Status: this is for a contest

Twist in My Story

Chapter 11

"So," were walking the trail, "Wanna go walk on the lake, it should be completely frozen since the snow hasn't stopped in like two weeks, and the temperatures haven't drifted above thirty-four degrees," I totally forgot it's been snowing that long.

"Of course, I love when the lake is frozen, it's like walking on top of water," I have a sudden kind of flash back of gliding flawlessly across the ice, like I was floating.

"I think I use to ice skate here when I was young," when we stepped on the ice it hit me, it was only a months prior that I was on this ice in brand new skates my mom bought me. I sit down on the bench and untie my shoe quickly removing my sock. My feet have blisters, scarring, and some scabbed wound, clearly from the skates.

"What's wrong," he looked like he already knew the answer.

"I was here like a month ago breaking in my skates, why did I forget that? Anyway I should have brought them they aren't completely broken in yet," It must have just slipped my mind.

"Oh yeah, I remember you texting me about your feet bleeding, they still don't look too great," he touched the bottoms of them examining them closely.

"Well," I slid my sock and shoe back on, "Let's see how far we get before we fall in the ice," I giggled.

We spend an hour playing on the ice, throwing snow balls at each other, slipping into each other, me practically falling into his arms. It was nice, it was fun, it still didn't feel right. Something still wasn't adding up here.

Finally he collided into me and we landed face to face, me underneath on the snow. My heart was racing, our eyes locked, I knew it was coming, and my mind was fighting it, seriously fighting it, but my heart wasn't, and neither was he.

Before I knew it, our lips were locked, and my stomach was churning. It was the most amazing feeling I have ever felt, and in the most perfect scenario, and I don't know what to do, or what to say when our lips finally part.

He is grinning ear to ear, and I am bright red and I can't tell if it's from the cold or the blushing, and I still can't kick the feeling THIS IS NOT RIGHT.

The car ride was silently and extremely awkward. The like, it was clearly crossed.

His phone rang, "Hello?"

...

He huffs, "I'll be in in twenty minutes, but I don't want to be there all night."

He hung up, "I have to go into the store, do you want to go home?"

"Not really," it wasn't a lie, I feel attached to him, like the bond though awkward was closer than ever, closer than it should have been.

"You are more than welcome to stay at my place again," the excitement is glowing on his face.

"Can I use your laptop, I want to get some of my school work done," Online college is all I am doing at the moment but I am almost graduated with a teaching degree so I needed to get something done this week.

"Of course Mickey," he parked the car in the driveway and handed me his house key, kissing my forehead lightly, "I will be home very very shortly."

"Blah, blah, blah, more lies, blah," doing something that feels normal was nice. He rolled his eyes and I got out and walked to the door.