Status: In Process

Chicago Is so Two Years Ago

The White Tent

"It's you!"

"Me?"

"Yes, you. You're driving me crazy! I'm beginning to feel like you don't really want to be with me, like you don't really like me. If you want to stay with Cho just say so already, instead of leading me on like this!" I exclaimed, turning to face him. Cedric looked at me and then looked down at his hands, he was thinking of what to say.

"I know I haven't been great at keeping my promises, but I swear I want to be with you Ellie. I don't have any feelings for Cho and I know I need to break up with her, but I honestly haven't seen her since Wednesday. I've been too busy doing homework and preparing for the first task, I just haven't had the chance."

"I believe you, but you need to find time. It's unfair to her!"

"I know, as soon as I get the chance I will tell Cho."

“Promise?” I asked.

“Promise.”

After a few months the contestants began their first task for the tri-wizard tournament. There was a rumor going around Hogwarts that the first task was to retrieve a golden egg from a nest guarded by a dragon. Thursday, during the end of November, everyone met at an arena built just outside of the grounds of Hogwarts to watch the four contestants during their first task. Just outside of the arena was a large white tent set up specifically for the contestants to warm up before they were selected to participate in the first task. Cedric insisted that I come along and wait with him in the tent before he begins the task. I did not want to get in trouble, but Cedric said that he wanted me there. I followed him side by side as we walked down a trail that led us into the tent; I immediately saw all of the other contestants. I watched as Cedric joined the contestants standing with Professor Dumbledore and Bartimus Crouch.

"Good day champions. Gather round please. Now you've waited, you've wondered and at last the moment has arrived. The moment only four of you can fully appreciate!" I heard Professor Dumbledore say as I waited for Cedric by the entrance of the tent. I did not want to get into trouble or interrupt them, so I tried to stand out of the way. As I awkwardly moved over someone bumped into me, I quickly turned around seeing Hermione Granger. We both looked at each other in confusion; both of us did not know why the other was in the tent.

"Oh my, I am so sorry Ellie!"

"Miss. Granger, Miss. Urquart! What are you two doing here?" Professor Dumbledore asked, noticing both of us girls who were not supposed to be in the tent. Hermione and I nervously looked at each other then at Dumbledore; we both did not know what to say. Everyone was looking at us; Cedric even gave out a smile while he tried not to laugh.

"Oh, um… Sorry, we'll just go," Hermione said looking around nervously, knowing she had broke the rules. I watched as Dumbledore eyed us and watched as we both left the tent. Hermione respected Dumbledore and began heading down the trail to head for the arena. I, on the other hand, decided to go around the tent and sneak back in so I could be there for Cedric. I flipped up the tent and crawled back inside; I noticed I entered into a divided space within the tent. It was equipped with a bed and a nightstand; it looked just like hospital wing within Hogwarts. I then realized I was sitting within the area where the injured contestants were taken after the task.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fact #13: The first task of the 1994 tri-wizard tournament took place on November 24th.