Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Halos and Battle Scars

Chapter One Privilege Life

Chapter One
Privilege Life
~Kellan~

I rolled onto my back feeling like someone or something was sitting in the armchair at the far end of my room by the fire place. But there was nothing there. Still the energy in the room was very loud. It lasted for a few more seconds before the door to my bedroom opened and my maid came into the room with a breakfast tray in her hands.
“Morning My Lady”.
She said setting the tray down on the table and turning towards me.
“Morning May, and I told you please call me Kellan”.

May smiled at me good naturedly as she brought out my school uniform from my closet and got started running my morning bubble bath for me. I am as near to royalty as a supernatural being can be. I am the monarch of Elder Blood’s. Meaning I govern all beings of this world that are born with magic. Witches, wizards, mages, warlocks. Basically all the oldest and most powerful forms of magic fall under my rule. As far as my race goes, I’m a witch. Mages mostly deal with summoning magic, Wizards are a mix of summoning magic and elemental magic. Witches and Warlocks are the magic uses with the oldest and unlimited amount of powers.

To be a witch was very much like being an earth bound goddess. As my mother told me when I was a child. To be the monarch of the elder blood races made me the most powerful in the bloodline of magic users. It also gave me responsibilities and other things that others weren’t burdened with. Normally I wouldn’t have taken the throne until my 21st birthday. But two years ago my parents died in a horrible car crash which meant that I at the tender age of 16 was thrown into the role of monarch. Meetings with my court and handling grievances that only I could resolve was among many things I was expected to do. And then there were the balls, the galas and parties. It was exhausting to do all this and manage to throw school work in with the mix.

Moon Creek Privet School was like any other school until 4:00, when the human students are gone classes continue for the non-human students. We go from math, science, English and history to magic classes and combat training. The human students didn’t completely know about what went on after hours. All they knew was there was some “honor students” that didn’t get home until around nine at night. Then I had homework for both sets of classes and on a good day I could get to bed early. But on a bad day, after school work I’d have to conference with my court until past midnight.

I finished eating breakfast and had my bath changing into my school uniform and taking my vibrant red hair up into a ponytail. Pulling up my knee socks and giving myself a final look over I made my way into the hall and my assistant who was a kindly witch named Leona began running off my list of tasks for the day.

“You have a conference call with your court today at midnight. You also have Covenant meetings to attend people are seeking your blessing for the coming new moon cycle. And”.
On and on she went. I nodded taking in everything she was saying. I turned to her once we reached the door and I was helped into my coat by the butler and given my school bag.
“I will take care of it all Leona”.
She smiled at me.

“I know you will, have fun at school”.
I laughed to myself she clearly hadn’t been to school for a very long time. I made my way out to the limo that was waiting for me and got in. no sooner had I sat down then the witch’s class I wore around my wrist started to chime. I opened the clasp and smiled at the face of my best friend and the celestial blood monarch. Lucy Lightwood. Celestial blood’s governed over beings of the heavenly plains. Angels, Gods, Goddesses, and Nephilim. Lucy was an angel. It seems strange that a family line of angels would govern over Gods and Goddesses. As far as humans knew Gods and Goddesses ran the show. But they were wrong.

Gods and Goddesses were actually more like really rich people who believed everyone should bow to them and get them what they needed. They treated angels like slaves for a time before the rebellion. Angels gained power and it was proven that the celestial bloodline began from Lucy’s great great grandfather. Gods, Goddesses and Nephilum all generated from angels.
“Hey Red”.
Lucy beamed using her nickname she came up with for me in Pre K. I laughed smiling back at her.
“Hey Blondie, what’s up?”

Lucy sighed to herself before speaking again.
“So I’m guessing your swamped today and I know you’ve got your nose to the grindstone and all. But is there a chance you could slip away and be a teenager for a while?”
I giggled at her choice of words.
“I’d love to honey, but I’ve got Covenant tonight and a conference call with my court”.
I said regretting the fact that my parents were killed. I hated that they died on me leaving me alone to run things at sixteen! It was hard for me not to be pissed at them and at the same time. I knew damn well if I had the chance to see mom and dad again, I’d throw myself into their arms sobbing like a toddler telling them incoherently how much I loved and missed them.
“Why do you ask? You and Amaya got plains tonight?”

Lucy grinned her sheepish grin and I knew the long story of their plans was coming.
“So, Rebbecca told Sammi who told Jade who told Lisa that there is a rave tonight! A super-hot party to kick off the start of our senior year and I overheard Jamie tell Debra and Courtney that she didn’t think you knew how to have fun anymore. And I said you did know how to have fun and that you’d be at the party! Sooo if you don’t show up, I’m gunna look like a liar and your gunna look like a stick in the mud”.

I sighed shaking my head.
“Lucy, you know I can’t skip court meetings or Covenant. I have responsibilities, it’s easy for you and Amaya your parents still rule mine”.
I trailed off and Lucy frowned at me.
“I’m so sorry Kell I didn’t mean to”.
I shook my head fighting back tears and assuring her I was fine. I ended my call with Lucy and got busy setting myself right before getting out of the limo. I didn’t want to face anyone with tearful eyes. This life was a privilege just like my father always told me. And it came with a heavy price to pay.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3