Status: some updates here and there

Save Me From Myself

I Make Terrible Decisions

I weaved through the people that were already drunk until I found Mike, leaning against the counter in the kitchen. He was talking to Vic and holding one of the red cups that everyone else seemed to have.
“Hey Kellin,” he said as he saw me. “Hi,” He smiled and moved to pour another drink. “Drink this,” he said and handed it to me.
“Already?” Mike nodded and watched me until I drank some of it. I cringed at the burning in my throat before taking another sip to chase it.
“Not bad. Don’t taste it though, it makes it worse,” I nodded and did as he said. Vic was just standing there until his girlfriend walked up.
She slid her arm around his waist, Vic doing the same after he realized who it was. “Hey babe,” he said ad kissed her once. She smiled sweetly at him and Mike before looking at me. “Oh, who’s this?” she asked, smiling at me.
I smiled back a little, kind of unnerved by her smile. She seemed falsely sweet when she looked at me. “This is Kellin. Kell, this is Alexa.”
I smiled again and sipped my drink to avoid the awkward atmosphere that had surrounded us.
“So, what are you doing here?” she asked. “I mean—I’ve never seen you at a party before,”
I shrugged lightly. “Mike asked me to come,” I said. “Yeah, do you have a problem?” he quipped. “Mike,” Vic scolded back, talking through his teeth.
“What? It’s not like she asked it in the most friendly manner,” I smiled, kind of pleasantly surprised that he was defending me.
I didn’t really know him, but I liked Mike. He seemed like such a genuine person. “Whatever,” Vic leant closer to Alexa, pressing his face into her hair as he spoke.
He was talking quietly, but I could still hear him, and I was pretty sure Mike could too. “Do you wanna go up to my room?” he asked, nowhere near a whisper.
She giggled and nodded. “Sure baby,” She looked directly at him and poked her cheek out. Vic tried to hide his grin before pulling her away.
“I hate her,” Mike muttered and tipped his cup back. He refilled it before taking my hand and leading me away.
“Where are we going?” I asked as he pulled me down the steps. “To my room; I have the basement,” Mike said and then closed the door behind us.
“Kellin, this is Jamie, Tony, Jenna, Tay, and Alysha,” The boys waved at me and the girls smiled. “Hey, babe,” Alysha said and moved to kiss Mike.
He sat down beside her, resting his hand on her thigh. I sat down on the end of the sectional and looked around at everyone. Mike leant back over the couch to the coffee table, coming back with a blunt.
He lit it, bringing it to his lips afterwards. He looked at me, a little smirk on his face. “Do you smoke?” he asked, laughing when I shrugged.
“Okay, have you ever smoked?” I shook my head at him. “Wanna try it?” he asked. I shrugged again. “Come on Kell, use your words,”
I laughed a little. “Why?” I asked. “Why not?” My eyes narrowed before taking it from him. “Just once,” I nodded and put it between my lips before inhaling once.
Mike laughed and took it back as I started coughing. “Jesus,” he chuckled and took another hit off of it. “Am I supposed to feel different?” I asked, not noticing anything.
“Not immediately. Just wait,” I frowned a little and leant against the back of the couch. I pulled my knees up and watched as some of his friends passed the blunt around.
“Do you do this often?” I asked casually. “Not always. But yeah, why?” I shrugged.
“I didn’t know people actually did this,” I admitted. “You’ve lived a pretty sheltered life then, huh?” Jaime asked, making me laugh.
“Yeah, kind of. But I could list all of the benefit events this month,” Jaime laughed at that. “Why? I didn’t even know we had benefits,”
I nodded and swallowed back some of my drink. “My parents are rich and snobby socialites,” He nodded slowly.
“Ew,” he muttered. “Mhm,” Mike looked over at me then. “Has your high kicked in yet?” he asked. “Um…I don’t think so?” I asked back. “Is that a statement or a question?”
I frowned and set my drink down against my leg. “Um, both I guess. What is it supposed to feel like?” Mike sighed.
“It’s different for everyone, although the more you hit it, the stronger the trip,”
I nodded and then listened to them talk quietly while I waited for something to happen. I didn’t really notice it, but I started to feel kind of different. Almost blissfully calm, and kind of giddy.
“Enjoying yourself?” Tony asked, chuckling at me. “Mhm,” He laughed as I giggled to myself. “I think it worked,” he said to Mike, who nodded.
I sat there quietly, just enjoying my little high while the others talked and Mike made out with Alysha. No one seemed to mind, and honestly, I didn’t either.
Alysha seemed just as nice as Mike, and she was drop dead gorgeous. I smiled at nothing as lay my head back against the couch.
“I think Kellin's a little out of it,” someone said, they’re voice sounding far away. “Just a little,” I giggled and looked up. “No I’m not,” I said slowly.
“Gees Mike, how strong was that shit?” The blond girl asked. “Let’s just say it was good shit,” he said and laughed.
“You fucked him up,” I laughed again and finished the rest of my drink.
“Maybe he should crash here tonight,” someone else said. “Yeah, maybe. You get the couch though,” Mike said to me. “Mhm, okay…” I listened to everyone else talk, slowly drifting in and out of consciousness.
I was still awake, but really out of it. “Kell?” someone asked. “Hm?” I heard them laugh slightly. “Here,” A blanket was draped over me and then they walked away.
“Night Kellin,” I giggled and nodded as the lights turned off. ~
♠ ♠ ♠
this chapter was really short

title- "Horoscopes" As It Is