Status: 2/100 so far

100 Themes

Rain Was Falling in the Street

OLIVER'S POV

That was the first time I had seen Tom crying. It was the last day in the first week of high school. He insisted on walking home alone, but I went out searching for him when he wasn't back after it got dark.

It was pouring out when I looked for him. I found him sitting under a street light. I jogged towards him, but stopped when I realised his shoulders were shaking. Rain was falling in the street, and Thomas Sykes, my little brother, was crying.

I remember going to him, hugging him, cradling him in my arms and rocking him as he cried. He cried about the bullies. He cried about all the attention they caused him to get.

I remember thinking "It's now or never." then grabbing his face between my hands. I remember him looking up at me with those broken, gorgeous blue eyes and them slipping closed when I connected my lips to his.

I remember the feeling of his quivering lips against mine as our lips moved in harmony. I remember my eyes slipping shut from the amazing feeling, and his small hands gripping my upper arms as I pulled away a little.

That questioning look I received from him after the kiss was enough for me to explain.

I was in love with him.

And I still am.