Sequel: 21

18

My Hands Pressed To Your Cheeks

Image


Maylee Jae


I sat against the skin of Austin's bathroom as I waited for the timer to go off. It had been a month since Austin and I went on our vacation to Portland for close to a week. Not only did we have sex for the first time but we had started dating and this last month had been one of the greatest times I've had.

"Baby?" Austin said knocking on the door. I swallowed my fears and opened the door a little bit so I could look at him.

"Yes?" I asked him. He showed me the timer telling me that the time was up. I heaved a sigh and opened the door to let him in. He pulled me into a hug before we turned to the sink to look at the three tests. He looked down at it and squeezed me. I opened my eyes and turned to look over at Austin. He looked pretty confused. I turned my eyes towards the sink.

"This is good, right?" He asked me. My heart started to race as the three sticks had a pink little plus sign indicating that I was indeed pregnant with Austin's baby.

"I should double check with a doctor first." I told him in a hushed tone. He nodded. I looked up at him. "What are we going to do?"

"I guess we are going to be starting a family, Maylee." He smiled at me before his hands found my stomach. "But first you need to make a doctors appointment and then we have to tell our parents."

"What?" I asked him is disbelief. He nodded. "My parents will kick me out."

"Then I guess you'll have to move in here." He said looking over at me. My eyes went wide as he walked away. "Let's go."

"Where are we going?" I asked him as I left the bathroom. He grabbed his keys and held the front door open for me.

"The hospital. I think they do this shit but I could be wrong." He shrugged. "We will get this figured out today."

"Someone is persistent." I laughed as I toyed with my newly dyed hair. I was over being a red head and decided to dye my hair dark brown with blond ombre tips. I really liked it and so did Austin.

"I just want to find out for sure so I can call my dad and we can tell your parents." He said as he locked the door behind us. I looked up at him and smiled.

"Well, let's go." I told him. He opened the door for and locked up behind us. I walked to the car and climbed into the passenger seat as Austin climbed into the driver seat. I looked over at him as he backed out of the driveway. I watched him bite his lip in concentration as he watched for other cars and for people walking.

***


I drove Austin's car to my parents house as he talked to his dad on the phone. Austin was telling his dad all about me and I could tell that it was a good conversation on both ends. But Austin hesitated when asked a question and his answer told me that it was about my parents. I patted his leg and turned my full attention back to the road as I approached the home that I grew up in. I pulled up the street and turned to look at Austin. I noticed that my car was on the road and it had not been moved since the last time I drove it.

"Babe, whatever they say about you or to you, I am so sorry." I told him. He looked over at me with a shit eating grin.

"Baby, I don't care what they say." He said. "I have both my girls."

"So you think I'm going to have a girl?" I asked him as I cocked an eyebrow up at him. He nodded. "I kinda want a boy."

"I guess we have to wait like nine months to see." He laughed.

"I'm pretty sure you find out before the baby comes out. Unless you want it to be a surprise." I laughed. He looked over at the window and then back at me.

"Surprise." We said at the same time.

"We should probably go inside." I told Austin. He nodded and got out. He had only met my parents once in the month that we had been dating but he came over every few days when I wasn't at his house. I got out of the car and Austin grabbed my hand. He held it tightly as we made our way up to the front door. I opened it with my key and walked in. "Mom? Dad?"

"Maylee?" My father questioned as he opened his office door that was at the end of the hallway. He smiled at me. "Ah, and Austin."

"Hello again sir." Austin said from my side.

"What can I do for you kids?" My dad asked. I looked at him.

"Is mom home?" I asked him. He nodded and walked towards the kitchen. He could tell that something was up and I had a feeling that he would not be happy. I entered the kitchen and saw my mom was watching the personal chef making lunch. "Hey mom."

"Oh Maylee, I didn't hear you." My mom turned and looked at us. "Hello Austin."

"Hello Ma'am." Austin said as his hands grew sweaty.

"Hey Linda." I said to the short woman that was rushing around the kitchen.

"Hey Ms. Maylee." She winked at me before going back to cooking.

"Mom, dad. We need to talk to you both." I told them. "We can either do it here or we can go into the living room."

"We can stay here. I was on my feet all night." My mom said flipping the page of the magazine that she was reading.

"Well..." I said hesitating.

"Don't hesitate, dear. It's a nasty habit." My mother said. I fought the urge to roll my eyes at her.

"I'm four weeks pregnant." My mother's head turned so fast that I thought it was going to break off. "Austin is the father, too."

"Excuse me?" My mom asked us. I nodded and Austin gave my hand a reassuring squeeze. "What are you going to do? If you keep this thing, how will you support it? Do you have plans?"

"Ma'am, I'm in a band that just got signed to a major record label." Austin said. "As for supporting it, I don't spend money unless I absolutely need to. And our plan is to get married before the baby comes and we will work together to make our little family strive."

"Hmm." My mom said before getting up out of her seat and leaving in an angry manner. I looked to my dad and I noticed he was smiling at us.

"I'll give you money every month to help you out. But I know the next words out of her mouth. So I suggest you go pack up and move in with Austin. I want to be kept in the loop at all times, little bird." He said using my little nickname that he had given me when I was four and I tried to be a bird and fly off the porch but only ended up breaking my arm.

"Thank you, dad." I gave him a hug and Austin and I started to make my way to my room. I stopped at my door when my mom came out of her room. We looked over at her.

"I want you to move out today." She said. I nodded and Austin and I went into my room. I shut the door and looked at Austin.

"Let's get to packing." Austin smiled at me. I nodded and grabbed the suitcase from my closet and started to throw my clothes into it. Austin did the same with the other suitcase so that we could get out of here quickly. I stopped and sat down on my bed.

"Austin." I said looking at him.

"Yes, my love?" He questioned me. I turned and looked at him.

"What am I going to put all my shit?" I asked him. He laughed in response. He shook his head and looked away from me.

"I will make room in the dressers and the closet." He said. I looked at him and smiled. "Do you want to bring any of the decorations?"

"No. I like how you have decorated your house." I shrugged.

"We'll take them and you can leave the boxes in the garage." He told me. "I'll go pick up some boxes and then I will use Tino's truck to come and pick them up."

"Okay babe. The clothes are the only thing I really need is my clothes right now." I told him. "Everything else is just pointless."

"Nothing about you is pointless." Austin smiled as he kissed my nose. I looked up at him and smiled. It was at this moment that I realized how happy I truly was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Maylee's Outfit