Song to the Siren

swim to me, swim to me, let me enfold you

Sailors are a species all of their own.

Humans are foolish, easily tricked by anything shiny or possibly of value; they would kill their own kin simply for the pleasures of power. But, sailors? Oh, sailors are the most foolish of them all.

They would fall to their knees for the promise of a beautiful woman's hand. They would fall to their deaths if it meant they could have all the riches in the world. They would fall off the edge of the planet if only for one more minute of the lovely siren's song.

For sailors are simple creatures, looking only for the freedom of the sea and bliss in the form of the deep blue's children and their haunting voices. Sailors want love and money, a sky full of stars and an ocean full of fish. They want a kiss and a bang, a whoosh of wind and a splash. And they'll do anything for it.

So the girls and I sing. We hide behind the rocks and wait for the looming ships to pass us by. Then we swim closer and give the sailors a show they'll remember forever. Their last moments spent with smiles on their faces and hearts in their eyes. They'll soar at our high notes and dip at our lows, swoon to the sound of their deaths. Then the sailor behind the wheel will place his chin in his hand, close his eyes and let the song steer the ship. He'll let us bring them to the rocks and let his men sink with their hearts. Let them all drown in our beauty and their foolishness.

For sailors are a species all of their own.
♠ ♠ ♠
hi
i can't remember where this idea came from, but i worked on this whole thing for like three days so yeah i really hope you like it
also how rad does that banner look?? like i am kind of in love with how it turned out. i'm also super into the original image and the other photos from that photoshoot, which were all taken by ekaterina belinskaya.
anywho, let me know what you think!!!