Status: Writing with my thumbs, bare with me.

Stay High.

Safe.

Steve had come home first, different - taller and had a lot more muscle. He explained everything, he joined an experiment and this was the after effect. His new name would be Captain america, Ariel would laugh at this. The captain of america, it was sweet. He didn't stay long, he left a day before Bucky came back.

But Bucky already knew, he knew what his best friend and had already seen him. Bucky didn't stay long either, it was the next day when he was pulled from her house. Pulled back into war. Before he left, he gripped her face. Told her that he loved her and that he would come back, but she felt in her heart something would be cause him not to.

So she cried that night.

"Ariel." Her eyes went to the man sitting across from her, she was getting breakfast a week after Bucky had left. It was Steve and he looked distraught, his hands were folded on the table and she placed her fork down.

"Steve."

He clentched his jaw, "Bucky was captured by HYDRA agents." She stared at him with a blanket expression. "I'm leaving today, to bring him home." She felt the pain in her chest, what if he doesnt come home with Bucky? What if- her thoughts were cut off

"I'll keep him safe, you don't have to worry." Steve placed a hand on her shoulder, its not that she worried about them not keeping each other safe. She worried that keeping each other safe would mean they both wouldn't come back.