Status: In Process

Chicago Is so Two Years Ago

Breakfast

During the next day everyone met during breakfast to receive their class schedules and to listen to further announcements from Professor Dumbledore. I learned that my schedule was made up of the required courses such as Transfiguration, Charms, Potions, History of Magic, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Astronomy, and Herbology. Along with taking the seven core classes, during your fourth year you are also required to pick two extra circulars. I chose to take Divination and Care of Magical Creatures because I hate history and mathematics. My schedule has increased in size due to the O.W.L exams at the end of next year. The scores on the exams determine whether I will be allowed to continue taking certain subjects after my fifth year.

After the first week of the start of the new school year it was already the second week, the week everyone was anticipating. Saturday of this week Professor Dumbledore is hosting an assembly with Bartimus Crouch and all of the participating schools are invited. During the beginning of this week the assembly was on everyone’s mind, it was all you would hear in the halls throughout Hogwarts. Many would talk about who was entering and some mentioned many underage students planning on attempting to enter themselves in with a trick or two up their sleeves. Tuesday night was the night everyone gathered around the goblet of fire to watch the Weasley twins from Gryffindor use magic to turn themselves into elderly men in order to trick the goblet. However, they failed along with many other students who were rejected from the goblet. While on Wednesday night I was invited along with many of Cedric’s friends to watch him enter his name into the goblet. I met up with Cedric in the Transfiguration Courtyard and we walked together to the goblet to meet his other friends who were waiting on us.

“How excited are you?”

“Very, although I admit I am a little nervous.”

“Why?” I asked.

“Because everyone is going to be there, everyone is coming to watch.”

“What do you mean by everyone?”

“Apparently Craig Dunn and a few other guys from the Quidditch team have spread the word that I would be entering tonight, so literally everyone knows,” Cedric explained how Craig, his best friend, told everyone about tonight. Craig is on the Quidditch team as a beater and has known Cedric since there first year as they were sorted within the Hufflepuff house together, so they evidently became best friends. Cedric and Craig are known as the most popular guys within the Hufflepuff house, as they are upperclassmen.

“That means the whole school’s going to be there.”

“Tell me about it!”

Cedric and I continued to walk down some hallways until we reached the goblet, which was placed in the Entrance Hall of Hogwarts. This allowed everyone who was old enough to enter themselves into the tournament. When we arrived I recognized many students right away, one of whom was Cho Chang. She was standing off to the side with Cedric’s friends within Hufflepuff; they were all talking until they noticed us. Immediately Cho looked at me with a critical face as her bushy eyebrows scrunched together, she hated me. Cedric explained to me that Cho might be suspicious of us and was too nervous to break it off with her, fearing she would find out the truth. Although, he promised to tell her right away, he changed his mind and told me he would break up with her as soon as the contestants were chosen. I was a little frustrated and upset with his choice; however, I knew he was scared to hurt her feelings.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fact #7: Classes begin on September 2nd, while schedules are handed out at breakfast. During each breakfast, the morning mail arrives in a flurry of hundreds of owls. After, a bell signals the start of the first class at 9 am.