Sequel: 12 Years of Secrets
Status: active

Untangle Me

Summer Fling

In my four years at Hogwarts not much had changed. I was more commonly known for being James twin than my own short list of outstanding achievements. That had stopped bothering me a long time ago though, I had grown into my own person and made friends of my own. Discovered my own talents and managed to not receive a howler from our parents once this year!

The thing about Sirius and I was how well we both managed to be at eachothers throats but still maintain to sneak round together when we were alone. Although once or twice he pinched my bottom when passing in the corridor. Unexpectedly my relationship with Sirius had taken a weird turn, although we never spoke about that moment again after that night. Instead we formed some form of unspoken bond that kept us tangled in eachother. During the summer, my parents had thrown a party and so all of their friends where there and some of James and I's too. Lily was off with Ettienne, my cousin from France doing some snogging somewhere. James was sulking about it and letting out his frustrations by chucking gnomes over the fence. I wasn't feeling much like socialising so instead I sat inside of the shed which dad had turned into a den for James and I, reading Witch Weekly when Sirius walked in with two bottles in hand.

"Here, I thought you might be thirsty." Sirius said handing me a bottle.
"It's not poisoned is it? It won't kill me?" I said eyeing it suspiciously.
"I promise you, it's fine. Here I'll even taste some first if you like?"

I offered him the bottle and he took a swig before handing it back. He shot me a large smile.

"See? I told ya it was safe to drink."
"Hmm, okay but you can't blame me for not trusting you." I shrugged putting away my magazine and taking a drink from the bottle. "Thanks by the way, I was getting a little thirsty."
"No worries, I hope you don't mind firewhiskey. I thought I may as well come hang out with you since James isn't any fun right now."
"Yeah, that's why I came in here. He's like a bloody dementor, sucking the soul and joy out of this party." I joked.

Sirius and I sat in silence for a while. It wasn't very often we talked without arguing so I was trying to bask in how pleasant a moment this was.

"You know, I think this is the longest we have ever gone without trying to curse eachothers ears off?" Sirius laughed, his eyes crinkling in the corners.
"Funnily enough I was just thinking the same thing!" I laughed with him.
"Hey d'you want to dance? I mean I'm not much of a dancer but I know you like this song and I just figured that maybe, you know.. You'd want to dance or something."
Sirius rambled and I giggled.
"Sure. It was nice of you to get me a drink after all, and remember my favourite song." I smiled taking his hand.

He placed both hands on my waist and I placed my own around his neck and we swayed a little awkwardly and more than a little out of time to the Cauldron Boys ballad that was playing. This was the most civil Sirius and I had ever been since we had met each other and although it was weird, it felt nice. Right now we weren't prank enemies, we were just two teenage kids dancing awkwardly in a shed at a family party.

Sirius looked at me full on, he was a good head and shoulders taller than me so I had to tilt my neck to look at him properly. He smelt of gunpowder and cinnamon. It was such a bizarre combination but it suited him.
He was handsome, I could see what so many girls saw in him but his reputation made him a sleaze and unappealing to me. Yet here I was in my shed, with sweaty palms and Cornish pixies flying around in my stomach with anxiety.

"You look beautiful, Fifi."

His voice was little but a whisper as he leaned forward and kissed me. I kissed him back, one hand grabbing the front of his shirt pulling him closer, the other tangled in his wavy hair. I'm not sure how long we stood there for but when we pulled apart I felt more than a little flustered.

"I errr, I think I'm going to go to bed. Too much firewhiskey, you know?" I said picking up my wand and shoving it into my back pocket. "Goodnight, Sirius." I gave him a quick kiss on the lips, wanting to feel his lips against mine once more and ran up to the house.

Little did I know that was the start of me falling for Sirius.