Status: In Process

Chicago Is so Two Years Ago

The Champion's Selection

“Nothing, nothing at all,” Gabriel said backing away from Cedric, trying to avoid a fight. I looked around and noticed Cho standing behind us, looking upset and a bit worried. I could tell she was very confused, a part of me thought that Cedric was wrong and that she had no idea what was actually going on between us. I knew she was jealous of my friendship with Cedric, but I do not think she actually knew we loved each other in that way.

“Are you okay, Ced?” Cho asked, finally stepping in.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Let’s just get this over with…” Cedric sighed. He gave me a dead stare as he stepped away, everyone watched as he approached the glowing goblet and stepped into the blue line. The goblet released a piece of parchment for Cedric to write his name, he wrote his name and threw it into the blue flame. Many from Hufflepuff and other Hogwarts houses began cheering for Cedric; a lot of people wanted him to become our selected contestant. Many knew he was the best candidate Hogwarts could have to be the leading winner of the tri-wizard tournament, as Hogwarts has more wins then Beauxbatons and Durmstrang.

Over the next few days Cedric and I avoided each other, so you could say we were having our first official fight. Cedric was still upset over Gabriel hitting on me, because he knew I did it intentionally to make him jealous, because I admitted it. However, I was the one that was the most upset because he broke his promise. Even though the assembly was tonight and he promised to end things after, Cedric was still with Cho. I began to wonder why he was putting it off; there was no legitimate reason to avoid breaking up with her.

Finally, today was the day that everyone was anticipating; it was the day the contestants were chosen. On Saturday night, after dinner, Professor Dumbledore held an assembly in the Great Hall to announce the contestants.

"Ellie, please talk to me!" Cedric begged, sitting next to me at the tables.

I did not answer him because I was too stubborn, so I looked away from him so I could listen to Professor Dumbledore's announcement. “And now the moment you've all been waiting for, the champion's selection!” Professor Dumbledore cheered looking over at everyone. We all were infatuated with the glowing goblet, waiting for something to happen. When finally a name popped out of the goblet, waiting to be read. “The Durmstrang champion is… Viktor Krum!” Another name comes out of the goblet and Professor Dumbledore catches the parchment, reading it out loud, “The champion from Beauxbatons is… Fleur Delacour!” Now that the two visiting schools had a contestant chosen, it was now Hogwarts turn. I looked at Cedric anxiously; I really did not want his name to pop out of that goblet. Even though we were not talking I nervously grabbed onto Cedric's hand and held onto it tightly, he looked at me as Dumbledore began to read the name. “The Hogwarts champion is… Cedric Diggory!”

“Oh my god, Cedric, congratulations!” I shouted, breaking my silence, trying to act excited for him. Cedric and I hesitated at first, our excitement almost got the best of us and we nearly kissed in front of all of the schools. Although, I wanted to kiss him congratulations, instead I hugged him very quickly before he got up from the table. I watched as he smiled and looked back at me while he approached the front of the Great Hall to stand with the other chosen contestants. People continued to cheer, until the goblet let out another name on accident.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fact #10: There have been at least 125 editions of the Tri-Wizard Tournament over the years. It's known that Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry has 63 wins.