I Hate Everything About You

I

"Vic, did you hear anything I just said?" Scott asked even though he knew the answer. I glanced up from the book I was reading to see my best friend frowning at me.

"Something about your wolf problems," I shrugged since I didn't really care. The only reason he was even telling me was because Stiles hadn't joined us at the lunch table yet.

"But what if Stiles is right," he began talking again. "What if..." I rolled my eyes before returning my attention back to the book.

Since Scott was bit, his life mostly revolved around being a werewolf and a new girl, Allison. I didn't care for the drama it came with, so he usually would figure things out with his other best friend, Stiles. Unlike Stiles, who was quite fascinated, I didn't really know much about being a werewolf nor did I care to learn. I never could understand why Scott even brought it up to me when he knew this.

"Vic," he groaned, realizing that I was no longer listening to him. I let out a sigh before folding the top corner of the page to mark where I left off before closing the book and placing it down on the table.

"Scott, I really don't know what to tell you. Stiles knows all about this, not me. Not to be mean because I love you and you are my best friend, but I seriously don't want involved," I sighed as I tried to explain this to Scott for the millionth time. I saw Stiles coming towards the table, so I began grabbing my stuff. "I'll see ya later, yeah?" He nodded just as Stiles joined. I mumbled a quick 'hey' and 'bye' to Stiles before heading to my next class.

-

The last few hours of school quickly went by as I met up with Scott and Stiles right outside the school's entrance. "Can you give me a lift home?" I asked Stiles since I wasn't in the mood to ride the bus or walk. He gave me a smile before saying his goodbyes to Scott.

"So," Stiles said as he quickly glanced over at me, trying his best to break the silence between us. "In a rush to get home? If so I can go over the speed limit. My dad wouldn't be too happy if he found out, but I wouldn't get in too much trouble."

"I just have a headache and the bus is too noisy. I'm also not in the mood to walk," I told him before getting in his jeep.

"Sorry." He gave me an apologetic smile after realizing that his talking wasn't exactly helping.

I knew he probably thought I hated him, but the truth was that I didn't. He may get a little annoying at times, but he was also quite smart and funny which was something I liked about him. I was more of a loner, which was how I became friends with Scott and him in the first place. After being held back a grade, I first met Scott in English a couple years ago. I was just a broken girl who cut herself off from the world. I stayed to myself and nobody would attempt to talk to me until I was paired up with Scott for a project. We became quick friends and he introduced me to his best friend, Stiles. I soon learned that he was quite talkative and he would sometimes drive me crazy. He was so full of energy and life that it reminded me how I once was. Stiles was usually with Scott, so I got used to him fast. However, I didn't connect with him like I did Scott which was why he was considered my best friend. There was also the fact that Stiles' dad was the sheriff and I didn't trust him completely like I did with Scott. Only Scott knew about my past.

As Stiles began to leave the parking lot, a man walked out in front of him before collapsing in the middle of the road. I stared in shock as Stiles got out and Scott came running over. I had only seen a glimpse of his face, but it seemed so familiar. I tried digging in my head to figure out why he looked familiar which only caused my head to ache worse.

"Um, could you move to the back seat?" Scott asked as he opened the passenger door, breaking me from my thoughts altogether. I quickly moved to the back, noticing the line of vehicles behind us honking their horns.

The stranger was helped into the passenger seat before Stiles got back in the driver's seat. I stared curiously at the guy even though all I saw was the back of his head. "Uh, Stiles?" I spoke, cocking my head to the side some. "Who is he exactly? And where are we going? My house is in the opposite direction," I told him after he turned.

"Sorry, Vic. That's Derek," he answered before telling Derek who I was. He said something else but the realization hit me as to who this Derek was.

"Derek Hale?" I barely even whispered, yet he seemed to have heard me since he tensed up a little. I was bit shocked as I stared at the back of his head. This was Derek Hale, the boy I had a crush on as a kid until he just disappeared.

"Victoria!" Stiles half shouted getting my attention. My blue eyes met his brown ones in the rear view mirror. "Do you want me to stop and let you out or no? I know you really don't..." he began to ramble so I cut him off.

"No, it's fine," I sighed, wondering why I was going to have any part with what was going on. I told myself I would stay out of the werewolf mess, and I had a gut feeling this was part of it. Of course the only reason I wanted to now was of Derek. Thankfully Stiles didn't question my sudden change in actually wanting any part of this.

Stiles kept glancing over at Derek with a worried look, so I followed his gaze to Derek's arm. Leaning forward I noticed the blood coming from a wound on his arm. My eyes widened as I glanced up to his face, meeting his eyes for the first time. "What happened to you?" I quickly rushed out.

"He got shot!" Stiles answered for him before taking another look at him and cursing under his breath.

"Then why aren't we taking him to the hospital?" I asked Stiles as if Derek wasn't in the Jeep with us. Usually when people got shot they went to the hospital... unless he wasn't your average person.

"Uh, because, uh, he hates hospital," Stiles lied, very badly I might add. I slightly shook my head at Stiles, letting him know that I didn't believe him.

"He's like Scott, isn't he?" Derek grumbled something, but I ignored him since it probably had to do with the fact we were talking about him right in front of him.

"Uh, possibly."

"Stiles, you are a horrible liar. I'm not stupid. I can figure things out," I frowned.

"I thought she didn't know about Scott?" Derek asked, speaking for the first time. I was a bit taken aback since I didn't think he knew who I was.

"She knows about werewolves. She just doesn't get involved," Stiles answered before taking a glance back at me. "Are you sure you don't want me to drop you off? You said you had a headache, and I know you don't want involved."

"I'm fine, Stiles. And you guys talk about me to people I don't even know?!" Of course I knew who Derek was now, but how many other werewolves possibly knew I was friends with Scott. I began to question if being his friend was putting me in any danger.

"You may have been mentioned before." I decided to drop the subject.

I sat back in the seat and closed my eyes. A part of me still wanted to go home and sleep my headache away. The other part of me wanted to be involved and know more about Derek, especially since he was a werewolf.

"Hey, try not to bleed on my seat, okay? We're almost there," Stiles spoke after a few moments of silence.

"Almost where?" Derek asked.

"Your house."

I opened my eyes and glanced out the window. Now I understood why we went this way. Then again I didn't since I remember hearing about the Hale residence burning down with people inside. Last time I checked it was barely standing and wasn't exactly livable.

"What? No, you can't take me there."

"I can't take you to your own house?" Stiles seemed slightly confused by that.

"Not when I can't protect myself."

"All right. What happens if Scott doesn't find your little magic bullet? Hmm? Are you dying?" This caught my attention. What bullet was he talking about? Not once did I hear anyone mention a bullet.

"What bullet?" I questioned, getting ignored by both of them.

"Not yet. I have a last resort," Derek told him.

"What do you mean? What last resort? Oh, my God. What is that? Oh, is that contagious? You know what, you should probably just get out. Don't you think so, Vic?" Stiles took a quick glance at me as I leaned forward and took a glance at Derek's arm. I made a look of disgust before glancing away while Derek told Stiles to start the car.

"I don't think you should be barking orders with the way you look, okay? In fact, I think if I wanted to, I could probably drag your little werewolf ass out into the middle of the road and leave you for dead."

"Stiles!" I shot him a glare that he ignored. I could tell he didn't like Derek much, but now he was being plain mean.

Derek managed to scare Stiles into starting the car. Even though the threat wasn't even to me it had me scared. I didn't know what Derek was capable of. Take away the fact that I now knew he was a werewolf, and he still seemed like a guy who was true to his word on killing you.

After a few minutes of awkward silence, I ask about the bullet again, this time being heard.

"Derek was shot by a special kind of bullet. Scott is at Allison's searching for it. If Scott doesn't find it, Derek dies," Stiles told me.

"Do I even want to know how Allison plays into this?" I asked before sighing.

"Probably not," Stiles admitted. I took that as my cue to not even ask. This was already getting complicated enough.

-

After driving around for awhile, Stiles decided to call Scott. "What am I supposed to do with him?" Stiles asked as soon as Scott answered the phone.

I was laying down across the backseat listening to him talk to Scott until Derek began talking too. Nothing said caught my attention until Derek mentioned an Alpha. The Alpha wasn't something I knew much of, but have heard Scott and Stiles talk about over the past couple of weeks.

My phone began vibrating in my pocket, so I sat up before answering it since it was my mother. "Where are you at, Victoria?" her voice boomed from the other line. Usually she didn't care where I was, but then again I was usually at home being the loser I am.

"Does it matter?" I asked, getting annoyed at the fact that this is the time she chooses to question my whereabouts. Since dad left, she has barely gave a fuck that I even existed. She should be happy I was actually not home for once!

She began to scold me over the phone, so I ended the call. I wasn't going to deal with her right now. I knew by the time I got home she would be working her second job at the gas station, so I probably wouldn't even see her until tomorrow evening. And that all together was a big 'if'.

-

While Stiles got the spare key, I helped Derek to the door. Once inside, he refused my help so I went and sat down in one of the chairs as they tried to figure out what to do next. I didn't reenter the conversation until Derek mentioned his last resort - cutting off his arm.

"You can't cut your arm off! Are you insane?" I asked him as he glanced over at me as if he just remembered I existed.

"It's the only chance I have at surviving," Derek answered.

I got up and went to stand next to Stiles. I glanced at Derek's arms tracing the dark veins going up with my eyes. Even though it did look horrible, there was no way he was serious about this.

"If you can't do it, she will," Derek said, causing me to glance up at him. If Stiles doesn't think he can do it, why would he think I could?

"No way! I'm with Stiles on this."

"Why not?" he asked us both.

"Well, because of the cutting through the flesh, the sawing of the bone, and especially the blood!" Stiles answered his question.

"You faint at the sight of blood?" Derek asked him.

"No, but I might at the sight of a chopped off arm!" This time I agreed with Stiles.

I took my phone out of my pocket sending a quick text to Scott telling him to hurry his ass up. I did not want to be the one cutting off his arm, nor did I want to see the end results. I also didn't want to see Derek cut off Stiles' head since that was his latest threat. Scott needed to get here quick before one of these guys killed the other. If there was anything else I did not want to do tonight, it was being a witness to a murder.

Scott sent a text saying his was almost there, so I went to meet him outside since Derek was now puking black blood and trying to make Stiles cut his arm off. Needless to say, what appetite I had was now completely gone.

"Thank God you are here!" I said to Scott as I met him just as I opened the door. He quickly went into the other room getting Stiles' attention before asking him what he was doing.

"Oh, you just prevented a lifetime of nightmares," Stiles answered, being quite relieved that Scott was here.

I stood near the wall since I didn't know what to do to help. It's always been just Scott and Stiles figuring out this werewolf stuff. I haven't even seen Scott change into a werewolf, but took his and Stiles word of it, especially after seeing the changes in Scott. He was much better an lacrosse and no longer used his inhaler which meant that something definitely happened to him.

My eyes widened as Derek fainted, dropping the badly needed bullet into a hole in the floor. Scott went after the bullet as I went over to Derek's side with Stiles. Stiles and Scott kept talking as Stiles and I both tried to wake him.

"I think he's dying. I think he's dead!" Stile was beginning to freak out.

"No, he's not!" I told Stiles, surprising myself a bit. I could only hope he wasn't dead. I just found him, and actually wanted to know him better this time, even if he is a werewolf.

I was relieved when Stiles hit him hard and he woke up as well as Scott retrieving the bullet. We helped him up and Scott gave him the bullet. He dumps the wolfsbane out before burning it and rubbing the ashes into his wound. I watched helplessly as he yelled out in pain. Almost instantly the wound began to heal and within in seconds had completely healed. It was like magic right before my eyes.

"That... Was... Awesome! Yes!" I lifted a brow at Stiles' enthusiasm. He went from hating Derek, to not wanting him to die, and now happy from seeing how Derek just survived with both of his arms.

"Are you okay?" Scott asked, getting a sarcastic answer in return.

"I'm guessing the ability to use sarcasm is a good sign of health," Stiles stated.

Scott began telling Derek that he was going to leave us alone since we saved his life. "And if you don't, I'm gonna go back to Allison's dad, and I'm gonna tell him everything..."

"You're gonna trust them? You think they can help you?" Derek questioned. I once again felt left out. All I knew was Scott had to find the bullet at Allison's, and what I could gather, her family must know about werewolves.

-

I was back in Stiles' jeep not even five minutes later. Scott went with Derek because he wanted to show him how nice the Argents really were. I went with Stiles since I had enough dealing with werewolves for one night.

"So, do you still plan on staying out of the werewolf business after what you witnessed tonight?" Stiles asked me as we drove back into town.

"Yes and no. If Scott is really in danger, I want to do whatever I can to help him," I answered, leaning my head against the window.

"Hungry?"

"Fuck no. I lost my appetite about an hour ago when Derek threw up. That was gross." That earned a chuckle from Stiles.

"Just imagine how gross it would have been if I cut off his arm!" I cracked a smile before shaking my head.

"If there is another time where werewolf limbs may have to be cut off, I want no part in it!" We both laughed this time after he agreed.
♠ ♠ ♠
This will slightly follow the story line. There will be at least 10 chapters, and at most 20.