Sequel: Running

All Because Of You

Play

When I got home, I threw my bag on the floor and ran into my room. My mom followed me upstairs and opened my door after I shut it and threw myself on my bed.

"Are you okay, honey?" She asked and sat next to me on the bed. I turned away from her, keeping myself from talking to her. Once I say one word, I'll probably never stop and something might slip out. She got the hint that the answer was no.

"Did you have a bad day at school?"

Yes. It was completely horrible. The people I sit with don't even like me! I thought as she started rubbing my back, trying to soothe me. It wasn't working.

"Tomorrow will be better. Don't worry."

Whatever.

About two hours later, there was a knock at the door. I thought it was maybe the people from the fire station going around, asking people to donate money to their fund stuff like they did back in L.A. I missed L.A. so much. I wanted to cry. Then, to make everything worse, my mom yelled from the bottom of the stairs, "Tyler, Ryan's here!"

I got up and dragged myself down the stairs and greeted him at the door and led him back into my room.

"So, why don't you ever talk around your parents?" He asked.

"They're not my parents." I said.

"What do you mean? Are you adopted or something?" He asked. I let out a small, shy laugh.

"I wish."

"But why? They seem like great parents. I mean, I don't even have to call to ask if I can come over and they just let me right in. They seem cool."

"Try living with them."

"Okay." He said and walked out of my room and down the stairs. I heard him say something to my mom and she said something else and he cam running back up.

"What?" I asked.

"I can sleep over." He said. Great! I'm going to be sleeping with a bisexual guy! I swear to God, if I wake up in the morning with a butt ache- My thoughts were interrupted by Ryan.

"Hellooo?" He asked waving his hand in front of my face. "Are you okay? You went into a daze for a moment."

"Oh, yeah." I said. I'm gonna slit your throat. I didn't say.

"Okaaay." He said walked towards my door. "I'm gonna go get some clothes. I'll be right back." He turned around and ran down stairs, through the door, and about five minutes later, he was back. With a bag of clothes.

"You didn't even fold them!" I nagged when I saw the opening of his yellow Pacsun bag.

"So." He shrugged his shoulders and threw the bag on the floor.

"What's today?" I asked.

"Wednesday." He answered. Great. I can't wait until the weekend. Library internet and chatting with old friends. "I'm bored." He interrupted my thoughts, again.

"So. What do you want to do?"

"Play truth or dare." He said with an evil grin on his face like he was trying to set me up or something.

"Umm...Okay." I said quietly. He started first.

"Truth or dare?"

"Truth." I chose.

"What's the worst thing you've ever done?" Shit. Lie, lie, lie, lie. "Remember, you can't lie. I know liars and you're thinking of it." What the hell? Is this guy like a part of the FBI or something?

"Uhhhmmmm...." I thought out loud. "When I was six, I pushed a kid off my giant trampoline and broke his arm."

"Damn. I'm staying away from you!" He made a joke of it. I giggled. "Hey, that's the first time I've seem you giggle or smile. You should do it more often." Is he hitting on me? I thought. But for some reason, I didn't really care. It was as if I could trust him or something. Whatever. We're probably becoming closer friends. I pushed it aside.

"Okay, truth or dare." I said, excited and now smiling.

"Dare." He said. Oooh, he's the daring type of kid. Cool.

"Well, I dare you to..." I thought of a good one. "Lick the wall." I randomly said and burst out laughing as he actually did it.

"My turn!" He said. "Truth or dare?"

"Dare." I chose this time. He let out an evil laugh.

"Okay, I dare you to run downstairs in your boxers and give your mom a hug and tell her you love her."

"What?" I asked in disbelief. He just wants to see me in my boxers. I thought.

"Or lick the wall."

"Yeah." I said and got up and licked the wall.

"Psh. Whatever." He said.

"What?" I asked giggling. We're being a bunch of weirdos.

"Okay. New game." He said and got up. Then, all of a sudden, I feel myself get thrown into my dresser behind me as Ryan yelled "Tag, you're it!" and ran down the stairs. I ran after him. He ran out the door. I followed. He ran through my back yard and into the forest. What the hell! Was this kid in track or something? I thought as I tried to catch up to him. I entered the forest behind him and lost where he was. I just stood there for a minute when I was tackled to the ground.

"Touchdown!" He yelled when he lifted himself off of me and threw his hands in the air like he was some kind of champion. So I caught him off guard and tackled him.

"Touchdown! I win." I said.

"No, it's a tie." He argued.

"Fine then, what will be the tie breaker?"

"Last one in the house is a rotten flamer!" He yelled as he pushed me on the ground and made an escape for the house. How did he know I thought of him as a flare? I thought to myself but shot it out of my head when I jumped back up and ran for the house.
I, of course, lost and we ate dinner and got ready for bed. We brushed our teeth and kept pushing each other out of the way while we tried using the sink.

The thing that embarrassed me the most was when my mom walked in on us pretending to kung-fu fight in nothing but our pajama pants. She just gave us this look like "what the hell?" and I burst out giggling and her weird look turned to a soft smile like she was happy that I was having fun.

We climbed into my bed and soon Ryan was out like a light.

"Ryan?" I asked. All I got in return was a soft snore. I smiled to myself. I actually had fun. It's like he's breaking a shell on me.

What am I thinking? I sound like a flamer! Shut up and go to sleep! I rolled over and tried to go to sleep, but something woke me up. Ryan's voice. Have you ever kissed a guy? His voice in my head. I wonder what it's like. I thought. No! Go To Sleep! The voice screamed in my head. Ryan moved around a little that made me freak out because I thought he was awake so I rolled over, away from him quick and closed my eyes, soon drifting in a deep sleep.