Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Halos and Battle Scars

Chapter Four Be Careful What You Wish For

Chapter Four
Be Careful What You Wish For
~Kellan~

“Hello”.
He said looking down at me with those amazing green eyes. I blushed at the sound of his voice and the awkwardness I could hear in his tone like he hadn’t known what to say when I woke up. Slowly I sat up studying him. I could honestly say I had never seen this guy in my life. So why were his eyes so familiar to me? I cleared my throat trying to stop gaping at him like an idiot.

“Hello”.
I responded in a light whisper as I looked at him wanting to touch his face and do some psychic reading on him. But something inside me pulled me back like I wasn’t ready to know the things I would know if I did my reading on him.

“I’m Damian”.
He continued and I smiled at him taking in every detail of his appearance. He really was beyond godly in his good looks. His blond curls of his hair swept away from his beautiful light green eyes. His strong jawline and nose. Everything about him was perfect. His name sort of sounded familiar too. But probably because I had heard it before in my life so I hadn’t really given much credit to that feeling.

After studying him for a while I smiled a little bit.
“Kellan, my name is Kellan”.
I explained folding my hands in my lap.
“Warrior Princess. Your name means Warrior Princess”.
Damien said in a flat tone as if he was stating fact he was recalling from some far back part of his mind. I smiled at him giving a nod.
“Yeah it does. When I was a kid I made sure to tell anyone I met that. My father stopped calling me Kellan and started calling me Warrior princess instead for a whole summer”.

I laughed at the memory, I hadn’t thought about dad and his nickname for me in years. My smile fell at the memory of my parents, people I wanted so badly to be able to feel around me. To hug and tell them how sorry I am for everything. I still couldn’t shake the feeling that their death was my doing. Damien looked at me with concern in his green eyes.
“Is something wrong? Have I upset you?”
I shook my head lightly focusing on Damian again.
“No. I’m fine”.
I said hoping he didn’t think I was a total space case. Damian smiled at me getting to his feet.
“I think I should take you home”.

No sooner had he spoke the words then Amaya and Lucy came rushing back into the room looking scared.
“You’re awake!”
Amaya cried hugging me tight. I hugged her back, Lucy wrapping her arms around both of us.
“I was so scared”.
Amaya confessed. I stood smiling at them.

“I’m ok, Damian was just about to take me home”.
Lucy got a wild grin as she looked between Damian and I. while Amaya looked unsure of him still easing Lucy back so we could pass them.
“Call me”.
Lucy whispered as I passed her walking with Damian. She looked all bright and perky like always. Damian looked at me once we were in the limo going back to the house.
“So, what exactly is going on?”

I asked turning myself to face him. Damian looked at me for a moment considering his response.
“Maybe someone else should be telling you this”.
I shook my head lightly as I placed my hand over his. Damian looked at me and for a moment his eyes became distant. He smiled at me lightly closing his fingers around my hand.
“I want you to tell me. Something is obviously happened. That girl, she was a witch and I felt her pain. I felt what was being done to her but I couldn’t stop it!’

Damian sighed lightly not knowing where to begin.
“All I can tell you is that your soul sings to me. It drew me too you from the moment I woke up to the ashes and cinders that surrounded me. There is an immortal breed of beings without blood status and they feed off of the souls of the living. You are the only one who can stop them, your magic is the only known magic old enough and strong enough to slay an immortal”.

I frowned at him.
“So, I’m some sort of savior?”
Damian nodded to me.
“When it comes to these beings you are. You are the only one with the power to truly destroy them”.
I gave my head a light shake remembering.
“But that one that was about to kill me. You reduced it to ashes, how can I be the only one who can stop them if you can do that”.

Damian sighed as he tried to think of how to explain what he had done.
“I destroyed his physical body, it won’t take him long to manifest another one. You have the power to truly wipe them out. And I am supposed to protect you. To help you complete your task”.
How many times had I lost myself in Manga’s about magical girls fated to save the planet from some kind of evil? How many times had I wished for that to be the reality of magic and powers? Now it was real. I suddenly remembered the old saying “Be careful what you wish for”.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3