Sequel: 21

18

A Long Way From The Playground

Image


Maylee Jae


"Austin, I can't find anything to wear." I complained to my boyfriend of four months as I huffed in annoyance at the lack of my clothes fitting. I was now four months pregnant and I was definitely showing now.

"Here." He said handing me his red flannel that he was just wearing. I looked at him and glared at him.

"I want to look cute. Not like a lumberjack." I said.

"Baby you can make it cute." He winked at me. He was surprisingly nice about my mood swings. Tonight he was taking me to dinner and I was pretty excited. A lot have changed since I had gotten pregnant. I dyed my hair one solid brown color and I got my nose pierced just to change up my look.

"Shut up." I laughed as I looked over at him. He grabbed my hand and pulled me over to him.

"I love you, Jae." Austin smiled at me.

"I love you too, butt kisser." I stood up on my toes and gave him a kiss. "So I hope we aren't going anywhere fancy."

"Nope." He smiled. It was at this point that I noticed he was wearing black skinny jeans and a Slipknot shirt with his classic converse. "What you are wearing is nice. I just decided that since you've been eating vegan since we found out you were pregnant, you need to treat yourself to something that I think will be better for both of my girls."

"Still hoping for a girl?" I asked him. He nodded happily and looked at me. "You know she or he probably won't have a Star Wars name, right?"

"What?" He said loudly. I shrugged and looked at him. "Why not?"

"When the baby is born, we will know the baby's name when we lay our eye on our baby." I smiled at him. He nodded knowing that this was a conversation that we always had when we talked about the baby.

"I just hope it's a she." He put his hand on my stomach. "I want to have daddy's little princess."

"How about something more gender neutral. Like mommy's little rockstar." I smiled. "And daddy's little rockstar."

"I like that better. But a princess would be nice." He smiled at me. I rolled my eyes at him as we walked out to the car.

"So where are we going?" I asked him. He smiled over at me mischievously. "Austin Robert Carlile."

"Maylee Jae soon-to-be Carlile." I stopped and looked at him.

"What did you say?" I asked him. He looked over at me with that smile of his that made his scrunch up his nose that I loved. He remained silent for several minutes before looking over at me as we climbed into the car. "Austin."

"Yes, Maylee." He said as he backed out of the driveway. I looked over at him with wide eyes as I noticed a box shape in the pants pocket.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

"In-N-Out. My kid is dying to get some of the best burgers ever." Austin smiled at me. "Plus I know you probably want a burger and fries to dip into a milkshake."

"You know me so well, Austin."

"Well I would hope so." Austin said. I turned and looked at him as he held out a small velvet box to me. I looked at him as he stopped for a red light.

"Aus?" I asked him. He looked over at me.

"Marry me, before our baby is born so that we both have the same last name." Austin smiled at me. "Marry me because I am in love with you."

"Yes." I smiled at him. "Yes, Austin."
♠ ♠ ♠
Maylee's Outfit

I want to apologize for the lag in advance! I just got a second job working at Rue21 so I might be a little missing for some periods of time but I will update as soon as I can until I finish this which is in like 11 chapters or something....