Silent Sounds

Part I.

Sean wakes up to his best friend Hayley hovering over him like an eagle stalking it's prey. Every time she wakes him up in the morning it's usually to do something crazy, and most of the time he's not up to that.

"Wake up, I wanna go see Footloose and throw popcorn at Kevin Bacon while he does that bullshit thinking dance!" Hayley says with pure excitement and energy.

"See Hayley, that idea sounds so awful I'm pretty sure my unborn offspring is trying to kill itself!" Sean says tired, grumpy, and not having that.

"I do not care, wake your ass up and be at my house in an hour!" She says while walking out the door.

Sean looks around for the giant jar of money he got from his grandma the last few years, and boy is it heavy. He takes out twenty dollars for the tickets to see the movie he's pretty sure is Hayley's guilty pleasure. The thought of her getting all hot and heavy over this movie makes him sick to the thought. She's a very spontaneous person, and sometimes that gets annoying, but he wouldn't trade her for the world. He loves that girl but not in a romantic/sexual way, more like as a sister who has the exact birthday as him. That's probably why they have been friends for so long. The clock strikes 10:00am and he only has ten minutes to get to Hayley's house, but the walk is probably five minutes tops.

The cold morning air is almost like knives going into Sean's face and out his nose. It's the middle of July, but Washington weather sucks. The streets are so unwelcoming to him, it's almost like the streetlights are mocking his name, but he doesn't let that bother him. Once outside, the cold kind of falls off the body like water running down. He's only been walking for maybe two minutes, but it seems like it's been an hour. But after a few more minutes finally he reaches Hayley's house.

He walks in the house which smells like candles, a very comforting smell when you walk in a house. He loves this place, her mom is great but her dad is a pure asshole. The house is so quiet, and Sean doesn't think anyone is here. When what to his surprise, Hayley comes running down the stairs yelling and screaming like she always does when she makes her grand entrances. She looked oddly done up today and Sean can't figure out why, but he really doesn't ask questions with her.

"BOOM baby, lets see the best movie ever!" Hayley screams in pure sarcasm. If it was one thing Sean knew about Hayley it's that she is so sarcastic it's almost scary.

"Yeah, best movie ever..Lets go with that!" Sean snickers at the joke, not knowing why it's so funny.

Hayley locks the door and jumps off the porch, leaving footprints in the dirt walkway leading to the front porch. She looks at Sean and with a stern voice she says "listen, I don't wanna scare you, but we're not going to see Footloose. We're actually going to The Ruins, I have a surprise!" Sean was a tiny bit scared but he had all trust in her, so hopefully she doesn't rape him or something. To anyone wondering, the ruins is a half torn down building in the woods next to a river. Everyone goes there to drink, do drugs, and have sex. If her idea of a surprise is taking her clothes off you can count him out.

Finally they reach the ruins after fourty-five minutes of walking, and sitting down never felt so great.

"So down to business Sean, I have something fun!" Hayley says pulling out a pipe and a huge sack of weed. Sean has no problems with this, but isn't sure the location is the best.

"Shit, well maybe we should relocate if we're getting stoned. I'm not too hot on the idea of smoking here," Sean says with a worried look on his face.

"Aww is the pussy cat scared, does his litter box need to be cleaned out?!" Hayley says to Sean in a mocking way, that always seems to hit home when she says that.

"Fine!" He finally agrees.

They both sit down on the ground knowing their asses were gonna get wet and dirty, but when you're stoned nothing matters. She starts out with little snaps, then once they get more into it she loads bowls they can share. The sun is so hot now it's a miracle they wore shorts. In the middle of a hit Sean looks at Hayley's leg and sees a bump on it. It's interesting to him since he has the same bump on his leg since he was born. It's always been a mystery to doctors on what it is, x-rays say there's a piece of Metal in there. Since the metal is not toxic they left it in there, no point in having expensive surgery to get it out.

"Hayley, what's that bump on your leg?" Sean asks curiously.

"Well I've had it since birth, it's a piece of Metal. Since the doctors say it's not dangerous they left it in there, but how it got in my skin is a mystery."

Sean looks at her with red eyes shocked at what she was saying. He was lost for words.
♠ ♠ ♠
All I ask is for opinions, suggestions, ect. Thank you :)