Status: this is for a contest

Twist in My Story

Chapter 7

It's absolutely overwhelming how not right this all feels, like our friendship is progressing in a direction it shouldn't be. Like this is not what it is meant to be and I can't kick the feeling.

I love where we are, I feel like part of me had always wanted it, but that there is a reason it wasn't like this. Jaxon is my best friend, point blank, line drawn, but is it suppose to be more than that, do I want it to be more than that, if I do want it to, why can't I kick this not right feeling like there's a kink in this story line that were writing.

Before I know it, it's 11:45, I have done no work on Skyrim. I need to make it look like I have done four hours of game play before he comes home.

I start up the play station and get into the game working on my assassin and thieves guild quest until I am leader of both. It doesn't take a lot of time, but to any one else it could look like four hours of work, which is a good thing because the game auto saves just as Jax walks in the door.

"How far did you get," he yelled before he closed the door.

"I own both the brotherhood and the thieves guild," I called back shutting down the system.

"You must have been booking it through the quest line, that took me forever," he is on the couch next to me, shoes and jacket still on.

"Are we leaving right away, cause I am not dressed," I look down at his sweats which I have neglected to change out of.

"You could just go out in those, I still think it's adorable," he smiled shyly.

"Uhm, no, how about I go put my pants on and something warmer before we go out and wander the woods in the snow," getting up I go into the bedroom to change while he is in the kitchen getting something to eat I assume.

I throw my dirty pants back on, and my shirt, throw my shoes on, and put on a long black P-coat I must have left here last time.

"How long has my coat been here?" I hear the fridge door close.

"Probably about a month, I just moved it off the bed like two days ago," why was it on the bed? I never forget things at his house I am always careful to bring what's mine home. I also faintly remember wearing the coat two weeks ago in his car. I think I took it off and put it in the back seat actually.

"Okay, I'm ready," leaving the bedroom semi-bundled up.

"Well, let's get going then," he grabbed his keys and we headed for the car.

Music has always been our favorite things to do in the car, we rarely talked, but we always listened to music. Today however seemed to be different, he was going on and on about work and things he wanted to take me to do, and places we needed to go. Plans were never made in advanced, they are always spontaneous.

"Where are we?" An over abundant feeling that I know this road all to well hit.

"James street sweetie, we take this road all the time," his eyes didn't leave the road.

My dream flashes into my mind again, the blur, the black, all at once, like an accident, "Wasn't there a really bad crash here like two weeks ago?" I recall a news clipping, no pictures, no names, just the article.

"Yeah, I think both people are okay, one suffered some minor head trauma I think the news said, but I haven't heard anything since. Oh look, were here," I can hear that he wants to change the subject and I don't fight it.