Status: In Process

Chicago Is so Two Years Ago

The Golden Egg

"WHOA, GO CEDRIC!" Hannah and Susan screamed.

"Oh my, oh my god, oh my god," I kept repeating, I was beginning to freak out.

After fifteen minutes of defeat Cedric used a spell to turn a rock into a dog to distract the dragon. The dragon took the dog as bait while Cedric began to approach its nest. As he reached out to grab the golden egg the dragon turned around blowing fire into his face. I screamed out in terror as Cedric winced in pain, you could hear it echo throughout the arena. I stood up and covered my hands over my mouth; Cedric grabbed the egg.

"He's got it!" Hannah called out as everyone around her cheered.

"HE DID IT ELLIE!" Susan shouted, reaching over to hug me.

As I let go of her hug I looked towards the arena, Cedric was hurt. I quickly looked around, trying to spot him. Cedric was lying on the ground, holding the golden egg within his arms. Many men came rushing into the arena and quickly restrained the dragon with magic, allowing many nurses to help Cedric. I frantically looked around and began running down the sets of stairs; I had to reach him to know if he was okay. Once I reached the last level of stairs I ran out into the field of the arena, the nurses were beginning to transport Cedric to the tent. I looked at him; his face and neck were severely burnt.

"Cedric! Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, see," He winced out in pain.

"No, you're not, you're hurt!"

"I'm going to be just fine, I promise," Cedric said, grabbing a hold of my hand. I walked with Cedric and the team of nurses as they transported him into the tent. I followed them as the nurses led him into one of the divided rooms I was once in a moment ago.

"Cedric, I am Madam Pomfrey. Do you know where you are?"

"Yes, I'm in the hospital wing."

"Correct, well Cedric it seems like you have been terribly burned. You appear to have second-degree burns on your face and neck region. I will apply a paste and it should heal the skin within the next few days, so you will be put on bed rest. Your professors will be notified of your absence for this week," Madam Pomfrey explained, examining Cedric's face and neck. "Cedric you can rest here while I go prepare the paste for your burns. I will be back shortly.

"...See, I told you it wasn’t going to be that bad…”

“I can’t believe you Cedric Diggory.”

“I love you!” He said.

“I love you too,” I grabbed onto his hand; he pulled my hand underneath his chin and kissed softly. I blushed, smiling down at him; I just loved him so much and was so glad that he was okay. I would not know how to handle Cedric not being in my life, I would not know what to do if he was not okay.

Madam Pomfrey explained that Cedric was going to be on bed rest for at least a week, that the skin paste took multiple days to heal burned skin. Over the next week I spent must of my days in class and then at the hospital wing with Cedric, patiently waiting for him to get better. Some nights Madam Pomfrey would have to kick me out of the hospital and force me to go back to my dormitory for bed. It was only once in the beginning that she let me stay the night with him, it was the first night, which was the hardest for Cedric to manage. Madam Pomfrey explained that the healing process depending upon the severity of the burns could be potentially painful. During that entire night he winced in pain.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fact #15: Healing burns within the wizarding world does not require any special potions or spells, it's just a thick orange paste.