Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Halos and Battle Scars

Prologue

Prologue
~Damian~

My only memory, my only thought was of the lush red hair of my soul’s singer, the force which draws life to me. The reason I was born. My name is Damian, other than that I have no memories. I don’t know how I came to be, all I know is I woke up in this world with the scent of ashes and cinders in the air. I take in every detail around me. Every shard of red until I find her. The song of her soul grows more and more desperate. And the longer we are apart the more danger she is in.

“Sir?”
The waitress called my attention back to her as she bit her lower lip looking worried. I flashed her a smile and noticed she like the other females here went weak in the knees. Placing some of the cash I woke up with in my wallet on the table I stood and thanked her for the meal. I shoved my hands in my pockets walking out of the café as the sky grew darker behind me. A darkness that seemed to follow me where ever I went.

Hailing a cab from the busy streets of New York wasn’t easily done, but I was getting better at it. Once a cab stopped I got in looking to the driver.

“Take me to the border”.
I requested, he looked at me raising an eyebrow until I threw a heap of cash at him. The people of this world seemed to do anything for this paper. I could sense no magic or kind of power that came from it. The driver pulled out and we started towards the border. I watched the other cars passing us by in silence as flashes of red hair remained vivid in my mind. Closing my eyes I placed myself with her. A bedroom in a small Canadian town that very few people knew about. Moon Creek. A place not even on a map. It was hidden for a reason.

Many secrets lay there along with her. My soul singer. Her need for me grew the closer we got to the border. I gave the driver more money for the trouble of getting through and got out of the cab, starting up the road I began to walk towards the nearest town where I would find a new mod of transportation. All I knew was I needed to get to her as fast as I could. He was coming, the one who wanted to kill her and that would also mean killing me.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3