Status: Let me know if you guys like it and I'll reveal Chapter 6!

Confessions From a Church Girl

Introductions

Allow me to tell you a story about my life. This “book” will probably crash and burn like all the rest of my stories, but hey, it gives me something to do on slow days at work, and I get to practice my typing skills. This is also for my own entertainment. Because I'm funny. And hey, if I decide to publish this, cool.

My name is Blair Waldorf. I live in a semi-small town called Augusta, Maine. I go to a church called Augusta Baptist-Christian Church. We are obviously, Baptist-Christians. Don’t expect me to dog on my own religion, or express that I don’t belong here or what not. I believe 100% that this is where I am supposed to be and I believe 100% in it. But I also won't shovel my beliefs down your throat. So.
Bare with me, this might get a little confusing, especially if you don’t have any recollection or idea of how joint churches work.

No, “Joint” churches have nothing to do with weed or smoking things. Joint churches are a select few of other churches located around Maine that believe exactly what we believe. We have a total of about 10 joint churches, some of them are semi big, and some of them are really small. We all keep in touch by doing activities together, so we all know each other pretty well.

So when you think about it, the big churches probably have 40 families and other church probably have 5-20 families so when you combine them all, you’ve got a lot of families, which means you have a lot of kids, which means there’s a lot of teenage girls and boys, and that means there’s a lot of drama. Yes, it is true. The people with the most amount of drama in their lives are the church kids. So when you get a bunch of them in the same room, you have a lot trouble, and if you’re into drama, a lot of entertainment.

I have basically lived around this all my life, but in the 3rd grade, my dad took a job in Rhode Island and we lived there for 5 years. So when my mom, siblings and I, came back my 8th grade year, barely anyone remembered who I was because I had left at such a young age. Basically, I was new all over again, and when you are new in this environment, you are at the bottom of the totem pole. Being at the bottom of the totem pole means, you have to work your way up. With that said, this my story of how I, Blair, overcame all of the dramatic girls in our work and became the queen bee of them all… Just kidding, but this is my journey.

Let’s rewind back to the summer before my 8th grade year. While we were in Rhode Island, we kind of got away from the habit of going to church all of the time. So I didn’t want to move back to Augusta. Augusta meant church 2x a week, teen bible studies, VBS, church school camp, and joint-gatherings. (one of the activities the joint churches do once a month) joint-gatherings would mean stuck up christians girls from different towns, that are BFF’s with each other and get in your business to tell you that your skirt is too short and your clothes are too tight, and just other things that I didn’t want to hear as a 13 year old at the time. Not only at joint-gathering, but I could even face those kinds of attitudes at my own “home” church of Augusta. But to my surprise, there were barely any teenagers there. There was the Archibald boys, (Tripp and Nate. Nate, who I had a huge crush on my whole childhood before I left so I decided to keep liking him when I came back) Sara, Georgina, and Dan and Jenny Humphrey. They all greeted me fairly nicely, but being the shy girl that I always am, I didn’t take any thought to try to befriend any of them.

Until a couple weeks later, this girl Georgina didn’t give me a choice. It was after Bro. Archibald finished preaching. I was packing up my bible, when she tapped on my shoulder.

“Hi!” She chirped. “So, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out, and come over today for lunch! And maybe you can be my friend?” She smiled. Georgina was sure straight and to the point. Why would in the world would I turn an opportunity like this down?

“Sure, let me ask my mom first.” I smiled back. Of course, my mom told me yes, and before you know it I was in the car with her and her parents and we were on our way to her house.

“So, I know you are new and all, uh.. well kind of.. But I don’t remember you at all before you left, so you are new to me, so tell me about yourself!” She kind of shouted when she yelled.

“Uh, well you already know my name is Blair. I have 3 siblings… which you already know.. um…” I was really struggling. I didn’t like to talk about myself. Who would be interested in getting to know me? I don’t have an interesting story.

“Well, we can start with, why you left Rhode Island and moved back to Maine?” She asked. Oh that’s easy. It’s because my dad had one of his anger issues episodes and the police got involved one too many times and they threatened my mom to leave him, or else we’d get taken away from her too and put into foster care. I couldn’t tell her that.

“Well, things weren’t working out in Rhode Island, so we moved over here. And my dad is over there, temporarily…” I technically wasn’t lying. It was temporary. Until he got things straightened out, and took some anger management classes. Until then we were with my grandma. Who’s hated my dad from the beginning. And because of that whole incident, we were treated like helpless victims and were forced to visit a family counselor two times a week. I didn’t want to be treated like a victim by the only friend I had. I wanted to feel normal again.

“Oh bummer! What’s it like down there, living in that small of a State. I am glad you are up here now. It’s a lot better. Just wait til you see my room, it’s the best room yet. My parents and I had a huge argument about that room and guess who won? Me, of course.” She continued talking and talking about herself until we got there, not even caring that her parents were eavesdropping. When we got there, she still continued to talk. Which was okay with me. I’d rather talk about her than talk about myself.

Boy was she a handful. She was controlling but she listened and cared for me as a friend. No one else really liked Georgina because they all thought that soon as she turned 18, she’d be out of church. I kind of believed it, but I was hopeful that she wouldn’t. The August before 8th grade, the joint churches does our annual church school camp. Who wants to go to church school, for one week, in the middle of nowhere with ALL of the joint churches, and all of the teenagers and finally, all of the drama? I sure didn’t. Every bone within me just wanted to stay home and play on my computer and watch Comcast on Demand. But of course, I didn’t get a choice.
♠ ♠ ♠
It get's better...