Status: some updates here and there

Save Me From Myself

I Made Up My Mind

I sighed and sat down in detention. I had told my parents that I had a study meeting after school, which was ridiculous because my grades were perfect.
They hadn’t questioned it though, just nodding as I spoke. I had guessed that they weren’t really listening to me, but that didn’t matter. They hardly ever did.
They were always too focused on work or benefits, or Kailey, or just anything other me.
I sighed again at the thought. “Alright, let me take roll,” the advisor said then and picked up a clipboard. He started reading off names, which seemed pointless, considering there was only six of us in here.
“Michael Fuentes?” he asked blandly. He walked in late, lazily falling into one of the chairs.
“You’re late,” he said, glaring at Mike. “Sorry, I was at my locker,” The advisor rolled his eyes and set the clipboard down.
“I’ll be in the teacher’s lounge. The door will be locked, and I will return to let you out when the hour is over. I expect all of you to be quiet and endure the hour in a respectable manor,”
He left us then, the door closing with a little click.
I sighed again and leant forward in my chair. I started lazily scratching at some of the lighter cuts on my wrist, while the others found stupid things to entertain themselves with.
Most of them just toyed with their phones and were talking to each other.
“How come you’re in here?” I looked over at Mike in confusion, wondering why he would be talking to me. “Um…I was fighting?” He laughed and turned to talk to me.
“With who? Aren't you a good kid?” he asked. “Jack Fowler…” Mike nodded and stretched his long legs out, crossing them at the ankles. He was probably a foot taller than Vic, and just as attractive. His near-black hair reached his shoulders, and his tanned skin had a few tattoos on it.
“So I’m supposed to believe that you were fighting Jack?” he asked. “Um, I guess. I didn’t even hit him,” I said and rested my hands in my lap.
“Hm. You know, I don’t see anything wrong with you,” I smiled a little, something I hadn’t done in a while. “Thanks…why are you talking to me? I mean—not that I don’t want to, it’s just—most people don’t,”
Mike shrugged and pulled out a cigarette from his pocket. “I guess I’m just not most people. Besides, you don’t seem so bad. I might even like you if you’d let go and actually talk to me,” he said and lit the cigarette between his lips.
“Do you mind?” I shook my head, not bothered in the slightest. “I’m not used to talking to people,” I admitted. “So? Now you have someone to talk to,”
I bit my lip, wondering why he seemed so adamant to talk with me. I really wasn’t that interesting. “Um…I like music? You’re in a band, right?” He nodded, a smile forming on his lips. “Pierce the Veil. Vic is too. You know him right?”
I nodded silently. “What kind of music do you play?” I asked. “Um, post-hardcore mostly. Vic writes most of the lyrics; they’re kind of emo actually,”
He blew the smoke out of his mouth and then moved the cigarette to rest between his fingers. “I didn’t know you smoked,” I stated, earning a little laugh.
“Where have you been?” I laughed too, mine much quieter than his. “Besides, how would you know?” I shrugged lightly.
“I just watch people. There isn’t a whole lot to do without anyone to talk to, so I just kind of observe people.”
Mike nodded and smirked at me. “That’s a little creepy Kell…. So what might have you learned about people?” I smiled at the nickname.
“Um…like what? I’m pretty observant,” I said. “Well…do you know anything about Vic’s girlfriend?” he asked, his eyes turning more intent.
“Why?” He frowned and took another drag from his cigarette. “I don’t know, I just don’t trust her. She’s too nice, you know? Like, that kind of creepy perfect that makes you wanna gag, but also sends up like, ten red flags?”
I nodded and frowned. “Um…she is kind of weird, now that you mention it. Like, she is always smiling, but only when people are watching her,”
Mike sighed softly and put his cigarette out on his detention slip. “Whatever, I just don’t like her. But you, you’re pretty cool,” he said, surprising me.
“Are you busy tonight?” he asked. I shook my head. I was never busy, unless my parents were forcing me to go to one of their benefits. They were kind both stuck-up socialites.
“Well I’m having a party later. Why don’t you come?” he asked. “Um, I’ve never been to one,”
Mike shrugged lightly. “So what? You can hang out with me and my friends. Do you drink?”
I shrugged and nodded. I had had alcohol before, but I had never had a need for it. “Cool. Let me see your phone,”
I handed it to him, although it only had a few contacts in it. I really had no friends.
“I’ll text you the address, and you can show up at like, nine?” I nodded and took my phone back. “Guess I’ll see you then,” he said and grinned.
“Mhm…” I was surprised the hour had gone by so quickly, although I didn’t really mind. My parents had no idea that I had gotten detention, although they probably wouldn’t care if I went to Mike’s party.
I didn’t usually go out, and they kind of hated it. They were always encouraging me to go out and make friends, although they really wanted me to befriend other kids with rich parents.
They wanted me to make business relations with people. It was too bad for them though because I went to a public school now.
The door suddenly unlocked, Mike sliding his cigarette butt into the trash can. “I’ll see you tonight,” he said and walked out as soon as the door was open. ~
♠ ♠ ♠
what are updates? I dont do those things

title- "Let's Cheers to This" Sleeping With Sirens