Status: incomplete

The Best Mistake

Chapter 24

(SleepingWithChem)

Alan's p.o.v
7 months...

Ever since the baby kicked austin has had his hands on my stomach as often as possible. Wether it's when he thinks I'm asleep at night to when we are eating breakfast together before work. I love him so much and I'm grateful that hes here for me and the baby.

I keep thinking back to that night that Austins parents came over for dinner. They were so excited and Mike wouldn't stop talking about how the baby and how happy he was.

"Hey love, how you feeling?" Austin pops his head into the door of our bedroom. I haven't gone to work as I am to big to hold a guitar properly so they let me on maternity leave. Which I am incredibly thankful for.

"Better. She won't stop kicking" he smiles and kicks off his shoes before sitting by me and placing his hands on my large bump.

"Hey baby. It's your papa here. I just wanted you to know that we both love and please stop using your mommy as a punching bag" i winch as I receive a extra hard kick after Austins done.

"Would you sing to her?" I pant, trying to calm myself down from her assault. He nods and begins to sing.

'We will meet in the moonlight
Meet in the moonlight
Oh
We will meet in the moonlight
Meet in the moonlight

This is not pretend, don't play the end
I know your real and not just a book I read
soon I will show you how a heart can never fail,
Never change'

By the end of the song I have happy tears in my eyes. The baby has stopped kicking and Austin is rubbing my stomach.

"Why don't we watch a movie?" Austin suggests and I nod, smiling. We put on Silent Hill and snuggle down together like so many times before. He holds me so close and he rubs my stomach affectionately. It was so perfect.