Status: New! Updating when I can. c:

Tattoos and Trust Issues

Never Even Happened

Saturday came a lot faster than Issy had thought it would. She had deducted that it was because, every day this week, she had gone over to Matt’s or Jimmy’s, and if she wasn't there, Leana was with her. She even stopped in during her work shifts to keep her company, it was definitely a nice change.

But this, this was undoubtedly the best part of her week. Finally getting to squeeze Beth in her arms again was the best feeling ever. It felt like things were finally complete again, everything could finally go back the the way it had been in high school.

"I've been sitting on a plane for what seems like forever. Can we start the day off with walking around the mall? It would do my legs a world of good," Beth questioned, groaning. For someone who traveled a lot, she really did hate flying.

"Of course we can. C'mon, I'll drive," Issy said, a grin on her face. 'Walking around the mall' meant being a doll, and trying on anything that Beth asked her to. But it was never irritating in the slightest, it was unbelievably enjoyable. And whenever Beth chose her clothes, Issy's self confidence went through the roof. Beth just had a sixth sense for fashion. She always had, ever since the third grade.

Beth and Issy both met in grade school. During high school, Beth had already made friends with the guys before Issy started her freshman year. Everyone used to pick on Issy for being the youngest, but they all still loved her anyways. The closest friends, though, had always been Beth and Issy. They were always with each other. And, when they were apart, they were texting constantly.

Though Beth had gone through plenty of phases, she always carried that bit of punk rock around with her. She was a short girl, with long blonde hair that she constantly had styled a different way. Her eyes were a striking green, and her cheekbones could have been crafted by god himself. She was absolutely gorgeous. Ever since she was young, she had dreamed of designing extravagant dresses that would be sold in France and New York, dresses that people would have killed to have. And she was definitely living that dream. Her clothing had been featured in Vogue countless times. Beth knew of her talents, and she used them to her ability. However, she enjoyed traveling all over the world even less than Issy did. She hated it. She hated leaving her best friend, knowing that she constantly felt sad and alone while she was away. She hated never being able to maintain any other type of friendships because she was constantly busy with everything else. She hadn't had an actual relationship in almost two years. Her dream was sometimes suffocating. But, this way, neither Beth nor Issy ever had to worry about financial problems like that had when Beth first began pursuing her dream. It kept them both afloat. And that was reason enough to keep going.

While they two girls had begun to look around all of the clothing stores, Leana sent Issy a text message.

From: Leana
To: Issa
Txt: hey! Tell Beth I said hello. You 2 wanna go see the new Transformers movie w/ the gang at 8?


"Leana says hi, and wants to know if we want to go see Transformers at eight. If we get you a coffee or something, you think you could fight off sleep until we get home?" Issy asked, hitting Compose a message... as she waited for Beth to make a decision.

"Bleh. Yeah, I better do that. Otherwise I'm gonna have the worst sleep schedule known to mankind," she muttered.

"Alright, Transformers it is then. We still have an hour to kill though, wanna go get something to eat?"

"I always want to get something to eat, c'mon now," Beth teased, laughing. "Chop Shop for a salado?"

"TO THE CHOP SHOP!" Issy declared, giggling softly. As they walked to the car, she typed out a quick reply to Leana.

To: Leana
From: Issy
Re: we're on board. Gonna get a salad real quick, then probably head over to your place. See you at 8!


They sang along to Taylor Swift in the car, both giggling in between verses and making expressions at each other. Issy loved days like this. She loved knowing that her best friend was in reach, and not a thousand miles away. Things couldn't get any better for her. Now that Beth was back home, Issy couldn't have imagined herself any happier.

Once they had finally gotten to the Chop Shop and ordered their food, they sat down and began to eat.

"So, I have an interesting question for you," Beth started, a smirk on her lips.

"Uh oh. You didn't kill anyone, did you? Beth, when I said that I would hide a body for you, it was a metaphor."

Laughing, Beth shook her head. "No, no! It's not that bad," she chuckled again. "I actually have another show in two weeks, in Spain, and there's this dress that I've ma—"

Issy cut her off. "No, I've already answered this question a thousand times. I have such an awkward body, you know that. I don't belong on a runway," she said, shrugging. Issy knew that she was beautiful. But her body wasn't proportional. She was a little bit chubby, she was too short, and walked like she had two left feet. None of these things bothered her, but she just knew that she didn't belong with a bunch of Victoria's Secret models.

"Oh, come on! Iss, it's literally the perfect dress for you! And it's my favorite thing that I've ever made, I don't want anyone else to where it. Please? Please, please, please! You get to spend a week in Barcelona with me! You've always wanted to go to Barcelona," she attempted to convince her.

"I don't fit in there, though. What if everyone hates me?"

Beth scrunched up her nose and shook her head. "What? Clairissa Faun, you never cease to amaze me. They'll love you. They will, I swear it on my life," she promised, taking a sip of her tea. "You still have two weeks to think it over, so don't stress yourself out. But consider it, okay? I really would love it if you were there with me."

Issy sighed. "I'll think about it," she gave in.

Image


Everyone greeted Beth with the same exact enthusiasm that they had greeted Issy with. Beth and Michelle both talked ecstatically about Paris while everyone goofed around in Jimmy’s living room, trying to find a way to kill time so they would't be sitting in the theater for fifteen minutes before the movie started.

Issy, Leana, and Jimmy were all sat on the love-seat. Issy leaned against Leana, with her feet propped up on Jimmy’s lap.

Issy looked up at Leana, and grinned. “Are you ready for some Shia LeBeouf action?”

Leana laughed. “Of course I am! Who wouldn't be?”

“I’m up for some Shia too,” Jimmy interrupted, reaching over and suddenly tickling Issy’s sides.

Without meaning to, she instinctively moved her legs so it would be easier to defend herself, and accidentally kneed Jimmy in the jaw. He stopped tickling her, and laughed at her stunned expression.

“Ohmygod, I’m so sorry! I didn't mean to!” She said, covering her mouth to keep from laughing. “Are you okay?”

He cupped his jaw, but nodded. “I’m fine, you’re lucky you’re small. But your face, that was priceless!”

Issa shook her head, and stood up. “I’ll go get you some ice,” she said, walking into the kitchen. All of the laughter slowly faded out, and the kitchen seemed strangely quiet. Well, until footsteps could be heard.

“Hey, need some help?” Zacky’s voice was immediately recognizable.

Issy tried her hardest not to let it get to her. His voice was like silk. No, Issa. No, no, no. It’s been five years. You shouldn't still notice these things. She turned and gave him a small smile. “I think I’ve got it. Thanks, though.”

He leaned against the counter, his arms crossed over his broad chest. He wore a Misfits shirt, and dark washed jeans that fit him perfectly. He watched as Issy’s hands meticulously wrapped up the ice pack in a towel. “So, now that you’re hanging out again, I feel like we should get over this awkward stage. I missed you just as much as they di-”

“Stop right there. I don’t want to hear it. Don’t tell me that you missed me, okay? Just, don’t. We can be friends. We can pretend like nothing even happened, if that’s what you want. But don’t say things like that,” she warned. She knew that Zacky had missed her. She had missed him as well. But hearing him say it out loud brought back too many memories. And, if she was being honest, she didn't think that they could ever get over this awkward stage. But it was still worth a try.

“I don’t want to pretend like nothing happened. Because a lot happened. I don’t want to erase those times we had together, I loved them. Let’s just go back to being friends, alright? Will that work?” Seeing her standing there, in tight jeans that showed off all of her assets, it pained him to say that. But ultimately, he knew that it was for the best. No one wanted conflict.

Issa rolled her eyes. “Friends don’t check each other out,” she retorted, grabbing the ice and walking past him. It almost infuriated her when he grabbed her wrist, disabling her the option to walk away, but it wasn't surprising in the slightest.

“Look, I know that I hurt you. I’m probably worse than an ex because I’m not even an ex. But, you have to understand that I was young and dumb and now things are different. Can’t we just start with a clean slate?”

“Clean slate? Are you kidding me? You’re so ignorant! I destroyed myself over you, Zack. And you want to start with a clean slate? I’m sorry, but no. It’s one thing to ignore that it happened, but I’m not forgiving you for it. I physically can’t do that,” Issa shot back, glaring at him. Sometimes he was such a guy.

Zacky sighed, and ran his hand through his hair. “Fine, no clean slate then. Let’s ignore that it happened. Everyone’s going to catch on to the fact that you hate me and it’ll cause unwanted tension,” he said. He genuinely did feel terrible for what he had done to the girl. But, again, he couldn't change things. He just had to do what he could with what he had.

Issa thought for a moment. He was right, no one needed or wanted the tension that would have been created. So, she gave in. “Alright, fine. And I don’t hate you, Zacky. I've never hated you.”

“Forget the ice, the movie starts in ten minutes!” Matt called from the living room.

Issa quickly put the ice back. “Be right there!”

The worst part of this situation, is that Issa could be as angry as she wanted to be. She could tell Zacky that she despised his existence. But, when it came right down to it, she still loved him. She was still in love with him. She always had been. And that fact was going to kill her all over again, she knew it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooo??? What do you guys think so far? Comment, comment, comment!
Questions? Comments? Opinions? Concerns? Tell meeeee!!
Thank you so, so much for reading! And huge thank you's to the following for recommending;
@ avengeddeathbat6661
@ st. james.
@ Synful_Shadows
@ hellokaykayy
@ Leaving Memories
You're all such lovely people! Thank you so much for all of the positive things that have come out of this story so far! I appreciate it all very very, very much. :)