Status: In Process

Chicago Is so Two Years Ago

The Entrance Hall

“Hey El, hey bro!” Craig called out from the group, noticing the awkward tension.

“Hey,” Cedric said.

“What’s up?” I smiled at Craig, avoiding Cho.

“Just waiting on Ced here to finally enter himself into the tournament.”

“Oh, me too, I was the one to tell Cedric to enter and-”

“Hey, Ced. I’ve missed you!” Cho interrupted me, pulling Cedric closer to her to split up the group and obviously make me jealous. I looked over at them; Cedric looked back and did not know what to do. Cho pulled his face over to her so he would stop looking at me; she was trying her best to separate us two from each other. I was so frustrated with the fact that Cedric just could not break up with her, if he really wanted to be with me he would do it sooner rather than later. We have been friends and have had a crush on one another for four years, now we finally have the chance to be together.

“I’ve missed you too.” I heard Cedric say, making my heart sting a little. I ignored his comment and tried blocking them out, I decided to move along and distance myself from them. I knew in my heart Cedric loved me even if he was still with Cho, which was the only thing that was keeping me from starting a scene. Luckily, I found Susan and Hannah Abbot waiting with many other Hufflepuff girls. They were waiting to see Cedric enter himself into the goblet.

“Susan, Hannah, I’m glad I found you two!”

“Hey, Ellie,” They both chimed in, smiling at me.

“What’s the matter?” Susan asked.

“Look behind me…” I watched as Susan and Hannah leaned over a little to see what I was talking about. They both leaned back and looked at each other; I already knew what they were thinking. These two girls were the only ones to know about my crush on Cedric, because they were the closest girl friends I had.

“There still together, huh?” Hannah assumed by how close the two were now.

“Of course!”

“Well, have you told Cedric yet?” Susan asked another question.

“You won’t believe this, but I have!”

“What, no way, spill?” Hannah whispered, covering her gaping mouth with her hands.

“Last week in the Common Room I finally got the chance to talk to Cedric, and guess what?” I began as both of the girls responded with a “what” so I would continue my story. “Well we were talking and I admitted to him that I was in love with him. It took him a minute to respond, but when he did he told me he was in love with me too.”

“Okay, so why aren’t you two together yet?” Hannah questioned.

“Cedric promised he was going to break up with her, it’s just taking much longer than I anticipated. I assumed he broke up with her already, but he told me he was still thinking of what to say to her. So, for the second time he promised he would break up with her. However, he said not until after the contestants are chosen.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Fact #8: The Goblet of Fire chooses one student from each school by spitting out their name in a rush of red flames. Once chosen, the participants are subject to a binding magical contract in which they can not back out of the tournament.