Status: In Process

Chicago Is so Two Years Ago

Bartimus Crouch

“Hey, do you think I should enter?” Cedric asked me, I did not know what to say so I looked away from him and began eating to avoid his question. I knew Cedric could battle anything and everything; he has trained hard for something like this. However, the tri-wizard tournament sounded dangerous and I honestly did not want Cedric to have any part of it. He could get hurt or even worse things could happen to him, I did not want to think about it. Before I could finally answer his question Professor Dumbledore came back to the podium, causing everyone to put down their food to listen.

“Your attention please! I would like to say a few words, eternal glory that is what awaits the student who wins the tri-wizard tournament. But to do this that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks!” Professor Dumbledore shouted looking at all of the students, like he himself was a little scared for all of the students entering. “For this reason the ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this we have the head of the department of international magic cooperation, Bartimus Crouch,” Professor Dumbledore continued, looking over at Bartimus Crouch. Before they could switch positions the roof of the Great Hall cracked filling the room with thunder and rain, causing many girls to scream. I watched as everyone else looked around in confusion, until someone sealed the roof with magic. A man with a hobbled leg walked to the front and center of the Great Hall, it was the famous Aura Mad-Eye Moody. Professor Dumbledore and Mad-Eye exchanged greetings while Bartimus Crouch nervously stepped up to the podium to tell the students this new so called rule.

“After much deliberation the ministry has concluded that for their own safety no student under the age of seventeen shall be allowed to put forth their name for the tri-wizard tournament. This decision is final!” He told all of the students that were interested in the tournament, which pissed off many who were underage. Many began booing and shouting their disagreement throughout the room. Bartimus Crouch nervously stepped down and looked at Professor Dumbledore; both of them could not believe the reaction they were receiving.

“That's rubbish; you don't know what you're doing!” I heard George Weasley yell over at the Gryffindor table. I looked over at him, he was mad along with his twin brother Fred.

“Silence!” Professor Dumbledore yelled. Once everyone calmed down he struck a spell on a simple golden box as it turned into a crystal blue goblet. “The goblet of fire. Anyone wishing to submit themselves for the tournament merely write their name upon a piece of parchment and throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night. Do not do so lightly, if chosen there's no turning back. As from this moment the tri-wizard tournament has begun!” Professor Dumbledore finally concluded his announcement on the tri-wizard tournament and continued with one last statement. "Now, it is late, and I know how important your lessons will be tomorrow morning. So it is time for us to say, goodnight!"

Cedric and I began our way to the Hufflepuff dormitories, which were near the kitchens right below the Great Hall. We followed others within our house as they guided us to the Grand Staircase, everyone waited until the staircase switched to allow us to reach the cellar. Once the right staircase appeared everyone quickly stepped down onto the stairs. The stairs linked us to other series of cases that lead everyone to the cellar below the Great Hall.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fact #4: The Goblet is an impartial judge and selects what it considers to be the best student from each school.