Status: In Process

Chicago Is so Two Years Ago

The Cellar

"So, what do you think?" Cedric referred to entering the tournament, again.

“If that's what you really want to do, then I think you should go for it. You're seventeen and you are well qualified to enter, I think you'll do great in the tournament. I wish I could enter with you, but I'm fifteen and we all know how that would go if I was actually chosen!" I replied, smiling at him, making him laugh. Even if I told him the truth and told him he should not enter into the tournament I know he will disregard what I say. I knew his father made him train over the summer for a reason and this must be it, he was preparing his son for the tournament.

“Oh, come on! We both know you would do great in the tournament; you would beat everyone against you and win. I know how competitive you are, you always beat me when it comes to one-on-one Quidditch. Ellie, you are a very talented witch, I just wish you would believe it,” Cedric said looking at me with a smile; he was trying to boost my confidence like he always does. I felt bad, because the only reason I was against the tournament was because I did not want him entering. I love him so much and I just want him to be safe with me back in the halls of Hogwarts, not in the tournament.

"That's so nice of you, Cedric!" I laughed sarcastically, giving him a kiss on the cheek. "But I know you well enough to know that you have let me win a couple of times. I see right through everything you do captain seeker."

"Everyone knows you're going to be the new captain after I graduate."

"Don't talk about it!" I said, reaching the cellar.

"And why not?"

"Because you will be off playing for the English National Quidditch team while I'm stuck here for another two years without you by my side. I'm not ready for you to leave me just yet," I explained to him honestly, continuing to walk with Cedric and the other students. I knew what I said was borderline confessing my true love for him, but I felt like he needed to know how I felt about him being two years ahead of me. It scared the hell out of me that I was in my fourth year while he was a sixth year, he only has one more year left at Hogwarts while I have three.

"Trust me Ellie, I have the same fears. I keep thinking about graduating and eventually starting a career, it should make me happy and all, but all I can think about is you. How will I see you when you're at Hogwarts and I'm in London?"

"Well, you know how I feel about you, so I know we'll figure it out together!"

"And how do you feel about me?"

"You should already know, apparently everyone knows," I said.

"And what does everyone know?"

"That I'm in love with you, silly."

“Well, I don’t know what to say," Cedric replied, almost tearing my heart out. I looked down and away from him; I could not bear to look at his face. I was so embarrassed for telling him I was in love with him, when I should have known he did not have the same feelings for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fact #5: The Hufflepuff dormitories are located in the cellar and near the kitchens; underneath the Great Hall. The entrance is behind a still life painting of a bowl of fruit; one must tickle the pear for access.