”

He nodded at me and smiled. I just nodded and Joanna laughed a little.

“What’s last name?”

“Martinez”

He looked at her.

“Speak Spanish?”

She nodded at him and he grinned.

“Say something”

“What do you want me to say?”

He looked at her and then smiled.

“Sid is an idiot”

I frowned and she laughed.

“Something else”

He hummed and smiled.

“I don’t know anything”

She hummed and looked at me and then at Geno.

“Ok, Estoy cenando con dos hombres guapos”

I raised an eyebrow and Geno smiled.

“What’s that mean?”

“I’m eating dinner with two handsome men”

I felt my cheeks begin to heat up and she laughed a little as Geno grinned.

“I like you”

She high fived him and looked at me.

“You said he was going to be protective”

Geno grinned.

“I can be”

She smiled at him and clapped her hands.

“Ask away”

He began asking her questions like her birthday, age, if she was really a blonde, plastic surgery because he claimed they weren’t real. She just laughed and told him that her girls were very much real. She looked at her watch and looked up at me after we had chosen to clean up and sit on the couch to talk. She was tucked under my arm and in my side.

“I should get going because I promised Ari a movie night”

I nodded and she stood up. I stood up as did Geno and she turned to him.

“It was nice to meet you Evgeni”

“Call Geno”

She smiled.

“I like your name though”

He laughed and pulled her into a hug. I flinched as I heard her bones crack at how hard he squeezed her.

“Sorry”

She laughed and smiled up at him.

“It’s ok, it felt good”

He laughed and she turned to me.

“Walk her out…I wait here”

I nodded at Geno and followed Joanna to the front door. She slipped on her shoes and looked up at me.

“I’ll text you when I get there”

I nodded and kissed her cheek. She kissed the tip of my mouth and smiled.

“Dinner was nice”

“Good, he has no filter so sorry about that” I said.

She laughed.

“I don’t think any of them do. Olli and Beau certainly don’t”

I laughed and nodded.

“Well…bye”

I nodded and hugged her. She pulled away and made her way over to her car. She turned on the car and I heard Sam Smith’s I’m not the only one playing. She slipped on her seatbelt and I opened the gate. She pulled out of my house and I closed the gate. She drove away and I made my way inside.

Geno smiled at me and nodded.

“I approve”

“I needed your approval?” I asked him.

He smiled and nodded.

“I like her…marry her”

I laughed and looked at Geno.

“Baby steps” I told her.

He shrugged and with a serious face he looked at me and said,

“Fine…have babies with her”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello guys! My midterm was pretty hard but you know what's done is done and now i have other things to worry about. Like my two essays due on Sunday and Tuesday. It is already week 6 and i bought my ticket to go home for Spring break and I'm so excited because i miss home so much!

Well enough about that. Tell me what you guys thought! I know i told myself and you guys i was going to respond to some of your comments but school has kept me away. I acknowledge them and i want to thank you guys for commenting on this story.

Bye!!!! I need to go eat dinner now.