Sequel: 12 Years of Secrets
Status: active

Untangle Me

Dung For Brains

"You're an absolute fucking idiot Padfoot!" I yelled. "Do you have any idea how much trouble this could have caused? He could have been killed!"
"It's only Snivelly," he shrugged, "and besides, he wasn't killed so I don't see the big deal here."
"The big deal? "The big deal" is that now Snape knows about Moony's condition! It's a wonder you are still in school!" I yelled.
"Would you just fucking shut up Ophelia? I'm sick to death of you mithering me!" Sirius snapped.
"Don't have a go at her!" James shot at Sirius. "She's got a point. You took it too far this time. Even I wouldn't have gone that far."
"Whoopee, the old Saint Potter twins saving the day again." Sirius retorted.
"It just seems like you don't care enough about your friends if you were willing to jeopardise Moony's safety for some petty revenge." James said.

Sirius stopped walking and drew his wand.

"How dare you imply that friendship means nothing to me. My friends are all I have!" Sirius said, his voice was dangerously low.

I took out my own wand as James drew his. A fight was the last thing I wanted them to have. James was the only one left talking to Sirius out of the Marauders and as for Sirius and I, ever since that night where I have confessed to loving him, I kept my distance. Not that I needed to because for weeks he treated me like I had dragon pox and avoided me. Then he started going with Miah Weaversly, a Hufflepuff with a dangerously low IQ and even lower knickers. Rumour has it they were almost caught shagging in the Library.

"If friendship meant anything to you Sirius, you wouldn't have been snogging my sister behind my back!" James yelled causing sparks to erupt from the end of his wand.

My jaw dropped. I hadn't said anything to him, to anyone. The only people that knew were house elves. Sirius too looked taken aback. He caught my eye and I shook my head, letting him know I hadn't said anything.

"Did you really think I wouldn't be able to tell? My own best mate and my own twin sister!? I waited for one of you to tell me but no. James was kept out of the loop." ranted James. "The worst part is, neither of you had the decency to come clean."

Sirius and I watched as James stalked off to Hagrid's, leaving us stood there watching him blast rocks into rubble as he went.
Great. Now not only was nobody talking to Sirius, James wasn't talking to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is my favourite story.