Night Changes

Twenty Two

Sidney’s POV- Late September 2014
I got out of bed and let out a deep breath as I rubbed my face. The sleeping pill Joanna had given me last night really worked and really well. I stretched letting my body relax and I opened the bedroom door. I heard light chatter as I opened the door from two people. I quietly made my way down the hall and stopped when I saw Joanna on the phone. She was lying down on the floor and her phone was next to her head. She was just staring at the ceiling as she talked on the phone. Next to her was a stack paper with sketches on them. There was also an eraser and a pencil next to this said stack. Next to the stack was a cup of what looked to be coffee and her phone was on speaker. A person with an accent spoke up.

“The weather is so bad for my hair though! Make it stop Jo!”

She laughed and smiled a little leaning against the wall.

“I’m glad you have your life set straight Gen”

There was a light pause before the accent spoke up again.

“Har Har, I miss your blondeness. It’s not the same here in SF. I miss my American best friend!”

Joanna smiled a little and looked at her hands.

“I Miss my Aussie best friend too, I miss your green eyes boo”

So this person was her best friend, Genevieve.

“You have the whole apartment to yourself, and a beautiful view of San Fran. Why on earth are you complaining about?”

“We’ve both been super busy that we haven’t caught up. Apparently you and the hot Canadian met again and well he’s a hockey player? I searched his name on Google right now….he’s fuuuuuuhhhhhh-iiiiiinnnnneeee”

I smiled as Joanna sat up and rubbed her face. Her back was turned to me so I don’t think she could see me.

“Why on earth would you Google him!”

There was a light pause and a hum.

“Cause I wanted to see a picture since uhh you refuse to show me one?”

Joanna nodded slowly and lied back down. She then twirled her hair on her finger and smiled up at the ceiling.

“So…what do you think about him?”

A sigh was let out and it was followed by a giggle.

“Good lord he is gorgeous. Not to tall, not to short…those eyes! Can you find me one?”

They laughed and I smiled a little.

“Is he treating you well?”

“Yea, I’m actually at his place right now”

“Oooh, were you naked before I called then?”

Joanna laughed.

“No, that was you”

They laughed and Joanna sighed.

“What is up with you and nudity Gen?”

“It’s good to sleep naked”

They laughed and Joanna coughed a little.

“Is he nice to you?”

“Very nice, a total gentleman”

“Lucky bitch”

Joanna laughed and I walked into the living room. She turned and smiled at me slowly.

“Well he is up, so I’ll let you get back to your regular life without little old me”

Laughter was heard.

“Hi!”

I laughed lightly and looked at Joanna.

“Hi” I said slowly.

“He sounds gorgeous, well ill let you guys go. Have fun, not to much”

Joanna rolled her eyes.

“Bye”

She hung up and looked up at me.

“Sleep well?”

I nodded at her and looked at the stack of paper.

“Just doing some sketches for the bakery/restaurant”

I nodded at her and looked at it.

“What am I looking at?” I asked.

She looked down at the paper and moved it around.

“Well I’ve done a few. This is a side view”

I nodded slowly and looked at it.

“This is the bakery sketch. All glass”

“That’s cool” I told her.

She nodded and I cleared my throat.

“So will you be here for Thanksgiving?” I asked her.

She looked at me.

“I don’t know because I do have the week off. I might go back home for Thanksgiving since I wont be home for the holidays”

I nodded slowly and smiled.

“My parents want to meet you” I told her.

She looked at me and nodded slowly.

“Yea, about that”

I raised an eyebrow and she took the time to get the coffee mug and take a drink from it.

“We’re just dating”

She said it slowly and I nodded at her.

“I know, I was going to ask you to be my girlfriend tonight over dinner” I said.

She looked at me and frowned.

“You’re not supposed to tell me!”

“I’m sorry?” I told her.

She laughed and smiled at me. I cleared my throat and she giggled lightly.

“So, what do you say?” I asked.

She looked at me and let out a deep breath.

“Sit down”

She patted a spot next to her on the floor. I sat next to her and she turned to me.

“You’re kinda big…everywhere apparently”

I nodded at her and she looked at me.

“I’m sure when people find out…I will be harassed”

I nodded slowly.

“And I can handle that. I can but I need to tell you that I have a few skeletons in my closet”

I looked at her as she paused.

“I haven’t killed a man…yet”

I smiled and she grabbed my hands.

“But, there are a few pictures that I regret taking. I thought only 2 people had them but someone found them. I was 19, and one of my close friends used me as his model”

I looked at her and she squeezed my hands.

“I’m not fully naked but”

I shrugged and she looked at me.

“Can I see them?” I asked her.

She laughed and shook her head.

“Noooo”

I pouted at her and she shook her head.

“I’m sorry, your cute pout won’t get you anywhere near those photographs”

I pulled her down with me and she laughed as she settled in my arms.

“Is that all?” I asked.

She looked at me.

“I’m a serious person but I admit to partying and going hard when I was in college. There are no pictures thank god but you know it is a past I have”

“Well you got through school so you obviously did something right” I told her making her laugh.

“I guess, the pictures. I uh fired that intern because of them. He put them all over my office and if a guy like him got them like nothing then anyone has access to them”

I nodded slowly.

“I talked with the photographer and he’s handling it. He’s like my bestfriend and he’s very embarrassed that they came out like that”

She looked at me and I kissed her forehead.

“Trust me when I say that I’ve done much worse” I said.

She raised an eyebrow and I smiled.

“Aria never told you how I met her?” I asked.

She shook her head.

“No”

“I blacked out in the parking lot of her bar” I said.

She looked at me and I smiled.

“I have a pretty personal life” I said.

She nodded slowly.

“How drunk were you?”

I laughed.

“Very drunk, I woke up and thought I had been kidnapped” I said.

She laughed.

“It never came out cause my PR made sure it didn’t. I’ll talk with them” I told her making her nod against my shoulder.

“I’ll talk with my parents and see if I can stay here for Thanksgiving”

I smiled and she kissed my cheek.

“So, what are we doing tonight?”

I grinned at her as she looked down at me.

“I’m not going to tell you, just be prepared to be surprised” I told her.

She nodded slowly.

“Very well”

She pecked my lips.

“Just so you know I’m leaving like at 3”

I nodded.

“But first lets eat something”

She got off of me and made her way to the kitchen.

“Oh thank god you actually have food in here”

“It was once” I argued to her as I followed her in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Presidents day to my American readers and happy Monday to my non american readers. I spent 8 hours at the library today...I willingly sat there and did most of my homework and readings. Who watches Agent Carter? If you don't you guys should totally check it out and if you do then you should talk about it with me. :D

Tell me what you guys think about the chapter!