Status: In Process

Chicago Is so Two Years Ago

Lavanya and Tamsin

“Really?”

“Really!” Both girls chimed.

“Trust me, all of us knew Cedric was going to end up with you,” Tamsin said.

“How?”

“Girl, please, he talked about you all of the time.”

“Really?” I repeated.

“Yeah, he really does. I’m a year ahead of my class in charms, so I always have at least one class with Cedric. I sit near him and his upperclassmen friends within Hufflepuff, and you’re all he talks about. He really likes you girl, he’s always liked you!”

“And not to mention, he talked about you all the time during past Quidditch practices. I’m pretty sure he’s been in love with you for awhile now, even before you joined the team,” Tamsin explained, who has been on the Quidditch team and has known Cedric a year longer than I have. She was the first girl to join the team as a chaser, as many on the team are guys. Lavanya and Tamsin began helping me get ready for the Yule Ball as they continued to talk to me, which was always a rare occurrence because we are in different years.

“We’re finally finished. You look very pretty!” Lavanya smiled.

“Very!”

“Aw, thanks you guys!” I looked into the mirror; my hair and makeup were finished.

“You’re welcome!” Tamsin said while throwing a shawl over her shoulders that matched her nude ball gown. “Anya and I will see you out on the dance floor tonight.”

“See ya!” Lavanya smiled again, leaving with Tamsin out of the girl’s dormitory.

“Bye you guys, see you later.”

Once every girl was down in the Common Room I looked at myself once more in the mirror, I had to make sure that everything was just perfect for the ball. The Yule Ball started at eight tonight, but the tri-wizard contestants and their dates are supposed to meet in the Entrance Hall fifteen minutes past. As time passed and as the Yule Ball began I approached the Common Room, knowing Cedric was going to be waiting for me. When I entered the room Cedric was standing a few feet away from the girl’s dormitory entrance with his arms crossed behind his back. He smiled as soon as I came into view, which caused me to smile back.

“You look very beautiful Ellie!”

“Aw thanks, you look very handsome yourself.”

Cedric uncrossed his arms and reached down to bring my body closer to him, he kissed me on the lips. I reciprocated and put my arms around his neck, getting into the moment of our kiss. I took a deep breath out and changed positions, tilting my head in the other direction. Cedric quickly ended our kiss and grabbed onto my hand, it was now time to join the others.

“Are you ready?”

“Yeah! Are you?” I asked.

“More then I’ll ever be.”

Cedric and I walked hand in hand down the hallways until we reached the Entrance Hall. Immediately we saw the other contestants and their dates standing awkwardly together, some were making small talk. As we came into view Professor McGonagall rushed up to us and cupped her hands around my face, she began to smile at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fact #19: Yule is a traditional winter festival that was celebrated in Northern Europe in pre-Christian times. It celebrated the winter solstice and involved great feasts.