Status: In Process

Chicago Is so Two Years Ago

The First Task

As Dumbledore, Bartimus Crouch, and the contestants were nearby I heard Bartimus speak out loud, "These represent very real dragons, each of which has been given a golden egg to protect. Your objective is simple, collect the egg. This you must do, for each egg contains a clue, without which you cannot hope to proceed to the next task. Any questions?"

"Very well. Good luck champions. Mr. Diggory at the sound of the cannon it shall be your turn, you are to go first," I heard Professor Dumbledore say. It became quiet for a few seconds as the group separated; looking around the tent I noticed someone was coming. I looked up and saw Viktor Krum walk by, not noticing me he walked into a separated room. I heard grunting and shouting coming from the other side of the tent; I looked at the ground noticing that Viktor was warming himself up for the task.

"Ellie?" I heard a whisper, Cedric was calling my name.

"Cedric?" I called out. I looked up as Cedric found me waiting for him in the hospital wing. I quickly stood up and gave him a tight hug; I was so worried. We hugged for a good while until I let go of him. "Cedric! How are you?"

"I'm doing okay, I just need to concentrate and get that egg."

"Are you sure? I can't believe you're so calm right now, I'm freaking out!"

"Don't freak out, Ellie, everything's going to be just fine. I promise!" Cedric reassured me, holding onto my hands to stop them from shaking. Honestly, I was more nervous and afraid than he was. I felt so embarrassed to feel this way, but I was so scared that he could get hurt. He was after all fighting a dragon that was guarding an egg within its nest, which has to be pretty terrifying. As I looked from my hands at Cedric the cannon finally fired, signaling it was his turn to perform in the task. Without thinking I quickly reached up to Cedric and kissed him on the lips, I felt as his arms went around me. Letting go, I smiled and looked into his eyes; I knew that kiss was all he needed to make it through this task.

"Good luck, Cedric, I love you!"

"I love you too," Cedric smiled. I watched as he left my side and grabbed his wand; it was now his turn to begin the first task. On Cedric's way out of the tent a group surrounded him, wishing him good luck. I followed the crowd, who were on their way to the arena to watch the first task begin. I was late and one of the few to enter the arena last, there were not many seats open within the Hufflepuff crowd, many were already there ready to cheer on Cedric.

"ELLIE, OVER HERE!" I barely heard Susan scream out as everyone was shouting as Cedric began his way up to the arena. I immediately saw Susan, she was sitting with Hannah and a few guys from Hufflepuff, she was saving me a seat. I sat in-between Hannah and Susan, they both looked at me knowing Cedric was about to enter the field of the arena. They already knew I had a crush on him, but they did not know what was going on between us.

"DIGGORY, DIGGORY, DIGGORY!" Everyone shouted. I watched as Cedric finally reached the open arena where he was supposed to retrieve the golden egg. As another cannon fired he ran into the center of the arena and began to approach the Swedish Short-Snout dragon. Everyone cheered for him as he dove and hid behind rocks from the dragon's fiery breath.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fact #14: Using Sleeping Draughts, a team of wizards, including Charlie Weasley, transported nesting mothers of different breeds of dragons to Great Britain from Romania. The dragons were hidden in the Forbidden Forest to stop students from discovering them.