Green Eyes Dont Lie

oo3

We sat out back until well after midnight everyone laughing and Matt telling Val, Michelle and I some tour stories. I was half paying attention to the stories and concentrating on my 4th beer that I was nursing clearly nursing to slowly because when the liquid hit my lips it turned in to foam. I sighed and stood.
"I think I'm gonna go shower and try to sleep" I said giving them a half smile trying to hide the insane throbbing of my shoulder and ribs. Bruised most defiantly bruised. Brian and Michelle stood and hugged me Val rubbed my arm and said she n Matt would be in shortly knowing that I very well may be subjected to a line of questioning or maybe just a shoulder which would be nice.
I walked in though the dining room door and back towards the front of the house near the stairs. I grabbed my duffel and made my way up the soft carpeted steps towards the guest room a normally stay in.

At the top of the stairs was open to a loft area, Matt and Val's room was at the top of the stairs to the left behind a set of dark French doors, to the right was a hall way 3 guest rooms 2 bathrooms and a office. I remember when they moved in and I was moving boxes around in to the room and took claim at the room that had the view of the back yard and attached bathroom because that was crucial when we would all party and my drunk ass needed to vomit in peace. I set my bag on the bed and looked at the familiar room the dresser had pictures in frames of Val and I in high school, graduation, Val's wedding, Michelle's wedding the countless tours we went on to support the guys then there was one and I always loved it was of Zack and I in Portland at warped tour the skies had opened up and we got soaked we ran to the merch tent where Val snapped the picture of Zack grabbing me and kissing my neck and I was laughing.

I shook the memory from my body and flopped back on the king sized bed. The ache set in., my bones hurt, my neck throbbed, my shoulder was screaming at me, my ribs throbbed and my face please don't get me started. A soft knock drew me to the door, it cracked open Val popped her head in and entered slowly with a bottle of water and a bottle of aspirin.

"Figured we could talk and well I can tell your in pain" She said sitting down beside me. I picked at the frayed edges of the quilt Val handed me 5 Advil and the water. I took the pills and offered her a sad smile.
"Alexandrea for as long as I have known you, you can handle your own..what happened tonight?" Val asked she was as worried as the rest. I chugged the water and sat up, perching my self in a indian style across from her.
"Valary..you're my best friend you have been for years can you tell me how I attract these assholes? Do I have 'assholes inquire with in' plastered on my ass that I can't see?" I asked Val looked at the bed
"Well you do have a pretty decent size ass" She smiled and sat up, I giggled a little at her comment which was true.
"I don't know after I watched my mom get it over and over again from Rick I vowed I wouldn't let it happen to me so I got out of there, grabbed what I could left my ring on the dresser and walked here" I cracked my knuckles and running my tongue over my split lip, the taste of blood was tangy and all too real.
My dad divorced my mom two years after we moved to California my mom soon met Rick my step dad a few months later they dated for a while on and off for a while and got married once Rick put that ring on my moms finger he figured that she and I for that matter where his property so I spent many nights at Val & Michelle's place there parents were on board and by middle school I was practically part of the family.
"Wait you walked here? Alex that's well over 4 miles away why didn't you call?" Val asked I nodded knowing that she would pull the older sister like card.
"I know and I couldn't find my cell I think Mark took it or smashed it" I said Val took a deep breath and looked at my face
"I'll kill him you know that Matt will and so will the guys and Michelle she's just as crazy as me you know we could take him down" Val said reassuring me I took a deep breath and closed my eyes
"Val I'm scared to death I thought he was my forever ya know? but I'm just.." I trailed off
"Your beautiful, smart, strong, creative, funny and loving you did nothing wrong at all Alexandrea I need you to get that through your thick ass head" Val said hugging me I laid my head on her shoulder, she smelled like flowers and the fresh salt air, tears came quickly and to fast for me to choke back...

Val held me as I cried for what seemed like hours all the pent up fear, anger, and pain came pouring out of me in a second wind adrenalin rush.
♠ ♠ ♠
feedback welcomed and loved and thank you so so so so so much for reading!

:)