Status: In Process

Chicago Is so Two Years Ago

The Hufflepuff Dormitories

"It's okay; you don't have to say anything. Just pretend like I never said anything!" I called out to him as I let Cedric go ahead of me; we finally reached the entrance of the Hufflepuff dormitories. Everyone watched as Cedric approached the painting, tickling the pear to unlock the door. I breathed out heavily, entering the dormitory, knowing Cedric was waiting for me in the Common Room to continue our conversation.

"Ellie, hey, hey wait!" Cedric approached me, stopping me from walking any further. "Ellie, I just can't pretend like you never said anything, because I'm in love with you too," Cedric whispered with a smile on his face. I looked up from my hands and gave him the most surprised expression I could muster. I could not believe he said he was in love with me, I really thought he was going to tell me he was in love with Cho. "Ever since you didn't meet me at the Three Broomsticks for a date last year I thought that had meant you just wanted to be friends. I never thought that you had the same feelings for me, I was just trying to move on and get over you."

"Oh no, I'm so sorry Cedric, I promise I didn't know it was a date. I really wanted to go, but I failed a transfiguration exam and Professor McGonagall wouldn't let me go," I explained, telling him my experience last year. "So, what shall we do now?"

Students finished getting to know the first years and reacquainting with the ones they already knew, many that lingered in the Common Room finally headed up for bed. Cedric continued to speak, "I want to be with you Ellie, but I just don’t want to hurt Cho!”

“Trust me; it's much worse being with Cho while you still have feelings for me. It's not fair to her!” I confessed. When Cedric first told me about his relationship with Cho over the summer I knew that it would not last. Every time he told me about her in his letters it sounded as if he did not have any real true feelings for her, it was as if they were together just to be together. Even after seeing Cedric with Cho for the first time today, you could just tell in his face that he is unhappy with her. Now I know why.

“I will break up with her, I promise. I just need to think about what to say to her, I don't want to hurt her feelings,” Cedric sighed. He was frowning at the idea of hurting her; Cedric was never the guy to break a girl's heart. I was starting to feel sorry for Cho, well at least a little bit.

"I believe you Cedric, but I think it's time we go to bed. We have a long morning ahead of us, classes officially start tomorrow. Goodnight Cedric," I said, ending our heavy conversation. Cedric smiled and caressed my face; I smiled back and watched as he leaned in towards my face. He kissed my cheek and looked at me again; I almost thought he was going to kiss me for the first time. However, he is still in a relationship with Cho.

"Goodnight, Ellie, I love you!" Cedric smiled while we both began to open the doors to enter into our separate dormitories. I wished I could stay up all night talking to Cedric, but I knew I had to go to bed and prepare myself for tomorrow's classes.

"I love you too!" I blew him a kiss and stepped inside the girl’s dormitories, carefully closing the door behind me. Everyone was already fast asleep, many were snoring, so I tiptoed over to my bed and quietly laid down. I could not stop smiling as I feel asleep, I could not believe my first day of my fourth year at Hogwarts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fact #6: The entrance to the Hufflepuff Common Room is concealed behind a stack of barrels. In order to reveal the entrance, one must tap the barrel two from the bottom, middle of the second row, in the rhythm of ‘Helga Hufflepuff’, which will make the lid swing open.