Status: this is for a contest

Twist in My Story

Chapter 13

"I thought I could trust you, but then you changed like I meant nothing, like I haven't stood by you through everything, like I didn't hold you when you felt like breaking down, or tell you it would be o
okay when you were falling apart. We were so close, you promised me, promised you'd never do anything to hurt me, promised you'd always be here for me, and I trusted you, but then you changed everything, like what we were meant nothing."

"I had to make a decision for what was right for me Mic..."

"And who always stood by you when you didn't know what was right for you Jaxon? Who was by your side? Wasn't that me? You didn't even think about what was best for me did you,"

"Mic you don't understand, I had no choice, I was tired of not knowing," he was yelling at this point, out of lack of understanding.

"You can be as curious as you want Jax, but you chose to put us in this situation, you chose to keep perusing it, and you chose to change who I was, who we were, with no warning, no reason, no explanation, you just took it upon yourself to recreate the only person who you felt comfortable with. The one person you tell everything to. The one person that went our of their way for you, and understood you, and loved you, unconditionally. You chose all of this Jax, and didn't care who it hurt," The tears are welling in my eyes.

"You want me to explain Mic," he grabbed both my arms, wrapping his hands all the way around them. He looked down and back up, tears filling his brown eyes, "You want to know why I did what I did? I love you Mic, it is that simple, and trying not to only went so far. Mic, I've never seen you as happy as you were these past few months, doesn't that mean anything?"

"Jaxon, that's not the point, we were the way we were for a reason, and you took a traumatic experience and used it to see if we were good together," I still have not stopped crying.

"Micayla I love you, I just wanted you to be happy and I truly believed you would be if we..."

I cut him off, "Maybe my father was right, you have no idea what love is, and yes I remember everything," I am so mad but as I think about it I realize I am not mad because he did it, but because all of it was forced on me and I was truly happy with the events.

"Jaxon, I'm extremely upset that you did what you did and though I felt so happy while us was taking place, I can't believe you would do this to ME of all people Jaxon, I almost died and you used it to your advantage, you don't see where that is wrong," his tears are as non-stop as mine.

"I do Mic and I'm sorry, you were right, it is ruining our friendship, I ruined our friendship."

"Jaxon, we will always be best friends, and I am willing to accept what ever just happened in our lives, but I am not willing to continue the way we are, you are to tell me everything that I can't recall to a T, and to make sure I get to the doctors," I love him too much to let him go, "And maybe we can... discuss having something," I love him too much to pretend these weren't the best two years of my life, "But you better be groveling at my feet for my forgiveness," I love him too much to not pick on him like it's my job. I smile a tiny smile through the tears and he smiles back wrapping his arms all the way around me.

"Mic, I love you," he says it shyly.

"I love you too Jaxon, now where's my five course meal?" he glanced at me.

"What, my memory's not totally shit!" We started laughing, anything from here out would be normal.