Kiss Me Judas

Introduction

I remember everything.

It was a Friday night in the middle of October. It was colder than usual but that could have been the feel of dread washing over me. I was originally suppose to sleep over my friend Cara’s house after ballet practice. But something didn’t feel right and her mom swept it under the rug; thinking it was just me being homesick. I remember her driving off the moment I walked into the house. Even at five I was utterly independent. My father joked saying that I would take over the family business before my brother Constantino.

An eerie feeling surged through my body as I walked into the house. It was uncharacteristically quiet. There were no video games being played. Momma’s cooking didn’t fill the house and Poppa wasn’t yelling at Tino to turn off his violent video game. It was so off.

I remember feeling so scared as I quietly call out for Momma and Poppa. But no one came to see me, it remained quiet. That was until I heard a gunshot and Momma’s sobbing. I remember her repeating “not my baby” over and over again. I remember quietly walking into Poppa’s den, hiding in the shadows, especially when I saw a man in all black standing over Constantino’s body filling him with bullets as Momma watches, sobbing in Poppa’s body. Now I know that Poppa was dead and not just sleeping like my five year old mind thought.

The man in black shouted curse words at my Momma before “silencing” her as he put. Her body, like Constantino’s, was filled with bullets or so the file says. After the first gunshot, I ran to call 9-1-1. And halfway through the call, the man in black finds him. A sinister smirk plays on his lips as he raises his gun at me. I could remember being so scared that I cried and peed myself. I close my eyes as he gets ready to pull the trigger but thankfully the cops come barging in and the man takes off. No one found him, or no one tried. Getting wrapped up in mafia cases was a death sentence to most cops; this I now know.

Three days after losing my whole family, I get shipped off to a new one. Gianna Salvatore turns into Arianna Rossi; the niece of David and Constance Rossi. And for twenty years, I lived another life. It was a normal life. I graduated high school and immediately went into law enforcement. Now I’m working with the FBI helping to catch people like the man that killed my parents. But the one thought that remains in the back of my mind is revenge. I know one day I’ll get it. I’ll get justice for my family no matter what the costs. I’ll get it or I’ll die trying.
♠ ♠ ♠
just a new story idea that I got while watching the movies, The Family and Bella Mafia.

comment&subscribe?