Status: 2/100 so far

100 Themes

They Say a Monster Lives in Those Hills

TOM'S POV

Sitting on the roof of my house, I stared out at the rolling hills. I remember what everyone said about them, the horrible rumour that I knew was not true.

They say a monster lives in those hills.

Now, I wouldn't call him a monster, oh no. More like a prankster, just trying to get random people other than his friends and family to fuck off.

My older brother, Oliver Sykes, lived out in those hills. In a peaceful mansion-like house where he could have so many loud, reckless parties without the police getting called.

It had been a while since he had one. I know this because on dark nights you can see the bright lights coming from the house. The soft glow into the sky.

Nor have I seen Oliver in a long time. He came around rarely, and most of the time I was in school when he did come around. I constantly felt as if he was avoiding me, avoiding my demon-self.

"Tommy? Are you gonna sit up there all night? I've been calling your name for ages." I heard a thick accent say. I looked down, staring in shock at my older brother, hands in the pockets of his hoodie, tight skinny jeans, ruffled hair, and a cocky grin on his face.

I got down from the roof, standing in front of him.

"Tsk, Tommy, you're gonna catch a cold being out here barefooted and no sweater." He tsked. I shrugged, looking down and wringing my hands awkwardly. He must've sensed the awkwardness, because he pulled me into a tight hug.

"Hey, relax Tommy. I came here to come get you. You're coming to live with me, mum and dad don't mind, I've already talked everything over with them. So let's go get your things packed. Oh, and there's plenty of room on my roof for you to stare." He explained.

"Live... with you? So.. you're not, like.... angry? Disgusted?" I asked softly. He gave me a confused look.

"Why would I be angry or disgusted?" He asked in disbelief.

"Because you've been away from me for a while, you haven't talked to me.." I mumbled, trailing off.

"Tommy, I've been planning this. This is your birthday surprise!" Looking at my confused look, he continued, "What? You know it's your birthday, right?" Oh yeah. My 18th birthday.

"Um y-yeah." I stuttered out. Oliver burst into laughter as I felt my cheeks burning.

I suddenly felt slender fingers intertwine with my slight chubby ones. I looked up at Oliver, my head swimming with questions.

"You look really cute when you blush." He smiled. That caused my cheeks to burn more.

"And when you move in, we can start dating." He slipped that cocky grin on his face again.

"What- When- You- How did you find out?" I blurted.

"You think I didn't hear you dream about me?" He laughed. My cheeks burned more as he pulled me into a hug.

"Now there's two monsters in those hills." He joked, causing me to laugh.

Yeah, I could get used to being Oliver's monster.