‹ Prequel: Heretic
Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Hellbound

Chapter Two Green Eyes and Snake bites

Chapter Two
Green Eyes and Snake bites

My body ached as I started to become aware of my surroundings I could hear loud music playing but it sounded like it was coming from under me. When I opened my eyes I was in a large room decorated with reds and golds. As I pushed myself upright I winced feeling the pain in my shoulder blade. There was bandaging around it and my shoulder. Someone had taken care of me and I obviously wasn’t dead. I looked up feeling something move in the room. He was sitting by the fire place watching me. The firelight glinted in his green eyes. The silver of his snakebite piercings also reflected in the light.

“How are you feeling?”
He asked rising to his feet. I looked down realizing I wasn’t wearing a top. Just my bra. Normally I would have freaked out and covered myself up. But I just didn’t care anymore.

“I’m ok”.
I said lightly. He sat on the edge of the bed inspecting the bandaging before his eyes met mine.
“So you’re the one Lyger wouldn’t shut up about”.
My eyes locked with his.
“You know Lyger?”
He nodded.
“When that goddess thing was trying to kill you and take the city hostage I helped him fighting off her monsters.”
I narrowed my eyes slightly confused.
“There weren’t any monsters”.
He smirked at me.
“Yeah, I’m kind of the reason for that. Monster hunting is in my blood”.
He got up walking over to the bar.
“Want a drink?”

I shook my head lightly.
“I don’t drink”.
He looked back at me.
“It might help you feel better, and it’s better than letting yourself bleed”.
His eyes fixed on the scars on my arm. I didn’t look at him.
“We all deal with pain differently”.
I said in a flat tone. He poured himself a drink before sitting next to me again.
“So, your names Krissi right?”
He asked. I gave a nod looking back to him.
“And you are?”

A smirk crossed his lips as he lifted the glass to his lips.
“Zacky, you can call me Zacky”.
I brought my knees to my chest remaining silent for a moment. There was very little I had to talk to him about. And I wasn’t good at making random conversation with people.
“What’s going on down there?”

I asked looking at the floor. Zacky laughed to himself.
“I’m making money, we’re above the strip joint I own. This is one of the rooms normally used for another business I run”.
I looked down shaking my head.
“Wow, so you sell sex for a living”.
He laughed at me.
“Not just sex, but yes it’s one of the products I sell”.
I shook my head lightly.
“Ok, so what else do you sell?”
“Drugs, protection, and sometimes information”.
I looked at him raising an eyebrow.
“You’re just coming out and telling me all the illegal stuff you do?”
Zacky shrugged.
“You’re not a cop because cops don’t have angel’s wings. So why lie to you? I only lie if I have to”.

I got up looking around for my shirt. Zacky turned back to me.
“You aren’t going anywhere. Your hurt and you need protecting. I kind of promised Lyger I’d keep you safe”.
I looked back at him narrowing my eyes slightly.
“How much money is he paying you to keep me safe?”
Zacky shrugged.
“Why? Do you really care?”
I looked down. I didn’t care, I didn’t care about anything least of all myself. I found my shirt pulling it back on and sitting down in one of the chairs.
“Fine, so you’re my hired protection. What happens now?”

Zacky smiled at me.
“We wait until I close up then you come with me back to my place”.
Before I could ask any more questions the door opened and two very large men in suites came into the room.
“Mister Vengeance. He’s here”.
Zacky’s eyes turned cold.
“Good, bring him to my office”.

The men nodded leaving the room. Zacky stood drawing a gun from his belt and cocking it. He looked at me.
“You might wanna plug your ears.”
He said before walking out of the room. I heard the door lock behind him. So this was my protection, a criminal king pin that showed no mercy. My thoughts darted back to that look in Syn’s eyes when he killed Erin. It was awful. No emotion at all. What really scared the fuck out of me was that I still loved him, my heart hurt when I thought about the fact he’d probably never hold me in his arms again.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3