Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Alchemist and the Vampire

Chapter Seven Girls Night

Chapter Seven
Girls Night

After the third day of classes I knew what my favorite classes were. Music, of course because I love Music and Jimmy’s in that class with me. Astrology and Astronomy, which is really awesome. And Equestrian studies. Magic and casting was just basically reading a text book about the hypothetical use of magic. We didn’t actually get into casting spells until second term. Which kind of sucked and the teacher had a really sleepy bored sounding voice so it was hard to stay awake in that class. I smiled at my white horse who I had actually named Aether who was a child of Nyx like me. I don’t know the name just suited the horse. I finished brushing her maine and she breathed hard through her nose at me giving her head a light shake. I giggled hugging her.
“We’ll go riding tomorrow I promise”.
I assured her. She chewed my hair like she always did and I sighed getting horse slobber on my hair.

“Ugh. Aether”.
I laughed. She made happy laughing horse sounds before nuzzling me with her nose. I smiled at her.
“See you tomorrow girl”.
I said giving her some food before leaving the stables. The stables were on the far end of the grounds. As I started across them towards the main building I noticed the beautiful moon that was out that night. I stopped admiring it and the countless stars. It was a good night.
“I hope I’m doing ok down here Mom”.
I said keeping eyes on the full moon. There was a gentle warm breeze that surrounded me and I closed my eyes. For a moment it felt like I was being hugged tightly and the words. “So proud” whispered in my ear as the wind surrounded me. Then the wind was gone and I was alone in the walk way again.
“Jail bate!”
I smiled hearing Jimmy’s voice.

“Hey Jimmy”.
I said walking towards him. He raised an eyebrow at the side of my head.
“Aether tried to snack on my hair again”.
I explained giggling. Jimmy shook his head.
“I need to have a talk with her about eating my girl’s hair”.
I got all blushing and flustered when he called me his girl like I normally did. Jimmy smirked taking my hand and lacing his fingers with mine as he led me away from the stables.
“Anyway, they show a movie here every Friday and I thought we could go together”.
I smiled at Jimmy really liking that idea.
“You mean like a date?”
Jimmy smirked as he turned to face me.
“Yeah, like a date”.

His tone was soft and happy sounding. It made my heart want to melt. Before I could take him up on his offer which I really wanted to. I heard squealing sounds of the girls running towards us.
“Krissi!!! We’re having girl’s night!”
Avery announced with a smile taking my arm. I looked at Jimmy and sighed, He rolled his eyes.
“Girls night isn’t until Saturday”.
He looked at them.

“We moved it to Friday”.
Aria stated with a smile. I looked back to Jimmy who shook his head.
“Fine, you can borrow her for the night. We’ll have our date tomorrow”.
He smiled at me. I smiled back at him feeling my heart flutter as he walked away. I smiled at them.
“Can I wash my hair before we have our girl’s night?”
“Ugh, yes”.
Avery said wrinkling her nose at me. She pinched her fingers against it.
“You smell like horse”.

Amanda rolled her eyes at her.
“Honestly Avery it isn’t that bad”.
We walked back towards the school
“I will take Falconry over Equestrian studies any day”.
Elle laughed at her.
“You know Falcons poop too right?”
Avery shuttered.
“Ok stop making me think about animal poop, seriously!”
I laughed at my friends as we walked back into the girl’s dorm building. How about that, I actually had friends. And not just the kind of friends who only hung out with you in school. I knew these girls would fallow me into the depths of hell itself if they needed to. They were true real friends. The kind of friends I never thought I’d ever have. I showered and changed into my PJ’s, Avery insisted on doing my hair for me when she came into my room with her endless supply of hair products.
“So anyway, I heard that Harlyen is actually trying to get her parents to let her transfer schools”.

Elle said as she painted Amanda’s nails. Amanda rolled her eyes.
“Drama queen much?”
Amanda said as she blew on her other nails drying them. Aria smirked as she held a tube of lipstick up to see how the color would change her eyes.
“I think that’s a good thing. Hell I’ll pay her parents to take her out of this school”.
I frowned at them.
“Maybe we shouldn’t be so hard on her?”

Amanda and the others all gaped at me and the silence in the room was so heavy I cleared my throat nervously.
“Are you hearing yourself right now?”
Aria said looking stunned.
“Harlyen is a bitch! She is more of a bitch to you then anyone! She wants your boyfriend!”

I gaped.
“Whoa! Boyfriend?”
Amanda laughed lightly.
“Aria Krissi and Jimmy haven’t gotten that far yet”.
Elle smiled an endearing smile as she.
“Awe sweetie, I guess you are taking your time with things then”.
Instantly I felt like a little kid and it wasn’t a good feeling.
“No, Krissi is old fashion. The rest of us instantly fell into relationships with our vampires. Krissi needs the romance of it, the falling in love that comes with well, falling in love”.
Amanda smiled at me. I gave a grateful smile back at her as she explained.
“So, you’re willing to let Harlyen walk all over you and treat you like trash without fighting back?”
Aria asked changing the subject.
“I’m not the type, I mean. I don’t want to stoop to her level”.

Aria sat forwards on the vanity stool.
“I do!”
She said flaring up. Aria was the bad ass of the group. Most likely to get into a fight and start an all-out war against someone else. Elle sighed as she finished Amanda’s nails.
“Aria, maybe Krissi has a point. Maybe we should all just take the high road”.
Aria rolled her eyes.
“Fuck that shit. I’m putting glue in her shoes”.
Aria said turning back to the mirror. I laughed a little shaking my head once Avery finished my hair.
“There. Now, your hair doesn’t smell like hay and horse”.

Avery shuttered at the words.
“What do you have against horses?”
I asked getting up and going over to where Elle had set up the nail painting station. Elle smiled at me lining up the colors for me to choose what I wanted.
“Let me see, they stink. They stink, they eat your hair and oh yeah, they stink!”
Avery said as she sat with Amanda starting to do an elaborate fishtail braid on Amanda’s hair.
I giggled.
“All animals get smelly sometimes”.
I said looking over at her while Elle started painting my nails the pretty sapphire blue I’d picked out. Avery laughed to herself.
“No, horses stink they aren’t just smelly, they stink!”

Amanda rolled her eyes.
“If I wasn’t in wolf studies I would have taken equestrian studies too”.
Amanda said smiling at me. Aria looked back to us rejoining the conversation.
“Aren’t wolves kind of aligned with the moon? Shouldn’t you be in wolf studies?”
I smiled at her.
“Actually, just because wolves are aligned with the moon by mythology and folk tails doesn’t mean that they are truly of the moon. Horses are strong and have emotions like a real person. To have a horse is more like a partnership not a master owner connection. I think Krissi would rather have a partner animal then “Own” one”.

Elle smiled at me. I nodded to her.
“That’s it exactly”.
“Wow that does make Feline studies sound kind of like slave driving”.
Aria said. I smiled at her.
“Hey, cats don’t have owners they have staff”.
I said reminding myself of my grandmother. Aria laughed giving a nod.
“True, I know Pandora feels that way. By the way you have to come by the kennel to meet her because I know she will just love you”.

We finished with hair, nails and makeup deciding to watch a movie on Netflix which I was shocked to see the school had. But for movies we needed snacks and I was on snack duty. Because the dorm kitchen didn’t really have much in it aside from some canned foods. I had to walk across campus to the main kitchen which was kept open for us all night. The girls made a list of items they wanted, chips, soda, popcorn, chocolate and candy. I grabbed some of the things from the list putting them in a box I’d found to make carrying everything back to the dorm easier.

I loaded the box with the items on the list and smiled to myself. I’d never really had a girl’s night before. It felt good to have friends I could talk to. As I started back across the grounds towards where the dorms were. Stopping dead as a tall figure emerged from the shadows I dropped the box gaping as my very different looking very ex-boyfriend stepped into the moons light.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3