Status: Let me know if you guys like it and I'll reveal Chapter 6!

Confessions From a Church Girl

Church School Camp

When I walked into my cabin along with the other 13 and 14 year old girls, the only one who really recognized me was Nate and Tripp’s cousin, Hazel, from the Gardiner church. Her and I were good friends before I left. I vaguely remember walking up and down bleachers together and hanging out with our dads as they fished. I stood there in the doorway as she called out my name in remembrance. It took me a second to remember her, but as I looked at her the little memories I had came back, and she was pretty! I knew right then that we wouldn’t be friends again because she’d probably stick her nose up at my short strawberry blonde hair, and my love for only eyeliner. Kelly soon chimes in, with “Oh yeah! Waldorf right?” Kelly had long brown hair, she was short and nobody let her forget it, she was from the Sidney church. I barely remember anything from Kelly but the feeling of annoyance. I must have not liked her as a kid. Kelly is the kind of girl who mothers everyone. Maybe she was the one I thought would judge me for my character.

“That’s me.” I said and went straight to the last empty bunk. The bottom bunk. By the counselor. No one likes the bottom bunk in that age group.

I don’t really remember the rest of the week really. I vaguely remember always trying to make friends but always getting dragged around by a leash in the hand of Georgina who didn’t like the other girls. I remember walking around the camp and having Georgina point out flaws about everyone. Saying, Nate’s a manwhore, Jayson, the newer guy from Idaho is a player, Kelly, Lola and Jenny are dramatic, Vanessa is mean, Jessica is nosey, Kaylee is obnoxious, and other things about these people that I barely remember.

I talked to Jenny a couple of times and we kind of got acquainted, and this girl Jessica was pretty nice. She was from Sidney, and kind of an outcast just like I was, but we shared a lot of the same interests. I didn’t get anywhere with anyone else. Was I really so weird that no one wanted to hang out with me? Or was it just because I had an antisocial personality that repelled people.

Two things I did learn though. 1) I definitely had no chance with Nate Archibald. That whole weeks drama was dedicated to Kelly and Lola basically fighting over him. Nate had a “thing” with Kelly that year, (Christian definition for ‘Thing’: Verb. To like each other, but not date. Usually takes place when parties aren’t old enough to date, or they just want to get to know each other.) but he had always been head over heels with her cousin, Lola and Lola knew it. I don’t think Nate could ever be committed to a girl if Lola was around. They were quite the match too, blonde, blue eyes, she was a snob, he was overly cocky, and that drove me away from liking Nate ever again. And 2) I learned by the end of the week was that I had moved my crush on from Nate, to his older brother Tripp. He was on my team in PE and games and I didn’t realize how cute he was until that day. He was about 2 years older than me, and I really started to like him.