Status: New! Updating when I can. c:

Tattoos and Trust Issues

Catching Up

“Welcome to Black Star Ink, what can I help you guys with today?”

The phrase was familiar. Zacky had been in this particular parlor a few times with Matt, and each time a different person would recite the words, ”welcome to Black Star Ink…”, and then ask a series of questions afterwards. He observed the Hollywood-esque girl standing behind the counter, her long blonde locks falling in gentle curls around her shoulders. Though she was attractive, she had a high pitched voice that gave Zacky a headache.

"Is Issy here by any chance?" Matt questioned, standing rather awkwardly. It was obvious that Matt wasn't any more familiar with the girl behind the desk than Zacky was.

"Are you talking about Issa?"

"Yeah, sorry. Is she working today?"

Before the girl could answer, the glass doors behind them opened, and a familiar voice reached Matt’s ears.

"I have cookies from Subway because I’m the greatest coworker in the univ—ohmygod! Matt!" Issa hurriedly put the cookies on the desk, and threw her arms around Matt’s neck.

A grin spread across Matt’s face, and he hugged her small body tightly against his. If there was one thing he missed most about Issy, it was definitely her hugs. Her small stature made him feel like he needed to protect her, and she always gripped onto him so tight that you’d think she wouldn't ever see him again. She smelled strongly of strawberries, and her skin was warm from the California sun.

"Dude! How've you been? Are we tatt'ing it up today?" She took her dark sunglasses off, and pushed her deep auburn hair out of her face. She and Matt both turned and walked over to one of the tattoo stations, Zacky trailing behind.

"Yeah, I've got an entire chest piece planned. Prepared for that?" Matt teased, laughing softly. He knew that an entire chest piece would be easy for her. The girl had been doing Matt’s tattoos since he was sixteen. At the time she was only fourteen, but she had a way with that needle of hers.

"You’re damn right I am. You know, you’re the only one in the gang that I haven’t penetrated. When is it your turn, Zacky?" Issa teased, a smirk on her lips. It wasn't the first time that she had decided to make a sexual remark to him. Issa had always found Zacky extremely attractive, and she wasn't afraid to make that point evident. She highly doubted he liked her at all though, what with his ex-
barbie-girlfriends and all.

Zacky chuckled softly. “Maybe one day,” he answered, his voice gruff.

Matt had sensed the awkwardness, and decided to change the subject. “How've you been, Iss? You look amazing, Michelle would freak out about your hair though,” he said, still grinning. He ruffed her long, wavy unnatural auburn hair and laughed.

"Yeah, I decided to do something different this time. I’m going back to the original color later though. Getting kinda bored with it," she replied. "How’s Val? And Le? I haven’t talked to her in forever! Ugh, I miss you guys so much." She stuck her bottom lip out childishly.

"We’re actually having a little get together later, wanna come?" Matt asked, glancing at Zacky. There wasn't actually anything planned for tonight, but Matt knew that everyone would cancel their plans in a heartbeat. Everyone had a soft spot for Issy—all but Zacky.

"Yeah, I’d love to! I get off at four, want me to just swing by your place after work?" She asked, grabbing the materials she would need to draw a sketch.

Matt nodded. “Sounds good. You can invite Beth if you want,” he added.

"She’s actually in Paris for the week, some big fashion show Saturday. Alright, so give me all the details. Which level of hell are you going to put me through for this piece?"

Matt laughed before they got into the gory details of his chest piece. Within fifteen minutes, she had an entire sketch drawn out and had deducted that it would take three sessions, four at the most. She had begun to draw out the stencil, and decided to get caught up on their lives, what she hadn't heard from the tabloids, at least.

"So, are you and Val still going strong?"

He nodded, a playful smile on his face. “Yeah, married ten years now. Michelle and Brian have had a few rocky patches lately, but they’re still golden. Jimmy and Leanna are still disgustingly cute, and Johnny’s still with Lacey,” he stated, not mentioning how Zacky and Gena had just gotten divorced. Matt was pretty sure that Issy already knew, and there was no sense in bringing it up.

"Man, ten years? You’re getting old, Matt," she teased, laughing softly. "I’ll be needing to get you life insurance for Christmas," she pressed.

Matt shook his head and laughed. “Watch it, Faun,” he warned playfully.

Issy put the stencil on Matt’s chest, and he walked over to the mirror in order to examine it. An awkward silence lingered between Zacky and Issy, and it irritated her that it was this way.

In high school, Zacky and Issy had had a small fling. They were best friends for the longest time, and it eventually escalated into something more for her. Zacky was her first kiss, her first real crush. But he constantly had other girls - better girls - who wanted to be with him. And Issy was always the second choice. Once she finally moved on, everything became extremely awkward between the two of them. It wasn't that they didn't like each other, because they both cared for one another immensely, but it was just extremely strange to be in the other’s presence.

“You don’t mind me crashing your little party at Matt’s place, do you?” Issa questioned, getting the ink ready as she waited for Matt’s return.

Zacky shrugged. “It’s fine. Leana still brings you up all the time,” he said, a small smile on his face.

“Does she? I've spoken to her a few times on Facebook and stuff but that’s as far as it’s ever gone. I miss our little crew,” she replied, a small laugh falling from her lips.

“Yeah,” he agreed, “I miss it too.”

Matt came back then. “It looks great, Iss. Let’s get the pain done and over with.” He sighed, and ran his hand down his face.

“Oh, stop being a bitch. It’s not even that bad,” she teased, a genuine grin on her face. She really had missed Matt. He was like the older brother that would have kicked someone’s ass for messing with her without thinking twice about it. Protective, that’s what he was.

He laughed. “Says you! You've only gotten one tattoo, and it’s as small as my pinky finger, you've got no room to talk,” he retorted, shaking his head.

“Shut up and breathe from your stomach instead of your chest you dumbo.” She giggled softly and began the outline of his tattoo.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story! Hope you enjoy it. c:
(Can't bother making a clothing set for this chapter. I've got school tomorrow. But, the next time I update, I promise that there'll be one. :p)