Sequel: Running

All Because Of You

Romance Kisses

I woke up the next morning with Ryan half on top of me. He was snoring, showing he was still sleeping and I didn't want to wake him up so I laid there for a few minutes before I nearly jumped out of my skin when my alarm clock went off. Ryan pulled his head up fast with his eyes half open and full of sleep.

"I didn't do it!" I slurred his words and wiped drool off his mouth with the back of his hand. I giggled. "What?"

"You're silly," I giggled. "It's time to get up and go to school."

"Mmhhhmmm...... Let's skip instead." He said.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Uh-huh." He nodded and smiled.

"Okay, let's make a plan." I said and we started a plan.

"Alright, I'll get dressed now." He said and went to his bag and pulled out a shirt, jeans, and boxers and ran into the bathroom across the hall. I just smiled and walked to my dresser and pulled out random clothes and got dressed. We walked down the stairs and into the kitchen for breakfast. Marie cooked pancakes and we ate them. When we were finished, we picked up our bags and left.

"Bye, mom!" Ryan yelled and shut the door behind us.

"Okay, like I said before, they leave at seven so we have twenty minutes." I said and we walked down the driveway .

"Wait!" Ryan stopped me. "I want to show you something." He grabbed my hand and pulled me to his back yard.

We approached a tree with an old tree house built in it.

"I used to go here when I was little to get away from my parents and think to myself." He said.

He grabbed the first step and pulled himself up and started climbing up the ladder.

"Come on up!" He yelled down to me. I smiled and climbed up as well.

"Wow," I said. "It's big in here."

"It's roomy. I like it." He said. "So you can come up here whenever you feel frustrated." I gave him a smile.

"You're the best friend I could ever have." I said.

"I try," He said and we shared a laugh and sat down.

For the rest of the day, we just talked to each other. We shared our interests, talked about our childhoods, anything we could think of, we let it out and smiled and had a fun time.

"I'm so tired." I said and laid down.

"Me too," He said checking his phone to see what time it was. "It's nine thirty. Do you want to go back into the house now?"

"Sure," I said and we grabbed out bags and climbed down the ladder and let ourselves in through the back door and into the living room.

"Just throw your bag anywhere." I said and threw my bag on the floor next to the couch. He followed. "Let's watch a movie." I said and we jumped on the couch and I grabbed the remote and turned on the TV.

"HANNAH MONTANA!" Ryan shouted and I nearly jumped out of my skin...again. I giggled and turned it on that channel and we watched Miley fight with her best friend.

"I love this episode!" He said, so interested in the show. I could help but burst out laughing,

"What?" He asked.

"Hannah Montana is for seven-year-old girls." I laughed.

"So, it can be for sevenTEEN-year-old boys too." He said and I laughed again.

"I love you, Ryan." I said and sat back. I saw Ryan smile out of the corner of my eye but I pretended I didn't see it.

Once the episode ended, I shut off the TV and Ryan started talking.

"You know, Tyler, you're a great friend. You're actually better than my other friends. None of them know I like Hannah Montana. It's like I can be myself around you without worrying."

Is he hitting on me? I asked myself. I decided to brush it off.

"Thanks," I said. "I've never really had a friend like you before. I've usually hung around with the calm and quiet ones, not the loud and outgoing ones. I like you." I said.

"Do you really like me?" He asked, being serious now.

"I don't know." I said. "I think I do."

The next thing I know, Ryan has his hand around the back of my neck and he's pulling me towards him.

"Shhh, just close your eyes." He whispered and I did.

I closed my eyes and felt his warm lips touch mine. It felt so wonderful. I felt as if I was floating in thin air. It was one of those moments I couldn't forget.

He pulled away and I looked up at him and smiled.

"Did you like it?" He asked. I nodded and became very shy. "Do you want to make out?" I got butterflies in my tummy when he asked and my smile went away. "You don't know how, do you?"

"No, I don't." I said and looked down at my feet.

Why am I the one that's always stupid and never knows how to do things?