Status: this is for a contest

Twist in My Story

Chapter 12

Once inside I plotted myself on the bed with his computer. I had two or three papers due this week that I need to get done, but I can't seem to get my mind off the blur and the black, and the accident.

I tab over to google and type in 'car accident,' and the clipping pops up.

Crash on James Street nearly kills two people. January 3, 2014. The date is exactly two weeks ago today I continue reading.

Friday, January 3, 2014 at 10p.m. a car was found, front end in a tree totaled. Officials declared that the driver was going well over the speed limit and hit a patch of black ice, causing the driver to lose control of the vehicle. Both the diver and the passenger are in the hospital, driver suffering minor conditions, the passenger in critical condition. That was it for the article, no names or ages.

My phone ring, "Hello,"

Hi this is Doctor Tyler Hoslier calling to speak with Micayla Forth

"This is she," I replied, when did I see a doctor.

Ms. Forth, how are you feeling, we would like to schedule a post appointment with you to check on your condition.

"What condition," I think he may have called the wrong person.

You still have no recollection of the incident, Ms. Forth, you and a Mr. Jaxon Salvic were in a car accident two weeks ago, you suffered minor scrapes and bruising, however you took a major blow to the head causing you to have what we call retrograde amnesia. You may be having trouble recalling incidents previous to the accident. You were able to recall your name, your date of birth, your parents, and Mr. Salvic, but were unable to tell us why you were in the hospital or who Mr. Salvic was to you,"

I am in tears, the memory hits, we were blaring You and Me at Six, going 80m.p.h in a 40m.p.h. zone when he lost control. It all happened so quick, the crash, the air bag deployment the black.

I woke up to Jaxon standing over me, "Your parents are on their way, Mic, please don't leave me, I am so sorry, please don't leave me."

"I don't even recall being in the hospital doctor, not till now," I am weeping and hyperventilating.

So the memories have returned of the incident, this is a step forward, as you continue to progress you should recall everything you blanked on, however we would still like to see you soon, please feel free to stop in any time.

I hung up the phone. The flash back continues.

I blacked back out to Jaxon's voice begging me to stay with him, pleading for my forgiveness and woke back up to my parents in the room.

"What the hell were you thinking Jaxon, you could have killed her," My father was in his face.

"Mr. and Mrs. Forth I am so sorry, I would never do anything to intentionally hurt her, I love her..." my father cut him off.

"You endangered her life Jaxon, you don't know what love is, I hope when she wakes up she wants nothing to do with you, your worthless, that should be you in that bed, not her.. I,"

"Alexander dear, let's go cool off," my mother has a very mild temper and has learned quickly how to deal with my fathers. They left the room and I can hear Jaxon crying.

"Jaxon, where, where are we, what happened," he sprung to my side.

"Mic, please don't hate me, the doctors said you were suffering from retrograde amnesia, and that you are lucky to be alive with the impact, that there is still a chance you won't... It's all my fault and I am so sorry, I just, I can't, please Mic please stay with me, please don't hate me, Mic, I love you," The tears kept flowing.

"Jaxon, I love you too, your my best friend, I am alive, that's all that matters," I must have dozed off again after that because I remember waking up in my room at my parents feeling fine like nothing had happened.

That flash back disappears, and suddenly a new one reappears.

"We have talked about this before Jaxon, I cherish our friendship too much, an though part of me would love to see what we could be, I can't bring myself to jeopardize it," This was a frequent conversation, and I did have feelings for him, but my biggest fear was losing him and to me it just wasn't worth the risk.

Every time we had this conversation, I would see the hurt in his eyes, this was all he ever wanted.

That one fades as well and I realize that this incident, was his blessing in disguise. I obviously had no recollection of anything before the accident between him and I and he was trying to remake us. Make us be something I didn't want.

How could he, how could he take this and do what he is doing with it.

The more I think about it the more I realize that Jaxon and I haven't gone a day with out each other in two weeks, since the accident. He has been waiting on me hand and foot. He felt bad, I could tell, he was torn an hurt over almost losing me, but then why.

I hear the door open and the tears hit like an instant reaction.

"Fucking idiots don't know how to count I swear my job needs to do a G.P.A check before they hire people, how's school work going Mic..." his voice trailed off as he made it to the bedroom door, and to the sight of the news article, the phone in my hand, and the tears streaming down my face.

"Mickey..." he has no words to say, no apologies, nothing.