The Perfect Combination

Chapter 1

“Latest ‘Clothes over Bros’ collection hailed as innovative, fresh and dynamic by fashion power house Anna Wintour”

“Terry its the third time you’ve read that Vogue article, can you give it a rest please” Natalia asked with a frown on her face.

“Oh please, I wouldn’t need to be reading this if you’d just tell me why you look like you’ve just found out that Shakira’s hips do in fact lie. What is wrong with you?”. Terry, her assistant, fired back.

Terry had always been perceptive but right now Natalia wished her superpower was not on high alert because if the red haired woman knew what was really on her bosses mind she’d be the first to question her sanity.

“Nothings wrong. I’m just thinking about home and how much I miss my family” Natalia lied.

“I bet you’re also thinking about that hot piece of meat that is your best friend” Terry smirked.

“Eww…Stop sexualizing Sergio and we both know that I do not feel that way about him”

“Of course you don’t” Terry played along.

“YOU KNOW I DON’T SO STOP LYING” Natalia replied angrily.

“Jeez woman calm down, I was only joking. I know you are in no way interested in him”

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have snapped at you. I’m just preoccupied with things….” Natalia began to explain.

“Hey you don’t need to apologize I’ve seen how crazy you can get when you’re under pressure so if you need to lash out at someone, lash out at me. I’m a big girl, I can take it.” Terry began to comfort Nati.

“Hahaha, I will not be using you as my personal punching bag but thank you for offering and understanding,” she began, “now have you booked my flight to Madrid?. I need to be back in the country where the beautiful game is called football rather than soccer”.

Terry stuck out here tongue at that soccer reference and added “yes, I’ve booked your flight. you’ll arrive at two and Sergio has promised to pick you up from Barajas airport.”

“Thanks Terry, I should probably start packing if I’m gonna be at LAX on time”, Natalia said as she began to ascend the stairs of her home, which also doubled as her home office.

*

“Bienvenido al aeropuerto de Barajas…” the P.A. system announced.

“Ugh where is he? I knew he’d be late.”

He of course was Sergio Ramos. To the rest of the world he was the worlds best defender but since she was 15 all he's been to her is an annoyance that has never been on time for anything. He would probably be late for his own funeral. She couldn’t help but snort at that thought but was quickly interrupted by someone.

“Looking for someone?”

“JESUS SERGIO, YOU SCARED ME”, she screamed as other people looked back to see what the commotion was about.

“I’m sorry Lia, I was just trying to surprise you. I guess it didn’t work.” The defender replied apologetically.

“No shit Sherlock you could have given me a heart attack,” she fired back angrily while grabbing her bags and walking to the car.

Sergio had tried to apologize as they walked to the car but from the glare Natalia gave him while they were loading the bags into the boot, he figured silence would save him from certain death. The drive to her family home started out silent but as time began to drag on Sergio took it upon himself to apologize.

“Lia, I’m sorry for what I did back there I didn’t mean to scare you” He began.

“MMMM”, was the only reply he got back.

“Come on don’t be like this. I’m really sorry. Tell me what I have to do for you to forgive me and I promise I’ll do it”, Sergio bargained.

“Anything, I ask you’ll do?” she perked up to ask him.

“Yes, anything.” He momentarily looked at her to reassure her that he was serious before he returned his gaze back to the road ahead.

“OK, then”, she began, “Give me a baby” She said proudly.

“WHAT?!”
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued...