Status: Let me know if you guys like it and I'll reveal Chapter 6!

Confessions From a Church Girl

Getting to know Jenny and Dan Humphrey

When we returned home, I spent the rest of the summer with Georgina. We became best friends. I stayed the night at her house for days at a time and I had a lot of fun over there. At her house, there were no chores, tons of chocolate, and movies everyday. We’d talk about her obsession with one of the trouble making, boys from the Gardiner church, and how he would instant-message her on Facebook and completely deny her because he was 3 years older and she was too young. We also talked about the day Tripp and I would get together, and how it would happen. We’d often fall asleep around 3 AM playing the, “What Would You Do If” game. We’d sleep in until 2 PM everyday and basically just be on our own. The coolest thing about this is that her parents didn’t care at all. Which would be considered extremely bad parenting in our Work. That whole year kind of went by pretty quickly.

In church, Jenny started to bring one of her good friends from North Augusta Middle School. Her name was Charlie, and boy did she and Nate like each other a ton. It didn’t surprise me. She was extremely smart and pretty and she knew how to get what she wanted.

Pretty soon she started coming more often, and then finally I saw her come with the Humphrey’s every Wednesday and Sunday.

Jenny and I got more and more acquainted, and pretty soon I was talking to her brother, Dan too. Dan was my age, he had quite the baby face, I remember us being fairly good friends before I left.

Also along the lines of the Humphrey’s, there needed to be a mission work in a small town 6 hours away named, “Brooks.” And Bro. Dave Humphrey was called to do so. That would mean that in less than a month, the friends that I had been getting to know a little more and more were going to be 6 hours away and the only time we would see them are once a month at joint-gatherings.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bonus information! : Jenny Humphrey is the key to the growth of this story.