I'm All Over You, I'm Not Over You

First Date

Lindsey's POV

I was sitting there, helping my fellow techie, Andrea with the amps. Getting heated from the hot sun in Texas, Andrea flopped down on an amp, water in hand.

"I hate working in this weather," She complained. I shrugged and continued plunking in chords.

"I love the sun! I'm from Wisconsin, and man, it's so cold there."

"Lucky, I'd give anything for snow," Andrea replied.

I was about to brag about how fun snow is, when a broad silhouette came toward me, calling my name.

"Lindsey! Hey!"

I did a slight fan girlish giggle when I found out who it was: Zachary Wayne Farro!

"Hey..." I said uneasily, as Andrea's playfully jealous eyes caught mine.

"How's it going in the hot heat?"

"Umm... fantastic." I stuttered. Andrea scoffed.

"It's too fucking hot!" She screamed toward the sky.

Zac laughed, suddenly uneasy. It was weird, because usually he's so suave.

"So, are you up to anything right now?"

My heart stopped beating in my chest for a few seconds.

"No..."

"Well, would you want to grab an ice cream cone right now?"

"I... well... uh -- yes, I would." I choked out, and I looked at Andrea, who gave me her approval with a nod.

"Cool!" Zac nearly screamed, but caught himself with a slight blush on his cheeks.

"Yeah. Are we going right now?"

"If that's all right with you..."

"Yeah! Anything to get out of the sun! Let's go!" I exclaimed, skipping slightly ahead with excitement. Zac laughed nervously as he ran ahead to be in harmony with me. I threw my arm around him in a friendly way.

This was going to be fun: I LOVE ICE CREAM!

Hayley's POV

Josh climbed onto our tour bus, somewhat frantically. "HAYLEY!" He called.

I stopped doing my makeup, and glared at him. "What?"

"Guess what I heard through the grapevine?"

"What?"

"Well... Zac just went to ask Lindsey out! On a date!"

"He what!"

"Yeah, he was just telling me about it. To go get ice cream, or something like that."

"Well, oh my gosh! We have stop him!"

"We can't, they're already on their way to the parlor."

I cursed, and Jeremy jumped out of his bunk unexpectedly.

"What's all the commotion?"

"Well, Zac is going to ask Lindsey out to ice cream, well, he already did. We have to do something about it!" I explained frantically.

"Ah," Jeremy pondered the options. "We could just spy on them!"

Josh's eyes light up. "Yeah, and if they try to kiss we'll butt in!"

You could tell my eyes sparked. "Yeah! Zac does not ask my crush out on a date!"

Josh giggled, "I knew it!"

I playfully smacked the back of Josh's head as we made our way out of the bus.

****

As soon as we spotted them, Jeremy displayed a lovely view of his James Bond roll. It was hard trying not to laugh too hard.

"Jeremy, you're impossible to spy with!" Josh scoffed, keeping an eye on his little brother.

"What? I had to!"

I giggled at my friends. They're stupid, aren't they?

I peeked from behind the corner. Zac was currently blushing his head off and trying desperately to wipe ice cream off his crotch area without Lindsey seeing. Josh seemed to see the same as me, because he burst out laughing.

Jeremy immediately pouted. "Hey, and you said I suck at spying!"

Josh stopped suddenly. "You do." He shrugged.

"Do not!"

"Do too!"

"Guys! Shut up, I think he's trying to make his move!" I screamed, silently. (If that's even possible).

They stopped, and we all watched with a weird interest.

Lindsey was giggling cutely and Zac was blushing. Typical.

But then he started to lean forward. When he did, Lindsey leaned backwards. We all smirked with delight.

Who knew spying on your best friend was so much fun?

Lindsey's POV

When I noticed Zac leaning in towards me, eyes closed, mouth puckered, I nearly screamed. I leaned slightly backwards. Now, I doubt he's a bad kisser, but, well... I just don't know.

I just don't feel like he's boyfriend material. I mean, I'm two years older than he is, Hayley's age. Not that age matters in a relationship, but I'd feel too much like his older sister. That's what I view myself as; the closer I get to Zac, his older sister.

That's when I heard it, a cackle of laughter, then a slap. I looked over to the corner of the parlor, and there was Hayley, Josh, and Jeremy. When my eyes landed on Hayley, her eyes got very wide and she ducked.

I looked back to Zac, who was still leaning forwards. Then I turned my attention to Hayley, who was trying to be quiet. However, even I could hear her from my place.

"...Guys, shut up! Jeremy, you're the stupidest person I know! Quit doing James Bonds stunts! We have to get out of here, we've been spotted! ...No, Josh, it was not my fault!"

With that, they all ran out, into the opening, in plain view. Then out the door they went.

This band has horrible sneaking skills.

I giggled to myself. This caught Zac's attention, and his eyes snapped open.

"Is something the matter?" He asked, clearly annoyed.

"Oh, Zac, I'm sorry, but I'm going to go. I think Andrea might need my help setting up. Sound check is in fifteen minutes. Thanks for the ice cream." I said, getting up.

"Wait! Would you want to go on a real date tomorrow night?" Zac asked frantically.

I shook my head. "I'm sorry, Zac, but things just didn't seem to click for me. I'm sorry!"

However, Zac merely laughed. "It's okay, I thought so. We can just be best friends! That sounds so much better."

I nodded, "Yes, it does. Thanks for being so awesome!" I yelled excitedly, and swooped down to give him a kiss on the cheek. Then I left the ice cream parlor, leaving Zac blushing madly.
♠ ♠ ♠
hahaha. i loved this chapter.
but, this story is on hiatus. i hate typing for it.... it's so difficult. but i'll try my B E S T ! (:
comments would help me type chapter 4 faster *wink wink*